Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:15 AM

Author Topic: Great Snooper | Support & Feedbacks | 2nd chapter  (Read 12279 times)

Offline Triad

Re: Great Snooper | Support & Feedbacks
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2014, 11:05 AM »
Okay. :D

Btw got these errors when snooper was running. And half of them occured after pm messages before i read em.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Hi all!

I am working on the new version of the snooper, but it needs some weeks to be done. But I am thinking about uploading here a test version, so you could test and find bugs before I would release the "stable" version.

It would be also cool for who are already using the previous version, because in the test version a lot of bugs have been patched. But there are also some (new) features, which don't work right now, but at least you could see how they are planed to work.

This whole thing could be done when I finish the auto-updater feature. Then the program could update itself automatically, when a newer version is released, so if everything works well, then you won't have to uninstall the test version of the program, because it will automatically update itself to the stable version.

Do anyone interested in this thing? :D

Offline StepS

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2014, 05:52 PM »
Hi, why was the file deleted? Someone needs to download the snooper, but I'm afraid I don't have the latest release here...
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Tomi

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2014, 06:38 PM »
It had a bug, and I didn't want people to download that release :/

Offline Tomi

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2014, 12:28 PM »
Hi!

Do anyone know a free web hosting service, which is not extremely slow? I would need to store some files there (news images, some setting for the snnoper and the files to update the snooper) to use them with Great Snooper.

Since now I was using 000webhost, but it removed the "site", because there weren't 10 visitors per months (and there were no website at all :D).

By the way the best would be is someone who has a server could offer about 10 megabytes for this project. Right now I can't afford a server.

Unfortunately those 2 or 3 people who uses the snooper will get now an error message at every startup :/

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2014, 12:40 PM »
I hope someone helps you out,  I was really looking forward to using this snooper

Offline Tomi

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2014, 01:24 PM »
Probably I can solve it with google drive ;) However it's kinda slow. You need to wait about 1-2 seconds until it starts to send the file. But it's world-wide service.

Do anyone know any other disadvantages? I hope they won't delete my files one day.. :D

Hmm probably DropBox is faster :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:41 PM by Tomi »

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2014, 01:50 PM »
Probably I can solve it with google drive ;) However it's kinda slow. You need to wait about 1-2 seconds until it starts to send the file. But it's world-wide service.

Do anyone know any other disadvantages? I hope they won't delete my files one day.. :D

MEGA.CO.NZ ;)
Way faster than Dropbox and Google Drive toghether ;)
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Tomi

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2014, 02:38 PM »
Ah it looks nice, but it doesn't support direct links to the files, so I can't use it with the program :/

Offline Tomi

Re: Great Snooper | Support & Feedbacks | 2nd chapter
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13 PM »
okay there it is!!!!!!!!!! You can download it by clicking the link in my signature ;)

Offline StepS

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2014, 09:12 PM »
don't trust dropbox. If someone downloads about 10 GB of traffic from it within a day (it's easy to abuse), all your links will become invalid for 3 days, and possibly even forever (this bug had happened to me once I posted some file mirrors on a famous forum; I know I could contact them but I won't be bothered about doing that). This is the worst problem of the cloud storage services today, and it clearly shows how much of the information you store there you keep for your own, personal use.
I have about 20GB free on the websites I have, so I could upload it to there.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Tomi

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2014, 09:55 PM »
don't trust dropbox. If someone downloads about 10 GB of traffic from it within a day (it's easy to abuse), all your links will become invalid for 3 days, and possibly even forever (this bug had happened to me once I posted some file mirrors on a famous forum; I know I could contact them but I won't be bothered about doing that). This is the worst problem of the cloud storage services today, and it clearly shows how much of the information you store there you keep for your own, personal use.
I have about 20GB free on the websites I have, so I could upload it to there.
That would be cool man!
Right now I don't have any fear that I will abuse 10GB traffic, but other big problem is that it's 100 times slower than a simple webserver.

Offline Triad

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2014, 11:09 AM »
errorlog:
* errorlog.txt (0.3 kB - downloaded 126 times.)

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2014, 09:15 AM »
I liked all in it, using it from now. But I can't understand why it eats 86mb~ of operating memory, as in WheatSnooper. Are they both using .NET environment?

Offline Tomi

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2014, 09:34 AM »
No, wheat uses QT framework, which isn't that heavy that .Net. However it's not really .Net what uses so much memory, but its WPF layout, which is the new way that Microsoft made for application layouts. I was searching a lot about how to reduce memory using, but I haven't found any solution for that yet. However I think it's system dependent.. I mean if you have memory enough, then it will use more.

And btw, it's interesting, but when you send the application to the tray, then it will use much less memory.