Forums
May 04, 2024, 03:17 AM

Author Topic: FIFA or PES?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Ryan

FIFA or PES?
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Loads of people into football will no doubt have bought either FIFA or PES and will no doubt prefer one to the other.

Which do you guys think is better this year?

Having played both demos I picked PES this year (played PES up to 2008 and FIFA since 2010) because I really think it's improved and it seems you have more direct control of the game, i.e. manual passing/shooting, directed and controlled "AI runs".

As much as I loved the last FIFAs I think PES has caught up (almost) and I wanted to try something different this year - the FIFA demo felt to simplistic and "automated", it required little effort to set up a move and score a screamer.

Discuss..

Offline Korydex

Re: FIFA or PES?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 12:36 PM »
del
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:46 AM by Korydex »

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 12:37 PM »
super star soccer from sega genesis :(

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 12:51 PM »
i play both ryan, always been a PES guy but since FIFA started catching up around half a decade around I've been playing both.

you're right though this year they're awfully close, the last couple of years PES has been a letdown but they're back.

both have longevity modes. the ultimate team from fifa and PES online master league

can't help you man. PES is cheaper though ;)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline SPW

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Sensible Soccer (Amiga), me and some friends played thousands of matches. We even had an own league  :D

I was around 13 then.  ::)

But bt: I always prefered PES. :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Well we have the same conclusions ropa (hey btw)

I bought PES because it was £10 cheaper and I only had the last 3 FIFAs. Also it just felt more satisfying scoring goals and creating plays on PES - corners suck though!

Haven't tried the Online Master League yet but the Master League is pretty good and similar to old PES. It's actually kinda fun scrapping through games with a rubbish team then signing better players.

When I get better I'll set up an Online Master League team.

Might get FIFA too before my time off for Christmas but pretty happy with PES so far...

Offline Maciej

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 08:27 PM »
haxball xd
And well, I still play FIFA06, and has never tried PES. So I choose FIFA.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 09:18 PM »
PES with friends is the best :D Coz in PES the defense is not like in Fifa - pressing shoot button and wait -, but you have to control your player well too. So it is easier to make moving tricks if your opponent is not pro like me xD And the players respond better (quicker) so you can make very nice attacks, like when your opponent doesn't know where the ball is and is always behind you by 1 step :D

I really like PES series! I started with PES 2006. Once a guy told me that try it.. I installed it but I didn't like it, coz I couldn't shoot any goal on professional mode (always 0-0 matches). So I continued playing fifa XY. But we used to play fifa with my friends that time and somehow we tried PES 2006, coz I didn't delete it. And after the first game we felt the difference and fifa was deleted. My favorite one is PES 2008, coz there I really managed to learn how to play with Juventus :D I liked to shoot damn big goals with Nedved there. ;D After PES 2010 I got bored with football games. Once I tried PES 2011, but it was too slow after the older ones.. was slow and boring like the Hungarian league (now it is better xD). Unfortunately I couldn't play with PES 2012, coz it said that "I won't run on your notebook vga, fu!". :/ But now I installed PES 2013 and it runs well and it's kinda good game. I think Konami did a good job now. I've shoot some damn nice goals again :D

btw since Fifa 07 I haven't tried one of the new ones. I heard that it changed a lot to be similar like PES, but I simply don't care what they are doing since PES is good enough for me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:21 PM by Tomi »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 09:31 PM »
btw nice avatar Ropa, I always watch it few times every time I see your post xd

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26 PM »
btw nice avatar Ropa, I always watch it few times every time I see your post xd

I always watch it a few times every time I post myself lol

Ryan: for corners, select a player with right joystick, make a run, cross the ball and then select another player to fool the opposition and take the ball that was meant for his teammate  :P

but yeah, haxball is the best online footie game xD

sorry to derail your thread a bit ryan but you could also like it

www.haxball.com

german and international league: http://www.your-esports.com/

spanish and international league: www.fehaxball.com

british and international league: http://haxballishungry.forumotion.co.uk/
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline CJ

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 07:03 PM »
always been a pes fan, never liked fifa, as its always been far too easy, thing with pes was up until pes 2009, infact pes 2009 itself was the PERFECT football game, had a few minor flaws but other than that was perfect, then came pes 2010, 2011 and 2012 which tbh i think they took it all a "step too far" with the powerbar on the passing etc, havent played 2013 yet though.
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline Ryan

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Bit of a bump bit I've just tried Haxball and it's very fun!  :)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 01:05 AM »
yesterday I installed FIFA 13, was going to check it, and I reinstalled it the same day, I couldn't even change control (some of keys changes automatically from ATTACK to DEFENCE and the other way). It sucks and is not acceptable! So I played my lovely... FIFA 06 :P