Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:36 PM

Author Topic: Fall Guys?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Kradie

Fall Guys?
« on: August 22, 2020, 07:16 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun!

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

Re: Fall Guys?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 07:47 PM »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 09:05 PM »
Yeah looks fun :)

Also - https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/gaming-central/
Oh snap my bad.

If someone could move this topic to gaming central that would be great.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 02:33 AM »
This is what worms rumble should have been if t17 had a shred of an idea of the pulse of gamers

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 06:28 PM »
This is what worms rumble should have been if t17 had a shred of an idea of the pulse of gamers
Exactly. Imagine a Worms game similar to Fall Guys but maybe in 2D? 30-50 players racing through obstacles with jetpacks, rope, and mechs! That could be fun!

Offline skunk3

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 10:54 PM »
This game caught my eye and I finally had the chance to play it at a friend's house a few days ago.

My thoughts on it are that it is a fun game but it gets boring very quickly. I'd call this game a 'rental' title, although video game rentals are kind of a thing of the past. The problem with the game is that there's so few types of courses / minigames that it gets stale remarkably fast. Also, random luck has a LOT to do with it. On 'race' types of courses, if you start in the front you have a much better chance of qualifying or even winning than if you start in the back, and that's completely random. Also, the controls leave a lot to be desired. You basically just run and steer 90% of the time. You can jump, but the jump mechanics aren't very satisfying and there's this annoying little delay between pushing the button and actually jumping. Aside from that all you can really do in the game is dive forward, which is sometimes useful, and you can also press a shoulder button to grab onto someone, or an object. You can't 'attack' anyone per se, and in many of the game modes it's not worth messing around with anyone else anyway.

Is it initially fun? Yes. Is the art style cool? Yes. Is the game active? Yes. The sound department is lacking though. The music is boring and unremarkable and the sound effects are forgettable and bland. Also, there's really no 'end game' to it at all. If you win a certain amount of times you can get enough crowns to unlock special outfits but who cares lol. I definitely wouldn't pay full price for it. Some people might have a blast playing it but I know that for me I'd get super bored after a week. You can pretty much experience all the game has to offer in 1-2 days.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:56 PM by skunk3 »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 01:23 PM »
When I first saw Fall Guys I thought, oh, someone's turned Marbles On Stream into a Jelly Baby Bonzai game.

Looks like the kinda game you can be addicted to one day, and bored of the next day, unless you are a Twitch streamer and desperate for new viewers  :D

Offline LilScrappy94

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 01:25 PM »
They add mini games regulary with new updates, no?
I guess it could help improving the game lifespan
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 01:28 PM by LilScrappy94 »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 01:40 PM »
The game has gone viral, approximately 90000 reviews on steam. Currently there are 123000 players online playing it.

For how long will this trend last? Perhaps it is just a fad? IT all depends on the developers. I am pretty sure new courses will eventually be added to keep the fresh and relevant.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2020, 06:50 AM »
I've played a few matches because of my friends. Not really my game.

On 'race' types of courses, if you start in the front you have a much better chance of qualifying or even winning than if you start in the back, and that's completely random.

Not always though. There is "fake doors" race which starting in front can be tricky.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 07:00 PM »
The modern gaming industry is shitty. :(

I can understand being addicted to this game if you are maybe 10 years old and just want some simple, mindless fun, but I fail to understand how any adult could derive more than a few days of entertainment from it. A week, tops. If the number of minigames and races was tripled or quadrupled then it would be worth picking up (especially if they added some sort of basic fighting mechanics), but in its current state it is far too shallow of a game. As I said, you can experience literally everything the game has to offer in a day or two and the worst part is that winning or losing has less to do with personal skill and more to do with luck.

I'm personally eagerly looking forward to the new Gran Turismo title when the PS5 launches.