Forums
April 23, 2024, 07:36 AM

Author Topic: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter  (Read 35753 times)

Offline Tomi

Re: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 08:53 PM »
If nothing comes up then the new version will be out at the end of this month. There will be some new, unique features again, bug fixes and some little changes, so stay tuned ;)

Offline Tomi

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Hi! I need some help :D So the new snooper will have a list that will look like this: (you can check these options)

Search in:
 - game names
 - hoster names
 - channel join messages

My question is: is this english enough? xd I mean is it right? :D

(I wanna release it tomorrow ;))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:36 PM by Tomi »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 03:26 PM »
Hey guys!
I just want to notify you that the new version of Great Snooper is out!

It is called v1.4.2, what a nice name!  ;D

If the updater fails, you can do these:
  • Delete Great Snooper.exe from installation directory and run Updater.exe (as administrator).
  • If this is not working either, then download the portable version and copy all the files to the installation directory.

Some new features can be turned off in the Settings!

What's new? Everything.

But really, there are a lot of changes. First of all the little changes:
  • Logout feature
  • It can save now message color that you choose for a player
  • You can hide banned people
  • It will save the order of player list
  • Tray notifications, exit button can minimize the snooper to tray
  • The snooper use now less CPU
  • New look for the menu and for the TUS features
  • You can set the volume of the notification sounds of Great Snooper
  • League searcher will search for words that CONTAINS a league word (so it will notify you if you look for TUS and somebody writes "tus/tel ne1?")
  • You can specify information and quit message for the snooper. (Don't change information message if you would like to use conversations feature!)
  • You can specify which channels you would like to join automatically on startup
  • 324 other bug fixes

Ok let's go for the great updates... ;)

#worms channel

You can join now #worms channel where you will surely get help for any W:A releated problems (and you can met some cool people here too :) ). This channel will not be visible by default (to prevent brainless people to join there), you must enable it in settings (Settings / General Settings / Show #worms channel)

#worms can be found on an other server, not on WormNet, so your nickname may be used on that server. In this case you can specify another nickname in the Settings.

Conversations

Yes, Great Snooper users can speak with more people in private at the same time! How it works? If you open a private chat with a Great Snooper user (and you select that chat) then right click on an other user from the user list and click "Add to conversation". This feature are available only for Great Snooper users (other snoopers can't handle this right now).

Great Snooper v1.4.2 is needed for all the users in the conversation! You can not add a user to a conversation if he/she is using other snooper or the game.

If you change the "Information message" in Settings, then this feature will not work!

Notificator

With this new feature you can look for words in the name of a game or in the hoster of the game or in messages or it can notify when a user joins a channel.
How does it work?
  • You can open this feature if you click the image near the "League game searcher".
  • Then click add new notificator.
  • Type the words you are looking for in the textbox (one word per line!)
  • Choose where are you looking for those word (game name, hoster name, etc..)
  • Choose if you lke to match equal words or words that contains a word that you are looking for
  • Click Start searching button

Ok let's see an example: you would like if you would get a notification when a shopper or a roper is being hosted or when SOMEBODY hosts a game. Then you add a notificator with the words "shopper" and "roper" (using 2 lines), select search in name of the games and select "equal to *word*" or "contains *word*". Then add another notificator with the word "SOMEBODY", select search in name of the hosts and select "equal to *word*" or "contains *word*". Then click start searching.

You can set the notificator sound in the settings btw. Default it is the same as League searcher's (if you haven't replaced it of course).

I may miss something for sure, take a look in the Settings to find them ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:59 PM by Tomi »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 08:43 AM »
Aw, I forgot to add an option to disable tray messages. I will add this function, but i will wait 2-3 days if anyone will have another request.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 10:52 AM »
Ok i released a new update.

Modifications:

• There was a little bug in league game searcher which I repaired.
  • New settings options to enable / disable things like balloon messages, tray icon flashing
  • In the user list buddies will be shown at the top of the list, while ignored people will be shown at the bottom of the list
  • League searcher will spam for league games now in every 90 seconds for 15 minutes
  • The snooper can hide itself (to tray) when you join or host a game and like that it will use less CPU

Another bug in updater:

Sorry guys I am not really in top shape  :( So if you installed the new version (v1.4.2) of the snooper with the installer, then the automatic update will fail. You need to download the portable version of the snooper and copy the Updater2.exe file to the installation directory or reinstall the snooper with the installer version. The ones who updater the snooper with auto updater to the new version should have no problems.

By the way the best way to update the snooper if you just run the Updater2.exe (as administrator).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:59 AM by Tomi »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 07:33 PM »

Another bug in updater:

Sorry guys I am not really in top shape  :( So if you installed the new version (v1.4.2) of the snooper with the installer, then the automatic update will fail. You need to download the portable version of the snooper and copy the Updater2.exe file to the installation directory or reinstall the snooper with the installer version. The ones who updater the snooper with auto updater to the new version should have no problems.

