Forums
April 23, 2024, 10:05 PM

Author Topic: ** Sony Game Reviews **  (Read 13442 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: ** PS3 Game Reviews - By W:A Gamers **
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 05:04 PM »
avi, this is PS3 thread, that's why I deleted your post, it had nothing to do with this thread.

Offline rU`

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Hackers invaded -Sony- PS3 System and stole all database.

hahahaha GG ALL !!!!!!

link in portuguese - for who wanna know

http://g1.globo.com/tecnologia/noticia/2011/04/sony-pode-enfrentar-processos-mundiais-por-roubo-de-dados-da-psn.html

PSN OUTAGE
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 03:23 AM by Leroy »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 12:13 AM »
Leroy it's true though, i've been following it on official blogs and official PS press release and other stuff for the last 8-9 days.

PSN got hacked, they took it down so they could protect it as much as possible, and upgrade their servers.

But the more I read about this hacker group, and stuff about Sony, the more I actually agree with what the hackers are doing.

I spent 9 solid hours following link by link stuff about this group Anonymous, and although most of what they do just seems egotistical, I actually respect some of the stuff they have done, they have SOME sense.

Although they have a war with Sony, I am dissapointed they are putting out somewhat claim to what went down, although not 100% admitting blame, they DO have a part to play in all this crap.

Hack Sony staff all they want, but when they start messing up other peoples enjoyment that's f@#!ed up, I bought my PS3 specifically in time to play it on my holiday with my mate IRL who is #2 officially on CoD:BO, I got 2 days worth, then got a massive "FU" when I tried to join again.

I am not worried that much however cuz I have a PC lol, but I can understand alot of these PSN addicts frustration because that would be like me going without internet altogether for 2 weeks...

But whatever, at least in the longrun, PSN will come out stronger with better security, and I am f@#!ing glad I didn't put credit card details etc on there like some people did.

I received an official email from Sony about what went down, I am sure you would have received it also? If not get in touch and I will share with you the details in there.

Offline rU`

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 01:04 AM »
and stole all database.
well, this is what I was refering to :)
It's not certainly like all the database was stolen, some accounts have been compromised.
I've cancelled my cc, better safe than sorry ;) I'll only use pre-paid credit cards for net purchases if i'll have to...

I think so too, PSN will become stronger. XboxLive went offline for 3 weeks about 2 years ago and they built a better and stronger network.

Apart from this I wasn't too worried neither cause I enjoyed the easter a lot, but hell it's been more than a week and of course I miss some online gaming, hehe

I haven't got COD:BO yet but I'll order it once PSN comes back. Lots of friends got it aswell. Lol your mate is #2 overall or what? o0 well I never had a COD game but I'll own you anyway ;D I aim better with the analog joysticks, like a mouse on PC :P

I also received that e-mail, all 77million accounts did!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 01:16 AM »
Lol I was like #1 Sniper on BF2 - Dragon Valley map, I was that good I beat hackers with aimbot cuz I stayed in crouch, popped up shot and back down within 0.5s cuz I had their aim already for the popup.

If I had a mouse and keyboard I'd f@#!ing own BO, my mate even said he was impressed how good I was never playing PS3 before coming on and going 18-31 against one of the best players in the world.

But, imo I suck, cuz I lost lol, yet, I done good enough, and had such a f@#!ing laugh on the headset I got hooked, I don't plan on getting addicted like BnG on WA, I just love the fun there with my mate :)

Offline rU`

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 01:30 AM »
Hehe that's kewl amigo, can't wait to have a game with ya :)
Btw I had some gtaIV games with Darkmaul before the PSN went down, was fun xD

I done good enough, and had such a f@#!ing laugh on the headset I got hooked, I don't plan on getting addicted like BnG on WA, I just love the fun there with my mate :)
That's how it all started for me, I didn't plan either on getting addicted like W:A but finally ended up switching game :/ I barely played ps3 when I first bought it, took me like 6 months until I started playing less W:A, and finally became inactive :( I know you won't :P but it's always a good laugh, even more if you got a headset.

nice chatting with you, night mate :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Lmao, this guy posted this on Twitter:

"Breadmaker6: Right, this lack of PSN thing is starting to pee me right off. There are only so many conversations I can have with my wife! #PSN"

Lol man, what a classic xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 12:37 PM »
Finally bought some new games today  :)

* Baja: Edge of Control
* Tekken 6
* The Tomb Raider trilogy (Legend, Underworld, Anniversary)

Yeah, discount games.  :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 04:28 PM »
I was going to buy GT5 today but, I spent my spending money on Cider n Vodka n Pizza lol...

Offline HHC

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 03:34 PM »
lol  :)

Anyway, I gave Baja a go:

First impression: pretty decent.
The graphics are rather disappointing (CMR3-ish). The steering is quite hard. With all the little bumps and the pre-made tracks on the road your car seems willing to go its own way. You're spending most effort trying to keep your car in control. Frustrating sometimes, it does add a little excitement to the race. On the straights the cars don't go equally hard, but the car happening to be in the best track can make the most speed and overtake others. Hence cars are changing positions all the time, which is pretty fun.

What bugs me the most is probably that you can't push away other cars. In a game like this a little bickering to keep your position adds to the fun, but instead, in Baja the cars tend to get stuck into eachother and it's pretty hard to get out of it again, in the meantime you're losing speed. So yeah.. it's probably better to stay out of touch with other drivers and drive safely (which is a shame IMO).

Another downside is the lack of music or environment sounds. You hear your own engine (and that of other cars nearby), but that's it.. Combined with an environment that is almost solely desert and there's times you feel 'under-stimulated'. It's certainly not like the Baja-events in Dirt2, where the cars seem bigger, the noise louder and the action tighter.

Nevertheless, what speaks for this game is the easy set-up. You can race for fun (or do hill climbs or time trials) or play in a career with a very straight-forward system (leagues of 3 or more races mostly). Simple, but it works for me. What this game really comes down to is simple, straight-forward racing. With wide tracks (you can take shortcuts too, as long as you dont leave the track for too long a time) combined with the easiness with which you overtake other drivers who take the wrong line(s), the races are close, challenging and fun.

6.8/10 ?

for a real review read: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/bajaedgeofcontrol/review.html  :)

Yeah.. it mentions the PS3 graphics looking sloppy compared to the XBox.. This is very true. YT-vid is from XBox too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:46 PM by HHC »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 02:35 AM »
Just ordered GT5 HHC xD i'll write up a review by end of the week :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Damn, nice one Komo. I'll be interested in reading your review  ???

Offline rash

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 10:54 AM »
Finally bought some new games today  :)

* Baja: Edge of Control
* Tekken 6
* The Tomb Raider trilogy (Legend, Underworld, Anniversary)

Yeah, discount games.  :)
tekken 6 story mode really sucks...
Mortal Kombat > Tekken 6  ;)

Offline HHC

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 03:30 PM »
I've played it with my brothers avirex. Was fun yeah, though a little frustrating at time :) (OMFG YOU JUMPED ON MY HEAD SO I CULDNT JUMP SDFFSDF).

But yeah, GTFO of this thread  >:(

Btw I like the Tombraider series. The graphics and general atmosphere are a little less than in uncharted.. and the shooting is rather simple/dull (and all enemies look a like???). Anyway, the puzzles are a real challenge (they were too easy in uncharted imo) and it's quite nice to have an explorer game that isn't all about shooting, but nevertheless never ceases to capture your breath. The traps are quite monstrous.  ???

Tekken I still need to give a go.

Offline rash

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Duke Nukem Forever FTW !!