Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:54 PM

Author Topic: Worms "Ripoff" Hedgewars  (Read 6425 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Worms "Ripoff" Hedgewars
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42 AM »
I don't think what you did would do any good. You even double posted same message, so you are first candidate to get deleted with your posts.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:52 AM »
Let's not start a whole campaign against hedgewars here pizzasheet. This place is for discussing games, not for online vendetta's.

Hedgewars is what it is. It's up to T17 to take legal steps.. or not. It's their property after all.

There are so many clones out there.. who cares? It's not like any comes even close to WA. If people want a decent game they should pay the price and buy WA.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Let's not start a whole campaign against hedgewars here pizzasheet. This place is for discussing games, not for online vendetta's.

Hedgewars is what it is. It's up to T17 to take legal steps.. or not. It's their property after all.

There are so many clones out there.. who cares? It's not like any comes even close to WA. If people want a decent game they should pay the price and buy WA.

Yea my only beef is they are potential WA players that are lost. I struggle finding good players or sometime even any players in certain hours in my timezone.

Worms Community is still stronge but sadly it is getting smaller

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 09:18 AM »
and my care factor about Hedgewars is 1/10 im only trolling with that topic for fun.

ps sorry double post ment to click edit*
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:19 AM by pizzasheet »

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline harpy

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 09:22 AM »
and my care factor about Hedgewars is 1/10 im only trolling with that topic for fun.

ps sorry double post ment to click edit*

idea to fort schemes  :D interesting

http://www.hedgewars.org/node/3919

from me noO COMENTO

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Yea my only beef is they are potential WA players that are lost. I struggle finding good players or sometime even any players in certain hours in my timezone.

Trolling their forums won't makes things better. If you care, go to their online channel, play with their players and introduce W:A to them.

Here, someone is saying unless you don't copy code or art work, you can "borrow" everything else without a problem.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 09:45 AM »
The best similiar Game to Worms is Liero ;D

Real time !!!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 10:17 AM »
Yeah Liero is good, and Teeworlds (originally Teewars) is a really cool real time roping gimmick:

https://www.teeworlds.com/images/screens/screenshot_jungle.png
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Rok

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Don't forget to take your pills today, pizzasheet.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 02:14 PM »
I downloaded the game.

Cons on first glance:
1. The hedges design are worse than worms.
2. The accuracy of the game is lower than W:A.
3. Roping is not enjoyable and doesn't function properly.

Pros on first glance:
1. The game is not limited to 256 colors.
2. You can zoom-in, zoom-out with mouse wheel. Could be so useful for worms.
3. It seems that it is a growing game. Like our PX, there seems to be weapons getting added often.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:28 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Yeah, the roping is so ridiculously bad implemented, even the shitty Worms Reloaded that I tested on the free weekend gave me more joy when roping. Worms clones with shitty rope mechanic can go away, just like all the other Worms games from T17 excluding Worms2,A,WP.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 02:37 PM »
It's still better than many of the latter 2d games after WWP to be honest.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Pros on first glance:
1. The game is not limited to 256 colors.
2. You can zoom-in, zoom-out with mouse wheel. Could be so useful for worms.
3. It is seems that it is a growing game. Like our PX, there seems to be weapons getting added often.
WA 4.0 will contain its all, no worries just patience :p

Offline Teemto

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Nice to see that there's an actual discussion going on, I expected this to turn into a "Hate on Hedgewars" thread, oh and Konata is not my girlfriend, I saw somebody state that :P And I'm not Mablak either lmao.

EDIT: Re-read the thread, so some guy decided to flame the Hedgewars Forum, not a smart move. Do you really think  "Potential" WA players will start to play it if you do crap like that? Now they think that our community is a piece of crap.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:17 PM by Baseline »

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 08:04 AM »
I already said i was trolling there forums, I really dont care. WA is the game for me...

jpg images