Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:30 PM

Author Topic: wkWater - An open source WormKit module that reveals the bottom of the map  (Read 3660 times)

Offline HHC

I consider it cheating. But at the same time, this should be perhaps an official feature that can be turned off/on in scheme options, cause in some schemes it's indeed an improvement.

Offline Sensei

This should be perhaps an official feature that can be turned off/on in scheme options

This.

If you can pick between 1 or 3 waves, why not implement zero waves as an option!? :/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 05:42 PM by Sensei »

Offline aik

Any reason it should be considered as cheat? Except little help in roper games where you actually can see what weapon is selected? I never do ropers, but when i do - at least 1 selff@#! per game is guaranteed, cause wave is trolling.

<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline aik

Now I'd love to see other WKs beeing made to "minimize" W:A's graphics further:
-no bubbles
-no background on destroyed soil for smaller explosions, too (without messing with colorlimitations of map to achieve it)
-"burned" soil solid grey (or adjustable - dito no messing with color limitation)

I'd even love to see W:A that minmal - even no sprites, just boundingboxes and/or plain

*) of cource for casual play only ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:02 PM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline Kaleu

Any reason it should be considered as cheat? Except little help in roper games where you actually can see what weapon is selected? I never do ropers, but when i do - at least 1 selff@#! per game is guaranteed, cause wave is trolling.

Just remember your last used weapon and you are fine, land mine always bring you ninja rope in the next turn, others don't.

Any reason it should be considered as cheat?

1. Using underwater weaps in T17 will be an easier task now.
2. This might sound silly reason but sometimes you get f*cked by hidden land mines near water, many times it happened to me and others teleporting in hyst and get caught by those sneaky bastards, I think it's part of the game to bring some extra surprises.  :D

Disclaimer: I don't think it will make someone improve anyway, I encourage the distribuition although I was just mentioning more reasons to you. This is up to MI, not me.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline goom

This might be considered as cheat, I hope they don't, nice module.

I'd consider it an an unfair advantage against those playing without it, especially if it is undetectable.