Forums > Files

Great Snooper | 3rd chapter

(1/60) > >>

Tomi:
Welcome to the Great Snooper topic!

You are at the right place if you need information about Great Snooper!
You can also report errors here and don't be shy to share your suggestions if you have any!

Important links

* Download Great Snooper
* Information About Great Snooper
* GitHub repositoryThere are both installer and portable version of the snooper!
Using the second link you can read about all the features of Great Snooper!
At GitHub you can see the source code of the application.

The 3rd chapter

What was changed in the new version? Well actually everything!
The code of the snooper got fully reviewed and reorganized. It also got a new design and some new features too!

Let's see the new things point by point:

Design

The design of the snooper is smoother than ever! It was made by using a common framework, the Metro.

Screenshot of the main window

Ranks

Well, you could see at the previous screenshots that ranks are here! You can choose rank and the snooper
will display the rank of other players too. Furthermore for users who have logged in with TUS secure login feature their TUS rank will be displayed.

Instant coloring

If you visited the Screenshot of the main window then you could see that the messages of the users have different colors.
With this feature you can see the messages of the user(s) you are chatting with much easier!
All you need to do is hover your mouse over a message of a player, press right click and choose a color! ;)

Other changes

* Fixed cyrill character support
* Removed join and part messages from private chat tabs. Using tab header coloring instead. More info @F.A.Q. 3rd question
* You can filter for more criterias in the filter using comma (,) as separator. More info @F.A.Q. 4th question
* Removed double click on the tab header feature to close a private chat tab. You can use middle click instead.

* The snooper can close itself after you joined a game.
* News section got renewed. It was removed from the right bottom corner. It will be opened in a separated window
when there are any important news. (Or you can open it with the "/news" command)
* The snooper was released on GitHub, so you can see its source code!
* Added some shortcut keys:
* Alt + Left: switch tab
* Alt + Right: switch tab
* CRTL + W: close a private chat tab
* CTRL + F: focus the filter
* Right and Left arrow in the News section to switch news
* The snooper may delete logs older than 30 days. You can enable this feature in the Settings.

Some thoughts

If you have downloaded once the first version of this snooper and it wasn't
working on your computer then you can try it again, this will work! ;)
There were a lot of changes made since that version. I think it really deserves a try!

ToOMiToO

Triad:
Awesome work Tomi! I'll give it a try tomorrow.

skOrpuz:
damn! its very nice!!! I love it :D

edit: I cant close the chat with 2 clicks :( and there was a time i used the right button (mouse) to close the chat and it closed channels (all channels) then the snooper crashed! lol

Kaleu:
Using it, confortable design,  did not find any bug yet.
Gj.

Sophira:
Is there any way to stop it from deleting logs older than 30 days? I like to keep my logs...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version