Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:36 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon High Quality Music Pack  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Infomaniac95

Worms Armageddon High Quality Music Pack
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:32 PM »
DISCLAIMER: All music files here are ripped from the console version's of Worms Armageddon, and are not ripped from the composer's Bandcamp. Please support the official release of the music, which can be found here: https://drawesome.bandcamp.com/album/worms-armageddon-original-game-soundtrack
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The High Quality Music Pack aims to take all of the music from Worms Armageddon, and replace it with high quality versions, found from the console versions of the game. Compared to the PC version original audio files, I find these high quality files to be a good upgrade over the original files, and are quite nice if you are playing with headphones on.

Various sources were used to make this mod possible, including the following:

Worms Armageddon (Dreamcast): Contained the majority of the music , except for 2 tracks.

Worms World Party (Dreamcast): Contained suddendeath1-loop, a track that was missing on the Dreamcast version of Armageddon.

Worms Armageddon (PS1): Contained the stats music
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make this pack possible, the following tools were used in making it:

GDIExplorer: To view the GDI dumps of the Dreamcast Worms games, and rip the audio from their GD Audio Tracks.

JPSXDec: Used for ripping the PS1 music to WAV.

Audacity: To split the music files of Worms Armageddon (Dreamcast), since the music was clumped together in one long stream of audio.

You may download the pack from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IXKgGN-dIJZ4y8Yx4DvMwWuH9wMDJ4u7/view?usp=sharing

Be sure to read the read me in the archive, as it has instructions on how to install the pack.

Thank you for reading all of this, and I hope you enjoy the pack.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 11:08 PM by Infomaniac95 »

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
Re: Worms Armageddon High Quality Music Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:15 PM »
Oh, and, incase you wonder, I am aware that ingame-09-hell cuts off a tiny bit at the end. It was like this in both Dreamcast games, so perhaps this is another track that could be sourced from the soundtrack on Bjørn Lynne's website.
The PS1 Version has the whole ngame-09-hell and is in HQ.

Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Infomaniac95

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:45 PM »
I am aware of this, and may perhaps splice that small bit into the Dreamcast Track, as the Dreamcast track is overall higher quality, but the ps1 does indeed have that one tiny bit at the end that is oddly cut out of the Dreamcast track.

Offline maaR

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:52 PM »

Offline Infomaniac95

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 11:16 PM »
The link to the pack has finally been fixed, and the pack has been slightly updated since the time it was last up!

Check out the post for the latest download link.

Offline mysoft

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 08:30 PM »
ooooh NICE! this will work very nice... specially with my ogg wormkit module, so that on PC version you can have those converted to .ogg instead of raw PCM .wav :)

THANK YOU :D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 08:32 PM by mysoft »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 08:39 PM »
isn't ogg lossy tho?

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 11:50 PM »
It's significantly less lossy than MP3.

Offline N7Kopper

• United Kingdom United Kingdom
  • Find me on Xbox Live and Steam too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 10:13 PM »
It's significantly less lossy than MP3.
He speaks truth. FLAC support would be nice, given that this is aimed at audiophiles anyway. (Good for team soundfonts too.)
Political statements written like/this deserve respect only when they are written as parody.