Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:44 PM

Author Topic: Worms MC: an all-round Worms movie creator  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

Worms MC: an all-round Worms movie creator
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:29 AM »
Heya. How about making a movie maker for all Worms generations? Not for just your sticky 2nd Generation, but for 1st, 3rd, 4th, etc. This movie maker is titled Worms MC (Worms Movie Creator) The details are, as always, below:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Have you ever wondered, what would happen, if Worms could create their own movie sheets easilly with their own cinema machine? Now you can get the answer. Worms MC will allow you to create Worms animations and movies without using any 3rd party software (Adobe Animate, Macromedia Flash) for free. It will have many features including, but not limited to: Multiple design themes (Reloaded, WMD, W4M, etc), DLC theme support, custom music and sound uploading, greater and more user-friendly GUI, advanced and friendly act scripting, and more). I'll explain everything about the structure of Worms MC step by step. So, let's begin:

1. Sprites and objects:
Nobody can't make an animation by using just pictures and not animated objects. The sprites are used in the objects, which are used in the animation. The sprites in Worms MC are stored in the .spr files, which are loaded when such a command is called. Examples of the sprite files: WormWMD.spr (Worms WMD Worm object sprite sheet), DrumReloaded.spr (Reloaded Oil Drum object sprite sheet), WCrateArmageddon.spr (Armageddon's Weapon Crate sprite sheet, BazookaW4M.spr (Bazooka Worms 4 Mayhem icon), etc. In order to load a sprite into the animation, the user has to create an object and load the wanted .spr file into it. Any object can have multiple sprite sheets used. Also, any object can use only the sprite sheets of its kind (for example, a Worm object can't use the Oil Drum sprite sheets.

2. Sounds:
Just like the sprites, the sounds in Worms MC are stored in unique files. For sounds, the file extension is .sndb. Examples of the sound files in Worms MC include: WMDSpeech.sndb (the speech used in Worms WMD), ArmageddonSFX.sndb (Worms Armageddon in-game sound effects), ReloadedSFX-FE.sndb (Reloaded frontend sound effects), etc. Also, like the sprites, the sounds can be used on diffrent objects, even these, which feature a sprite sheet, which isn't used in their respective games.

3. Dimensions:
The user can choose beetween the 2D, 2.5D and 3D dimensions. While this offers an unstoppable level of customization, don't get so unlimited about it. The 2D and 2.5D dimensions are cross-supporting beetween each other, while the 3D dimension can only support 3D sprites. Each dimension generates a random map of its kind once selected, and you can change it or upload the preset maps for this dimension easilly by using the Random Shift and Upload Custom command respectively. The 2.5D and 3D dimensions also support weather and day time, while the 2D dimension mostly focuses on cartoonish drop effects (as you have noticed while playing Worms Armageddon or any other 2D-dimensional game in the Worms series.

4. Scripting:
The Worms MC movie creator also offers advanced and friendly scripting, as opposed to its origin (Scratch). With Worms MC you can make any object do something unti something else is applied. An example of this action is like this: Action for object: *walk*, move: *20*, action for object *idle*. Each object has its own script set. For example, a Worm object has this script set: move *valve*, turn *direction* *valve*, tele x *valve*, tele y *valve*, action for object *valve* use item *inv valve*, item check *valve (if ommited, all items are checked)*, equip item *inv valve*, pick item *check type* *valve*, and so on.

5. Themes:
Not to be confused with Map Themes in the Worms games. The themes in Worms MC are stored in unique files, just like any other applicable stuff in Worms MC. The extension of the themes is .thm. Examples of the .thm files are: Armageddon.thm (the Worms Armageddon theme), WMD.thm (the Worms WMD theme), Revolution.thm (the Worms Revolution theme). Unlike separate stuff files (.spr and .sndb), the theme files come with a lock (you can't apply a sprite or a sound from Worms Revolution if you are using the Worms WMD theme, for example).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope you'll make this tool for Worms movie making. (you remember the deal, right? I concept, you do). I'll see in the future, will you wake up from the Software sleeping and resume making it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:32 AM by Shadow-The-Worm »
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline nino

Re: Worms MC: an all-round Worms movie creator
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:45 PM »
again dude again?  :( :( :(

PORRRAAAAAAA

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:45 PM »
At least this is somehow possible yet unneeded.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 06:58 AM »
At least this is somehow possible yet unneeded.
YOU AGAIN?! Why would you follow me everywhere, no matter, what I post?! Including my story builds, Worms Unlimited ideas and other ideas. Get off my sight, "Flash Alt Hater and Pn' Bully". You always try to knock me down into the pit, yet you get followed and (NOT) seriously taken).
again dude again?  :( :( :(

PORRRAAAAAAA
Really? You are still hooking to me, just like this magnethead TheCrazedGuy?! I was about to ask you the same question.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:43 AM by Shadow-The-Worm »
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.

Offline nino

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 10:34 AM »
your ideas just dont go ahead, they are like mummies, just dont move ae.

porrraaaaa

so ye i undestand your good intention but, nevermind all this dude, and go play and have fun aeee
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 05:57 AM »
your ideas just dont go ahead, they are like mummies, just dont move ae.

porrraaaaa

so ye i undestand your good intention but, nevermind all this dude, and go play and have fun aeee
Where's the point of all this? WHY WON'T YOU RESUME THE SOFTWARE MAKING? Take Annelid, for example, or StepS. They made some Worms 2nd Generation software, but you are just sleeping and drinking your coffee. What a drop in everything. It's not about just WormNET anymore, it's about the modern recruts as well.

Offline sock

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 11:58 AM »
(you remember the deal, right? I concept, you do).

That never works

Are you saying an idea that someone had in the past, which the majority of people agreed with or liked, never took action?

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:18 PM »
(you remember the deal, right? I concept, you do).
Because most of the time people realize how stupid that idea is...

That never works

Are you saying an idea that someone had in the past, which the majority of people agreed with or liked, never took action?

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Pretty much every time someone has an idea, he/she either makes it happen him/herself or it doesn't happen. Just my experience in general.

I mean, you could ask someone specifically to help you with something and that would work, but if you go "someone please do this", nope.

Offline sock

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Ya, i just wanted to encourage him that there is help out there if he has idea and plan he can put in place.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Why would I create software even without any programming skills? And you just say "DO IT YOURSELF OR GET OUT". Aren't you remembering the fact, how the tradition of software making was born? I have no skills other than Worms build making now, that's all, YOU HEAR?! Do it yourself instead. You are just puppet playing with me as a puppet. If I have no programming skills other than basic story build making, THE JOB IS YOURS, NOT MINE. >:(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:17 AM by Shadow-The-Worm »

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile

Offline sock

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 08:37 PM »
Why would I create software even without any programming skills? And you just say "DO IT YOURSELF OR GET OUT". Aren't you remembering the fact, how the tradition of software making was born? I have no skills other than Worms build making now, that's all, YOU HEAR?! Do it yourself instead. You are just puppet playing with me as a puppet. If I have no programming skills other than basic story build making, THE JOB IS YOURS, NOT MINE. >:(
Calling people puppets and telling them its YOUR JOB in caps lock isn't going to make anyone want to help you dude.