Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:26 PM

Author Topic: ** PC Game Reviews **  (Read 8255 times)

Offline HHC

Re: ** PC Game Reviews **
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 09:40 AM »
It's a 3 day game Spider. Pick it up at steam when there's a special deal. (put it on your wish list, you're notified I think when the game drops in price).

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 05:06 AM »
DARK SOULS

nuff sayd #end

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 05:11 AM »
toxic lets play LoL
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 01:38 PM »
I'm installing deus ex human revolution
Did you ever play it? I played it myself about half a year ago, and I can tell you that it is a game of the highest quality, definitely matching up to the original DX.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 02:04 PM »
this topic is the answer of all inactivity at worms. Never beilieve someone who tell u "omg i stopped play worms coz i am so busy i have now child wife new job.." bullshit..  In the moment they say it, they are actually playing LoL or other bullshit game, they are justr traitor of worms and deserve to ban  :-*

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 05:37 PM »
they are actually playing LoL or other bullshit game

Yeah, I don't even see why those games are SO good, they are ok, but cmon... WA is soooo much better!

Offline HHC

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 05:04 PM »
bump  :)

While Skunk3 is out recommending games, i'll plug one too. It's a game I've been playing a lot recently, but now that I have gold on every level I'll probably put it aside for a while again.

It's called Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

Basically, this is an improved version of the old Destruction Derby series. It's a race game, but one built around bashing and smashing cars and maps alike  ;D

What's so great about the game is the game mechanics. In the normal race mode you drive against 11 other cars, who gets to the finish first wins. But, not only is there a lot on the map that can be destroyed (you can even drive through entire shops :)), but crashing into opponents is actually rewarded. Every time you score a hit you earn nitro, the bigger the smash the more nitro you gain. Then you activate the nitro to give your car a boost.

The balance is so that you can choose between being a really agressive drivers, using mostly boosts to move up the field, or being a HHC-like driver and just drive safely with a nice pace. Real pro's however will carefully pick their crashes (not crash when it might hold them up) and use the map's jumps to gain nitro that can be used to set even faster lap times. It works great.

Aside from that, there's an additional mode with all kind of mini-games. Not only are there traditional arena-style derby's (which too work great cause you hardly get dmg when you use the front to knock into someone, AND because there are power ups appearing in the arena, like extra mass, x2 score or repair), but there's also the well-known 8-way tracks, indycar loops, time trials and crazy minigames like darts, curling, stone skipping and more, where you launch your driver with a particular angle to fling him far away into a scoreboard. It's all perfectly thought-out, and it's also from 2008, so run-able on every comp, while still having decent enough graphics.

edit: vid is from flatout2, which is actually the same game, but with less content and not as good graphs.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12360/
Standard price is 19 euro  :( Bought it myself on sale for not more than 4 I'm sure  ;D

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:09 PM by HHC »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 05:15 PM »
Great review HHC, i'd have loved this about 10 years ago :D

Just not really into racing much anymore, unless it's Gran Turismo :p

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 05:15 PM »
Its true, FlatOut2 was a great game, with good graphics, mechanics, soundtrack and pretty low requirements to the hardware. And ofk, best part of it - Canyon, clumsily hidden Dodge RAM SRT 10  :D :-*

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:21 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline HHC

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2019, 01:20 PM »
I just wanna say that the Definitive edition of AoEII is f*ing majestic.

I'm currently re-playing the campaigns I had finished on the old version.. but ahh it feels like an entirely new adventure. Every little detail is just that little bit better. Everything looks better, everything plays better.. and there's that enormous amount of STUFF.. so many civilizations, so much map eye-candy, so many unique units that all look so much better... ahhh it's eye-gasm..
And farms that auto refresh, that too. Yay.

:-*

Gj Steps. You can see this game was made by people who love this game. People who don't go for crazy new visions of turning this into 2.5d or 3d or whatever (like T17 :D), but just the focus on making every detail of this already best-ever-RTS game just a tiny bit better. It's an absolute delight to play. Well done.
It's like AoE II 4.0  :D