Forums
April 20, 2024, 06:26 AM

Author Topic: PangYa!  (Read 1929 times)

Offline TheKomodo

PangYa!
« on: April 25, 2015, 12:17 AM »

M3ntal introduced me to an anime Golf game about 9 years ago called Albatross18 which I was hooked on, but the company at the time went down and with it my stats...

Some years ago another company bought it and renamed it PangYa.

About:

PangYa is a free to play online golf game that simulates the sport of golf in an anime-inspired design with interesting landscapes from dry deserts to snowy wonderlands!

Website and where to download - http://pangya.gamerage.com/default.aspx

Characters:

You select your own character to start with(you can have more later), you improve your characters stats by getting better equipment/clothes:

Pangya bar:

^^ This is the bar you click on to take your shots, it's a 3 click system, 1st click starts it, 2nd click determines power, 3rd click determines accuracy, you want to the 3rd click to land in the little white part at the start ;)

Items:

The game has a cool item system where you use different items to have different effects on your game such as extra distance, super curve shot, super spin, etc.

Special shots:

One of the most interesting features of the game are the special shots, that can be used to reach places you wouldn't reach with a normal shot, and of course those awesome Hole In Ones! Here is a youtube video showing some of the special shots:

Game currency:

There are 2 types of currency in PangYa, one called "Pang" and the other called "Points", pang being the games main currency and earned in a variety of simple ways, points being the currency you must buy with real cash to obtain certain items.

Speaking as a gamer who sincerely hates "Pay 2 Play" games, I am ok with this, i've even spent real money on a few occasions because the game is so good and being free I thought it couldn't hurt to purchase some stuff I think is cool anyway seeing as it's a game i've played online for like 9 years now and I feel they do deserve some sort of payment for such a great game, however you don't need to use real money to become good, you can still do all the fancy shots and beat good players if you get your stats up and practise with what's available.

Soundtrack:

Personally speaking this is one of my favourite soundtracks for gaming ever, each course has it's own unique relaxing song that reflects the nature of that place, which I find myself whistling, humming and beatboxing along to pretty much everytime.

My personal thoughts:

If you enjoy golf games and anime/fantasy, then you should enjoy this!

If you do fancy giving it a try, I recommend playing through the tutorials as soon as you get online before playing any real matches.

This is a game I want to personally promote as it's gave me years of fun and hopeully some WA players can come play with me :)

Website and where to download - http://pangya.gamerage.com/default.aspx

Offline MarianRV

Re: PangYa!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 10:19 AM »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 06:45 PM »
Does anyone fancy playing this then?

Would like a few games, hopefully more, with some of you :)

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 08:43 PM »
I wanna start playing it asap xD ...a wait, you are ignoring me atm :(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:46 PM »
If you improve your sportsmanship and treat people better maybe I wouldn't ignore you, but please, don't take this post off-subject anymore.

Edit: Masta is gonna grab a few games with me tomorrow, anyone else fancy joining us?

Unfortunately can only have 4 players at a time though, which is kinda a good thing cuz it's turn based, unless you do a Tournament which is up to 30 players and you don't have to wait/watch other players turns.

While posting in the ZaR Cup reminded me, I got plans tomorrow from 3pm GMT onwards, so unless you are on earlier Masta we won't be able to play, i'll be up around 9am GMT I reckon, will catch you on WA then if possible.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 07:45 AM »
Gonna download the game sometime next week. As an anime fan, I am sure I will enjoy this :D

Offline skunk3

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 07:36 PM »
I used to play the shit out of Albatross18 and Gunbound. ;)