Forums
April 23, 2024, 11:08 PM

Author Topic: Mini Metro  (Read 800 times)

Offline HHC

Mini Metro
« on: December 28, 2016, 01:19 PM »
6 euro's on steam atm, this awesome little game.
Also available on phones.

Just installed it and I think it's awesome.

You start with a blank map, with a river or lake (depending on the map you play on) and 3 symbols: a square, a circle and a triangle: these are your stations. Now as the game progresses little dark symbols appear at these stations, they are square, circle or triangle as well. Point of the game: you draw railways (simple lines) between the stations (the large symbols) to carry the passengers (the small symbols) to the station where they desire to be (the station that shares their symbol). So triangle passenger to a triangle station.

As you can see each train (the blocks on the coloured lines) can carry up to 6 passengers. Every passenger you deliver scores you a point. As weeks progress the number of passengers appearing at your stations greatly increases, up to the point where you just can't deliver them all anymore and stations become overcrowded. When a station is clogged for too long it's game over.

Every week you are granted one new locomotive (a basic train) + either a tunnel to cross rivers, a carriage to attach to an existing train (so you can carry 12 at once) or the ability to create a new route (a new line colour). There's also the extra challenge of new symbols entering the game.

It's basically a giant mathematical puzzle: you have to draw your lines in such a manner that passengers can get quickly to the station that they need to be. A recipe for disaster is for example when your route has 3 circle-stations in a row. All the circled passengers will get off at the first station then; the squared and triangle ones stay seeded and are multiplied by all the new passengers that board your train on these stations. It's a recipe for going over the train's capacity and therefore: angry passengers that have to wait at the station.

It's a game you can do in about 5-10 mins. After that the ants win :D

Example game:

Simple, but a lot of fun, and intellectually very challenging 8)

link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287980/ (96% positive reviews)
this for phones I presume: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nz.co.codepoint.minimetro
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:24 PM by HHC »

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Mini Metro
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 12:12 AM »
This looks pretty cool HHC, nice review mate, you've twisted my arm!

I'll add this to my wish list :)