Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:30 PM

Author Topic: Good Old PC Games?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Scrungo

• Worlds WORST Worms Player

• United States United States
  • Remember: Be rad, not sad!
    • View Profile
Good Old PC Games?
« on: October 10, 2020, 06:34 PM »
Yo, just like the title of the thread implies, does anyone know of any good old PC games?

Lately I've been playing old LucasArts point&clicks, Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle to be exact, and I've been wanting to play some more older PC games as I LOVE the aesthetic of them (and feel that they are MASSIVELY underrated)

Anyone have some games they'd like to recommend? ;D
worms is pretty cool

Offline Korydex

Re: Good Old PC Games?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 07:37 PM »
If you liked LucasArts quests check out Sierra's stuff if you haven't already. Apart of them there are some gems like Broken Sword, Discworld, The Last Express etc.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 08:01 PM »
Oh, there are so many amazing old games, unfortunately a lot of them don't work without major compatibility issues on newer machines/operating systems/drivers.

The old Mechwarrior games are a fantastic example, fortunately some clever and passionate people made it possibly to play on newer machines, but it's never straight forward to get them working.

I find a lot of great games from the 90s and early 00s tend to have these issues, games that were released around Win95 and Win98 ERA.

I've been trying to scope a genuine machine from that era in great condition for an affordable price but no luck yet.

My advice to find great games from that era, google "Good games from the 90s" and "Good games from the 00s" and do some research, watch some YouTube videos of gameplay and trailers, read and watch reviews. I'm sure you will find some great games  :)

I know it's not always great to hear "use google", but in this case I believe you will find more useful information faster and more suited to your personal tastes than waiting for replies from a kind of inactive community here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:02 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 05:17 AM »
Chaos Overlords (1996)

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 06:23 PM »
I've been playing Command and conquer remastered and Age of empires 2, love the old RTS games. 

As far as lucasarts, my favorites were full throttle and grim fandango

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 03:06 PM »
HOMM 3

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Full Throttle. Mark Hamill voices there.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 11:31 PM »

Offline Silaneo

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 04:28 PM »
RTS : Dune 2 , Command&Conquer , C&C Red Alert ,
Strategies :Ufo:Enemy Unknown ,X-com:Terror from the deep , Heroes of Might & Magic series , Genghin Khan II ,
Economic : Settlers 2 , MadTV , Transport Tycoon
FPS : Duke Nukem 3D , Quake ,
Other : Pirates! Gold , Another World ,Final Fantasy 7,8,9 , Tomb Raider

...And many more ;]

Offline Saint

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 10:18 PM »
gta3,vice sity,SA,call of duty,mafia,godfather,Delta Force: Land Warrior,FlatOut,mortal combat,cs 1.6,Quake III Arena.Games of my childhood
[:

Offline Pavel-B

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 12:15 PM »
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1-2, Gothic 1-2, Fable, Resident Evil 1-3, Dino Crisis 1-2.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Speedy Eggbert, 102 Dalmatians, All Rachet & Clank games

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 08:47 PM »
Master of Orion 1+2, Mechwarrior 3+4, MechCommander 1+2, Alpha Centauri, Dungeon Keeper 1+2.

Offline Memox

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2020, 12:17 AM »
Yo, just like the title of the thread implies, does anyone know of any good old PC games?

Lately I've been playing old LucasArts point&clicks, Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle to be exact, and I've been wanting to play some more older PC games as I LOVE the aesthetic of them (and feel that they are MASSIVELY underrated)

Anyone have some games they'd like to recommend? ;D

Since you liked LucasArts' graphic adventures (and I hope you played the best ones too, that is Monkey Island 1 and 2) I really recommend you to check out Broken Sword (not the Director's Cut though, the original for ScummVM). Other than that, it really depends the genre you're looking for...

For example, if you like FPS I can recommend you these old school masterpieces: Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Deus Ex, Strife, Doom, Quake, Heretic, POSTAL 2, Shadow Warrior, Powerslave, Unreal, Outlaws (the latter is made by LucasArts too btw).
Platform? Rayman, Sonic The Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, Pac-Man World, Banjo Kazooie, Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter.
Horror? Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Obscure... But now we're going from pixelated country to low-poly town so I'll stop.

\\\ My websites ///

My Worms Armageddon Review (and other blog posts about gaming)
The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 07:35 PM »
I still play red alert 2
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'