Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:59 AM

Author Topic: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter  (Read 35323 times)

Offline Tomtysti

Re: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2017, 06:58 PM »
This has been my favorite snooper for years, sadly it doesn't work for me anymore. I started it for the first time in about a year and tried to hop in a game, but the game screen that pops up is just black. No sound, only the loading icon Windows cursor, game hangs. Tried starting the game normally without the snooper, no problems there. I also updated the snooper to the newest version, didn't fix it. Also tried reinstalling and rebooting, but nope. I'm using Windows 10 and I believe it worked without problems last summer and I'm pretty sure I was using this crappy Windows 10 already back then. I'm using the latest drivers for my GTX 660. No problems with other games either. Running the latest version of the game. Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Edit: Changed graphics API to DirectDraw (32bit) and now the Snooper works normally, but I want to run it with Direct3d 9 (shader) instead since with it the game runs much more smoothly  :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:00 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2017, 07:25 PM »
by the way to be sure that this is a problem with great snooper you can test with another snooper. usually they use the same methods and parameters to do their job, so if both snoopers fail then it is most likely a bug of the game (a graphics bug maybe) and if the other snooper works, then gs spoils something.

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2017, 07:43 PM »
by the way to be sure that this is a problem with great snooper you can test with another snooper. usually they use the same methods and parameters to do their job, so if both snoopers fail then it is most likely a bug of the game (a graphics bug maybe) and if the other snooper works, then gs spoils something.
Thanks! I should've tried that earlier... Same problem with Web Snooper so it's not a problem in your program. I will try an older Nvidia driver.

Edit: Older drivers didn't work but I tried running my Steam version of the game and it's working perfectly. I guess I'll start using it!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:22 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2017, 12:01 AM »
Tomtysti, you're on the Creators update of Windows 10, right?  that might be the problem https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/creators-update-messed-something-up-30981/
if you're able to revert it, I'd suggest you do it, idk how is it done though
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Tomi

« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2017, 10:51 AM »
Apparently, there is no notification sound when someone from your buddy's list hosts game on WormNET. I tried to check around settings, but couldn't find it too. It's a nice little add, so if you're planning to do more upgrades, Tomi - maybe put that one too!?

Thx.
He can add names to the notificator (in hoster names) and then it will notify him when somebody from the list hosts a game.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2017, 01:12 PM »
hey Tomi, would you consider implementing a right click option that performs /url? 'Copy game URL'

Honestly the last development version of the snooper is f@#!ed up so badly that I need to find a very calmed state of my life to fix the problems and to be able to continue the development.

sorry to hear.

Why would you need this feature? I mean you want to generate a wa:// link similarly to the /url command in the game lobby or do you need the address of the game for direct ip connection maybe?

Also I can't use WormNAT2 via GS it shows my game on WormNet but only for a few seconds and disappears or not appears at all. I turned off 'Force IP' and looks like it's the same if I use or not 'Using WormNAT2?' in GS I just can't host whatever I do BUT if I try to host with WNAT2 just in-game without GS it works.  ???
I will try to add force ip feature, however I don't know if it is possible ;)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2017, 08:18 PM »
Is it possible to host W:A steam version via Great Snooper and if it is why I can't do it?

Also, any chance of reopening game that's been hosted via GS?
I know it couldn't be done before.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2017, 11:41 PM »
Is it possible to host W:A steam version via Great Snooper and if it is why I can't do it?
shouldn't have any problems

Also, any chance of reopening game that's been hosted via GS?
https://worms2d.info/WkRehost
doesn't support WormNAT2 though
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2017, 01:17 PM »
Well, there is a problem. Otherwise I wouldn't post here :)

Thx for the module, I use direct IP for a few days now, so it should come in handy. Altough, need to find a fix for snooper hosting. Will try to get earlier version. I remember GS 1.49 worked like a charm.

EDIT: can't remember did 1.49 even had option for hosting? Anyway, if someone have older snooper versions, please send me files.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:45 PM by Sensei »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2017, 05:31 PM »
what's the sympton? does the game start but the host doesn't appear? can you describe the problem a lil bit more detail?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2017, 05:35 PM »
what's the sympton? does the game start but the host doesn't appear? can you describe the problem a lil bit more detail?

Game starts only for me. It gets immediately removed from #ag.
I tried everything. Checking/unchecking Wnat2 while hosting. Forcing direct IP in W:A settings..
Xan sent me 1.5 version of GS, didn't work either (if it was even possible with that one).

Now I'm on Wheat Snooper. It's working here without problems.
Tho I would rather get back to GS. Can you please send me few older versions so I can check them through?

Offline Tomi

« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2017, 05:30 AM »
GS checks if the game is already started by looking for the game window (which is different than the lobby window) and it also closes the game when the lobby window is closed. My first thought is that this logic is corrupted somehow which means that it can't find the lobby window, because it might have a different name.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) this logic can't be turned off right now. Turning off this logic would mean that all games hosted by the snooper would remain in the game list until they reach a timeout and not until it has been started.

I will think about this a little more, but i guess an older version of GS wouldn't solve this, because this logic is implemented from the very beginning.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Hi! Sup? Yesterday I wanted to post here a nice message, but accidentally I closed the browser and it all went to the happy hunting ground. But let's try again.

So there is that W:A 3.8 thread and the idea of releasing a new version even if it's unfinished. Well I will definetely do that now to Great Snooper, since I can see that I will probably never be able to release a stable version with all the requested features and those things. So here is a version that has all the development of the last 2(?) years: many bug fixes, some new features, but some still missing and there is at least one which is not complete at all, but looks good. :)

Ah shit I've writted such a good post and look at this.. anyway let's continue:

Here is a not complete changelog: (since the development of this was not that professional)

• [feature] force ip and port when hosting (specify it in Settings / Network)
  • [fix] message highlights, links
  • [fix] https requests for TUS API
  • [fix] notificator fix
  • [feature] channel history (right click on channel name and choose show history or press ctrl+h)
  • [feature] away shortkey (ctrl+shift+a)
  • [feature] 2nd tab control (right click on channel and send to other tab). This feature isn't finished, there might be bugs or strange behaviours. I am not sure which is the selected channel when there are more ^^
  • [blabla] lot of code reviews and reorganizations

There might be more fixes, even features I can't remember :) If you find one, please post it here! ;)

But remember that this version is released from the development as it was, so there might be bugs. That's why I don't release it "officially", only post a link here. The minor bugs I will fix here. Consider yourself as a tester if you try this version.

There is no installer, just extract the files and run Great Snooper.exe. You can overwrite the files of the previous version, but I suggest you to create a backup first.

ps.
On my machine Avast told me that it has IDP.Generic (whatever it is). I told avast then "take a step back and literally f@#! your own face". I mean if this happens then you should add the folder where you extracted the app to the exceptions of the antivirus. If you don't trust me then check the source code or don't use this. Sry but I am not in the mood to investigate why avast is stupid.

Finally the most important thing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtystfal0j9y1mc/Great%20Snooper%202_2_2%20-%20Portable.zip?dl=1

Have a nice evening
Tomi

Offline Sensei

« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Hi! Sup? Yesterday I wanted to post here a nice message, but accidentally I clos;ed the browser

Lol, need to comment on this. Yesterday I wanted to write here and ask if you're alive. Smth came up and forgot about it.

Anyway. Thx a bunch man. +1
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:48 PM by Sensei »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2018, 02:59 AM »

- my message color settings

- why do the standard colors show up at times?

- tried to change a color

* errorlog.txt (15.67 kB - downloaded 31 times.)

and once upon unminimization the chat went like this, displaying only one message at a time