Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:01 PM

Author Topic: Steelseries 6gv2, black or red switches?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Free

Steelseries 6gv2, black or red switches?
« on: February 22, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Need input of experts here. I've had the one with black switches previously but has any expert r0per tried the red ones too? Both? :D

Offline nino

Re: Steelseries 6gv2, black or red switches?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:08 PM »
i dont even know what u r talking about, if i did, i would help u for sure but i dunno so sorry about that

bye ae m8, good choice ae ty
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Jengu

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 03:00 PM »
I am sure you are already familiar with the technical differences. In terms of how they feel, MX Red switches have less resistance and do not really have that cushioning effect when bottoming out. MX Black switches rebound with more force which may make key releases more responsive.

They are both suitable for roping. Choose the one you think would be best. Your keyboard will not make or break you as a roper.

I am a decent roper and I know a fair bit about keyboards. The links below might be of interest.

http://www.cherry.de/cid/keymodules_MX1A-Lxxx.htm?
http://www.cherry.de/cid/keymodules_MX1A-1xxx.htm?
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=search_list&s[match]=all&s[search]=PBT+Black+Cherry+MX&s[title]=Y&s[cid]=1&s[subcats]=Y&s[mid]=50

Cheers.

Offline lalo

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 03:42 PM »
I have both. Played a month or two with the black but did not feel comfortable because its strokes feel rigid and stiff hurting my fingers after some minutes playing and getting tired after a while. I got the red one and only good experiences, it's smooth and sweet, very accurate and rock solid, 10/10. Daina tried both and she got the red for herself as well.
Both are good, black is better for typing or games like Starcraft imo since red is too sensitive.

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 04:15 PM »
I have both. Played a month or two with the black but did not feel comfortable because its strokes feel rigid and stiff hurting my fingers after some minutes playing and getting tired after a while. I got the red one and only good experiences, it's smooth and sweet, very accurate and rock solid, 10/10. Daina tried both and she got the red for herself as well.
Both are good, black is better for typing or games like Starcraft imo since red is too sensitive.
+1

also, red switches sucks for typing :x

Offline yanme

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 05:54 PM »
Played a month or two with the black but did not feel comfortable because its strokes feel rigid and stiff hurting my fingers after some minutes playing and getting tired after a while.

such a wimp... i am glad you didn't break your fingers! :P

tbh, i tried to get the one with red switches, but it wasn't available. but i am totally fine with the black switches.

sometimes i think i have keylock on the keyboard, but since i am the only one who thinks so, it is probably me who fails at rising the key high enough again.

i can totally suggest the 6gv2 with black switches.

Offline lalo

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 06:16 PM »
Played a month or two with the black but did not feel comfortable because its strokes feel rigid and stiff hurting my fingers after some minutes playing and getting tired after a while.

such a wimp... i am glad you didn't break your fingers! :P

tbh, i tried to get the one with red switches, but it wasn't available. but i am totally fine with the black switches.

sometimes i think i have keylock on the keyboard, but since i am the only one who thinks so, it is probably me who fails at rising the key high enough again.

i can totally suggest the 6gv2 with black switches.

;D

For some weird reason, it's easier to purchase the red than the black switch version in Chile  :-X. It can be bought on amazon or ebay tho: https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-6Gv2-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B008OQTGBQ

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:33 PM »
I use 6gv2 black switches aswell I liked it... more than k740 illuminated

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 10:27 PM »
I'm using the black one and it's cool. However i guess the red one is better

It's a shame that i hadn't been able to purchase it here in Italy coz unavailable from steelseries' site and still can't find one. There's only one on amazon and it costs 199€ (wtf??)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:05 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 12:18 PM »
I'd like to recommend the ''Logitech G810 Spectrum''.

It's compact, sturdy, bit heavy and it feels premium.

The G810 has no wrist rest, so if typing a lot is your thing, you could look elsewhere, or invest in your own wrist rest.
So if you intend to game and rope more than to type novels and such, I'd highly suggest investing in the 810.

Review:
http://uk.pcmag.com/logitech-g810-orion-spectrum/82805/review/logitech-g810-orion-spectrum

I have a G810 myself, and I have no regrets. It's beautiful and the backlight is smooth. The media controls are also very convenient placed, the volume wheel is easy to adjust volume, feels good to tune.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:21 PM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 09:02 AM »
I have 6gv2 black switches and i love it, never tried reds though

Offline ANO

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 09:55 AM »
I have red ones with Corsair k65. I love it for roping. Given their sensitiveness at the beginning it's a mess sometimes xD
It s very sensitive and it might not be ideal for typing but you can get used, it is just noisy, but the noise is part of the beauty of these keyboards.