Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:56 PM

Author Topic: 2018 official kaos revival (px)  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Dr Abegod

Re: 2018 official kaos revival (px)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Ill give it  a try

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 10:28 PM »
px version is way more balanced, way more skilled and way more tactically interesting
ha ha ha

Classic kaos players: Why not giving it a try?
PX instability, that's why

Note that this format relies strictly on skills
ha ha ha

Not sure why these comments though, you don't know the scheme we use and how it surpasses the original by every aspect, it's also not unstable anymore, we tested it hundred times and no visible bugs were spotted, also as long as skills are analysed, if you compare original and current official px scheme we use, the amount of luck factor in classic is playing a much bigger role than on this one so yes, skill based indeed.

I'd prefer rational argument comments rather than just unjustifiable laugh as if these statements were untrue while they're not.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Not sure why these comments though
Because you've been randomly throwing stuff like "(scheme) surpasses the original by every aspect" and "(scheme) is more skilled" all the time without saying anything in particular, and I find that funny. Feels like some boring speech of a politician.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2018, 12:02 PM »
*delete*

Offline Hurz

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Px causes desynchronisation with my Game.
And dont shoot arrows in soil...

Online Godmax

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 07:21 AM »
PX is shit

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 01:13 AM »
Not sure why these comments though
Because you've been randomly throwing stuff like "(scheme) surpasses the original by every aspect" and "(scheme) is more skilled" all the time without saying anything in particular, and I find that funny. Feels like some boring speech of a politician.

Far from "randomly", I wrote that because it's based on hundreds of hours of playing it and seeing the differences that make me write that. I would surely say "anything in  particular" if it was worth it, meaning if there was suitable interest, also if you want to know more - why not just ask why am I stating that, but laughing instead?

The last thing I wanted was to sound like a politician lol :D I hate politics.

Anyways, here's some facts about both schemes that made me say this "random stuff that feels like boring political speech". ;)

Classic kaos facts
--------------------

- the original scheme has editing limitations in many fields, which doesn't allow most of the customization and also creates imbalanced situations which limit the skill impact in many cases.

- the original scheme has many overpowered weapons that in various situations decrease the tactical aspect potential it should have.

PX official version facts
--------------------------

- the px enhanced version is more editable when it comes to probabilities and crate count of certain weapons which allows to tweak many settings to decrease luck factor way more than in classic version.

- the overpowered items were taken out and replaced by the carefully selected roster of tactical weapons which allow even more creative combo possibilities.

- the more skilled the player - the more control over the action he has than in classic version.

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2018, 04:59 PM »
which overpowered weapons are you talking about?
The kaos league scheme does not contain donkey, sheepstrike etc.

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Those that had huge damage impact and made a gameplay less tactical, but blast-friendly, these were: Banana Bomb, Super Banana Bomb, Salvation Army, Ming Vase to name a few, even Holy Grenade and Baseball Bat providing easy surfacekills, all those were replaced with similar, but more tactically interesting and more combo friendly weapons from px roster, that only adds up to the serious fight, also most strikes were replaced with cooler ones from the px roster.

I could write a detailed encyclopedia-lenghty thread about the spirit of kaos and I think I will (posted somewhere in these forums anytime soon), to expose a bit of background and arguments behind the fact that classic scheme development stopped at some point few years ago and it was continued on px for serious players needs.

The principle idea behind it always was and always will be a priority though, whatever it shall evolve into. To provide a tactical multishot action-paced fun for normal-pro oriented players.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:01 PM by Dream Trance »

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 04:15 AM »
Wasn't that lively here lately, i guess we won't have more participants for the first season. However it will be open to join for other players, since there will be a system that will balance it even for the ones with fewer matches played, to secure that just activity will not be decisive, but also performance).

So the starting list for now is:

Kayz
Dream
eule
enrico-gold
Mega`Adnan
Dr. Abegod

There may be 7th player joining first season at the end of September.

The first season will be ready to start on 1st September.

Please confirm this guys, also what are your contact media where you are available daily to arrange games (can be this forum / skype / discord etc - something you check every few days at least).

Will post all the details next week and we can launch the reduced formula with less than 8 players with a possibility of joining for others, created special formula for that so it stays fair when it comes to balance the ranking throughout the season (mentioned earlier).

While the majority of organisation is ready we still need to polish off some final regulations. The basic infos for now are that I'll be hosting all games, so we need to keep in touch every few days at least (with everyone) and the season will last 2 or 4 months (give feedback on what you prefer). Matches in the regular phase of the season are planned being bo5 and gradually more wins required in playoff / final section.

Expected activity is to arrange and actually play at least 1 or 2 matches within each week's time (by every single player that had signed in to the season) with any opponent except same one until the league system will switch to point system (will be explained in detail once complete organisation details will be published).

The moneyprize system will be based on achievements and only playoff phase participants will be awarded (4 players per season) unless we will get at least 16 players to have a fully functional tournament system in future - then every player would benefit gradually, depending on their achievements.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 03:43 PM »
I am up for Kaos.
Dunno about px.

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2018, 01:01 AM »
Glad to see you here my dear friend!

I would highly recommend that you tried px edition we are launching officially for the first time as it has all the unwanted and overpowered weapons and utilities that we didn't like taken out.

We tidied up the scheme as you remember it and added many direct replacements from px roster to meet oldschool players needs because we didn't want to change the feeling of the original scheme.

This new official edition of kaos is a transition between classic and px that is based on:

- a solid root consisting of best classic weapons (about 30% of the classic scheme weapons stayed),
- direct replacements (equivalents) of 35% more classic weapons that are now upgraded with additional physics / features,
- weapons and tools that are totally original (mostly tactical) and include various map objects such as turrets and more