Forums
April 24, 2024, 11:18 AM

Author Topic: Dark Souls II interest check  (Read 8086 times)

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls II interest check
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 06:03 PM »
It's a bad port in the sense you need better hardware than you're supposed to and need third party patches to unlock the resolution and the fps.
+ Shitty controller support, non-existent kb&mouse support
+ Horrible, console graphics
+ 30fps cap
+ Barely usable console interface
+ Don't even get me started on the camera
+ windows live drm
+ I tried it right after it came out on pc so I don't think there were any 3rd party fixes available for the occasional fps drops and fked res at launch (were there?).

Note: most of those have been probably patched by now but the port itself is right there with GTAIV, saints row 2 and RE4. And no, it wasn't due to my hardware.

I really hope they won't drop the ball on the sequel port-wise because it really sounds like my kind of game.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:13 PM by van »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 09:57 AM »
+ Shitty controller support, non-existent kb&mouse support

You cannot play a game like this with a kb and mouse, just like you cannot play FIFA, PES, or NBA2k... of course you can try, but do not come crying about poor support just because the game will never be natural to those devides. I'm not sure what you mean by poor controller support since I use an Xbox controller and when I don't I use motionjoys and emulate an Xbox Controller which is fully supported by the game. What where your problems?

+ Horrible, console graphics
+ 30fps cap
+ I tried it right after it came out on pc so I don't think there were any 3rd party fixes available for the occasional fps drops and fked res at launch (were there?).

DSfix, which came out about 3 days after the game was released took care of all this.

+ Barely usable console interface

Yes, it is a console interface but it's super easy to use. Why is it barely usable? I don't think you even understand what you're talking about.
Have you ever played console games? X to accept, Circle to go back, R1 L1 to change tabs... it works flawlessly in Dark Souls. You need to use de D-Pad, can't use the Joystick, but that's because the game allows you to navigate menus and move at the same time, which is very useful since you cannot pause, and that's why it's like it is.

+ Don't even get me started on the camera

It's perfect, again, have you touched consoles?

+ windows live drm

yep

The game is still a 100% console port done very bad but completely playable in every single aspect, FormSoft only released it because the community signed a petition. The UI is not bad like in Oblivion or shit like that, it's not even close. It just takes time to learn, just like the game itself, based on the confusing amount of data and hotkeys (which again, are natural to any console gamer).

Unless you expect some sort of mouse drag and drop UI like World of Warcraft or something?  :-X

I really hope they won't drop the ball on the sequel port-wise because it really sounds like my kind of game.

You're making it more sound like you need an indepth guide for everything though and are unwilling to change habits (the UI is barely usable??¿?) so I'm not too sure.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:01 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 10:36 AM »
They developed DS for consoles, why would they spend time on a drag and drop UI when consoles can't use it. Has absolutely nothing to do with WoW, it's a PC games feature. And tbh I don't know many PC only games that don't have some sort of drag and drop in-game lol. Any inventory management on PC is best solved with a simple drag and drop system, it's natural for PC gamers to use since the OS itself uses it heavily.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 01:15 PM »
playing it now on my xbox

Offline Anubis

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Console scum!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 01:42 PM »
Console scum!

I bought the steam edition but I'm still running to the shop this Friday to get my PS3 version. To this day, multiplayer is more active and works better in PS3 than it does in PC (wtf right), not to mention that Cheat Engine and such can potentially ruin online play in a game like this (where people quickly resort to trainers due to suck)

I won't be playing D3exp Anubis, the game never got into me.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 11:19 AM »
I won't be playing D3exp Anubis, the game never got into me.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....  :'(

The game really improved with the latest patch and the expansion is pushing it even further towards awesome.

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47 PM »
just look at her face, isnt she sweet?

cost me 20 mins of work  ;D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 02:22 PM »
just look at her face, isnt she sweet?

cost me 20 mins of work  ;D
[attachment=1]

Are you really bragging about that monstrosity or reminding us for the second time that the Xbox version got leaked two weeks ago?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 02:35 PM »
you fall in love with her too?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 03:04 PM »
you fall in love with her too?

Not my type.

In your defence though she does look very eastern European so maybe your whole taste in woman is based on social presumptions and prejudice.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 12:35 PM »
dark souls, in retrospect:
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 05:42 PM »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 07:02 PM »

you're playing worms armageddon husk, what's worse, you're browsing its forums every day, what's even worse, because you eat more content than the forum offers you enter subforums and threads that do not even interest you, worst of all, you even troll in them which higlight the irony of it all: even when taking the piss you still prove to care too much and invest too much of yourself in getting whatever little social interaction from the internet to cope with the minutes of your days... my advice? do it in a constructive way

i promise i'll reevaluate you again when i care to come by again

Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 07:32 PM »
whoa, husk, you should be honored this wonderful man known as ropa, invested any time in typing that message to you.... you should print it out, and frame it.. maybe see if you can get an autograph from this legend in disguise of "Aerox"!!!

the funny part though is, everything he posted to you, could easily be said to him..  except for the playing worms part.... ropa was on forums every day for a couple of months trolling hard, and annoying the piss out of everyone (except for anubis, and maybe a couple others who found him funny)  yet he did not even play w:a...

now he is making posts as if he is better then anyone else, because he does not play, or visit forums often... i guess he is disregarding the many years, and countless hours he invested into w:a, and FirstBlood Forums and leagues, and many other leagues before that.

ropa, we all think your amazing, ok?? now you can stop trying to convince us of it.