Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:39 PM

Author Topic: Worms "Ripoff" Hedgewars  (Read 6463 times)

Offline Teemto

Worms "Ripoff" Hedgewars
« on: August 15, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Lmao, so I was just browsing the Internet and I found this game called Hedgewars, I'm not trying to advertise or anything but I just thought that I should let the WOrms Community know ^^. http://www.hedgewars.org I just downloaded it and tried out the shopper mode, It's not as fun as Worms, and it's a lot harder =/ Try it out if you're bored :D

You can actually customise your "Hedge" with hats and stuff, it's pretty entertaining.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:37 PM by Baseline »

Offline darKz

Re: Worms "Ripoff" Hedgewars
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56 PM »
Old. But yeah, it's pretty decent. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 05:57 PM »
the guy who made this game used to idle in #worms

he's an asshole and used to talk about how this game would overcome WA in popularity
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Great game.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Teemto

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 06:17 PM »
the guy who made this game used to idle in #worms

he's an asshole and used to talk about how this game would overcome WA in popularity

Wow seriously? If that's true then he's an asshole indeed..

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 12:38 AM »
It seems Mablak is already playing it! xD

http://www.hedgewars.org/node/3940

Hi guys,

I've been playing worms Armageddon for about 6 years now, and I must say that my roping is way above average, I pretty much win all Rope Races

It must be Mab, he wins all rope races! xD

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 01:02 AM »
if this guy above your post is mablak, then yes I think XDd

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 01:04 AM »
Call MI, Mablak has multiple accounts on TUS!

Btw I just tested it, the roping is shit don't waste your time with it.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:44 AM »
It seems Mablak is already playing it! xD

http://www.hedgewars.org/node/3940

Hi guys,

I've been playing worms Armageddon for about 6 years now, and I must say that my roping is way above average, I pretty much win all Rope Races

It must be Mab, he wins all rope races! xD

KoNaTa is Baseline girlfriend? Look his sig o0
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 04:05 AM »
Team17 could sue them no? Except the players, all the concept, even graphics are so similar. It is great someone tried to recreated Worms, but if you're gonna put this much effort why not make something unique?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 05:23 AM »
Yea is a obvious rip off but every game gets it. Think how many games have copyed the style and game play of Grand Theif Auto.

but still f@#! those hedgehog f@#!ers

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Hussar

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 07:36 AM »
plagiarism.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 07:54 AM »
plagerism alright, Some of those texture are pretty much identical like the cheese, rocks, palms tree, clouds. Mother f@#!ers we should get the whole worms community to spam their forums with hate mail. I really do believe this was made by an ex WA player who couldn`t compete with the l33tness of WormNet.

I wonder how big their online community is? hope its not big because they are all potential WA players who have been miss guided and dont no what they are missing.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline ANO

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 08:00 AM »
I tried this shit some years ago, the only thing was good for me it runs on mac auauh and I hadn't to rebbot, but it sucks as hell. We played 2 times with Alenic, the rope sucks so much and it's sad remaking worms.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 08:18 AM »
http://www.hedgewars.org/node/3941

My topic that I hope will stir the pot a little.

jpg images