Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:47 PM

Author Topic: Great Snooper 1.5 Beta - Help testing  (Read 5115 times)

Offline WTF-8

Re: Great Snooper 1.5 Beta - Help testing
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 12:15 AM »

This "{0}" thingy was supposed to be used as a control symbol/phrase which would be replaced with the current away reason. However, it doesn't vanish when no reason is specified (like in case if away mode is not active). This seem to happen in Polish translation as well, but others work fine.

2. Energy save mode screws up players sorting. For example, if one would enable the "energy save mode when snooper is minimized" thing, and then minimize and maximize the snooper, the players sorting order would be reset to nickname-based one. It'd ignore players groups, too. (Normally, those who are in groups would be displayed at the top, but not in this case)

3. IDK if this happens to anyone else, but I can't rename the first players group into "Buddies". If I would try to do so, its name would be reverted to default one, depending on the current language used.

Bug number 2: if i copy a text line which contains an hyperlink the snooper crashes.
Hm, GS seem to not detect any links at all  :O  What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:20 AM by WTF-8 »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Words founded by Nitificator, are not highlighted in the chat. boooooooooooooooooo

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Tomi, what are you waiting for? Christmas?
Any chances to see GS updates (and especially bugfixes) this year?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Tomi

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 09:15 PM »
Are you my boss or what.. did you pay for it? Then keep waiting.. i will do it when i want

Offline Sensei

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 09:40 PM »
Lol

Offline Tomi

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 04:28 PM »
OK, here is the new version of Great Snooper 1.5 Beta!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iow024rl4i8hqe5/GS15Beta.zip?dl=1

Changes, fixes:

- The labels in the settings window have now more space. Hopefully enough for every translations.

Bugs reported by XanKriegor:

- Channel summary text is fixed when the width of the snooper is small or when the user list is too wide. (I was trying to fix this issue earlier too, but couldn't.. now I did something and it seems like it works xd)

- Usergroup name translations should be ok now.

- Great Snooper users have italic font style again. And I added an option in the settings to turn this feature off. That sentence should be translated also.

Bugs reported by WTF-8:

- I removed "join these channels on startup", because i felt it uncomfortable to type channel names. Now when you join a channel then you can select auto join on startup checkbox to enable this option. To disable you need to leave the channel and uncheck the checkbox. I think I will mention this in the wiki page on worms2d.info.

- I think moving the checkboxes to the left side can't work, coz then I should move other things too (like textboxes, buttons, select boxes) and those would not look good on the left side in my opinion.

- Now if you click X, GS will close.

More bugs by XanKriegor:

- I disabled tray popup while game is on

- Sorting bug is fixed.

- Notificator words are also highlighted now.

More bugs by WTF-8:

- I allowed to write into those file path textboxes.

- I removed that bug when you click on the tray icon. (Good catch!)

- I won't waste my time with the login button.. such a little bug can remain. :D

Bugs reported by Sbaffo:

- I solved that issue when snooper asks if you would like to turn off league searcher.

- Crash when copying a hyperlink is fixed. (Nice catch!)

More bugs by WTF-8:

- The {0} thing when you move your mouse over away manager icon should not happen when translations are completed.

- Renaming a group to the default name when the language of the application is not English won't work. This is a bug, but it is too complicated to solve right now. I think I will leave this one, because it's not that bad. However good catch!

- Links should work now fine.

Other:

- Hoster.exe was changed too, because it was buggy when hosted without WormNat2.

- There are 2 new sentences to translate.

About crash issues: we should debug it together, coz it's really strange that it happens only for you guys.

And thanks for the help! ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:37 PM by Tomi »

Offline Husk

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 04:35 PM »
ok let's hope WTF-8 approves these changes... xD

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Thanks, Tomi. Pls send me new file to translate, i still did not do it coz buried under my work now.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 06:56 PM »
ok let's hope WTF-8 approves these changes... xD

Offline Tomi

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 08:07 PM »
I updated the link again. It has now the newest polish translation and the {0} bug is fixed at the away manager.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 03:28 PM »
Quote from: Tomi
About crash issues: we should debug it together
k

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 05:02 PM »
W:A maintaner
W:A mainTANER

Free taner from shoutbox ban!!!!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2015, 02:23 PM »
I updated the link to the latest version again.

I fixed some buttons' width and some text bugs.
I also found the bug which stopped the snooper to reconnect and fixed it.

And I added some new features too..

Ultimate bandwidth saving features: xd

I added some checkboxes in settings with which you can disable all the plus bandwidth things that the snooper is using. So you can disable the loading of common settings on startup, tus accounts, channel scheme, game list. Moreover you can disable IRC WHO commands too, which uses the most bandwidth of  the snoopers / game.

The server of WormNet works in a way that if a user joins a channel then the server sends a message that somebody joined. But that message contains no information about user client, rank, country. So the snooper must send a WHO request for these things. This requires about 3 times more of bandwidth than if the join message would contain those informations. So to sum this: if you disable WHO messages, you will lose all the information of the users expect their name, but you will save some bandwidth.

Please try to find bugs in this version, because in my opinion this is kind of close to a release version. Thx

Hopefully there are only some text bugs and the russian internet bugs left ;)

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Damn...

What russian inet bugs?))

Offline Tomi

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Version 5 (28.12.2015) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iow024rl4i8hqe5/GS15Beta.zip?dl=1

Hopefully this is the last beta version before the big release :D

Please try to test if you can find any bugs ;)

Translators: soon I will send you the last strings to translate.

New features:
- Export, import, reset settings