By the way the best way to update the snooper if you just run the Updater2.exe (as administrator).

Hey, i had this problem, i turned off the great snooper and run the updater and it worked. I guess unistalling isn't needed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:39 PM by Sbaffo »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Great Snooper v1.4.4 (Peja edition)

Hi! I just made new changes to the snooper which was asked by Peja (not every changes were asked). You don't need to update the snooper if you don't want to (there won't be popup message that there is a new version).

But if you would like to use this new version then close the snooper and run Updater2.exe in the installation directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Great Snooper) or download and install this version from here

What is new:

• The snooper will save its layout. So if you make the user list wider then the snooper will remember that when you start it again.
  • Information column were added to the user list like in Wheat Snooper. (And a setting option to remove it xD)
  • The distance of the rows in the user list and in the game list are smaller so you can see much more users in the user list and you don't need to scroll that much.
  • The snooper will remember if you turned on the chat mode (to hide join, part and quit messages)
  • The snooper will remember the volume you set

I also attached an image ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:51 PM by Tomi »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 02:18 PM »
Great Snooper 1.4.5:

• No beep sound will be played when the snooper starts. (Was a bug in v1.4.4)
  • Awaymanager is fixed
  • You can use filter and sorting for Info column too.
  • Sorting bug is fixed (new players were not sorted properly when you set sorting by country or by rank)
  • Reconnecting bug is fixed (Snooper may crashed after reconnecting)
  • Auto updater may work for the next updates.. but you need to use Updater2.exe to update the snooper right now :/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:22 PM by Tomi »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 05:20 PM »
Great Snooper 1.4.6:

• You can't edit information field anymore, sorry. (Requested by CyberShadow)

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 08:16 AM »
Hey Tomi.... is it possible to make this so you can DL it on android??

a snooper app?

would be cool to have snooper on my cell phone. thnx.

also: I did download today, but how do I update to newest version?? or If I have downloaded recent, it will be the newest version??

and, its just a petty thing, but I am not a big fan of the icon.. wish it was nicer ;p
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:19 AM by avirex »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33 PM »
also: I did download today, but how do I update to newest version?? or If I have downloaded recent, it will be the newest version??

If you have already installed a previous version then you can update it to the newest version these ways:

- Close the snooper and go to the installation directory (usually Program Files (+-(x86)) / Great Snooper) and run Updater2.exe or Updater.exe if it is really old version :D
- Or download the portable version of the snooper and extract it to the installation directory (overwrite the files)
- Or delete the snooper completely and install it again using the installer

The portable version and the installer which you can download from tus is always the newest version. If the snooper doesn't show up a message when you start it that there is a new version then it is updated already.

and, its just a petty thing, but I am not a big fan of the icon.. wish it was nicer ;p

Well this is the best I could do xD I remember that I failed in drawing in the high school at the first half of the year xD (and when I not failed then I passed it with the worst note which is not fail xD) What I'd like to say is I am really bad in designing and drawing so I can't make better :/

Hey Tomi.... is it possible to make this so you can DL it on android??

a snooper app?

would be cool to have snooper on my cell phone. thnx.

Maybe I will try it somewhen (ZexorZ told me an app that could translate the code of the snooper to android) but not these days.. coz I started another stupid project: I started to repaint my room using the help of youtube xDD So from now on "please, think of me as a painter not a programmer" :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:38 PM by Tomi »

Offline goom

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 06:28 AM »
hey Tomi, just thought I'm mention a bug with your program that I've been able to replicate over and over again.
1. minimize great snooper via
2. in the taskbar, right click 'Great Snooper' and click 'close window'

expected result - great snooper closes to tray (and can be brought back by clicking notification icon)
actual result - great snooper becomes unresponsive and/or crashes

can anybody else replicate this behavior? i'm using windows 7
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:32 AM by goom »

Offline avirex

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 05:16 PM »
dont think i have had this problem...

Tomi: is there any option to close snooper when a game starts?? i see an option to minimize when game starts, i would like to close.. dont like ppl PM'ing me.. and, just dont want added programs running that could possibly cause lag..   a lot of times i will just minimize w:a to log off snooper, but thats a bit annoying.... no big rush, but if you do a future update, maybe you can add this? thank you! <3

Offline Tomi

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 05:53 PM »
Hi goom!

I can not reproduce your problem. Do you use the latest version? (1.4.6 in Settings / About)

Avi: right click on the game you want to join and choose join and close snooper ;) (Actually the snooper will be closed when the game really starts)

Offline StepS

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 09:03 PM »
Tomi: goom is using a classic skin. So his right-click menu is probably different from yours. Shift+RightClick the taskbar icon to open the regular menu and close (and that option generates a different window message).
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]