Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:29 PM

Author Topic: Multiplayer kaos event  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Dream Trance

Multiplayer kaos event
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:28 PM »
Since regular events had not enough interest and there may be some activity boost after summer again I decided to come up with some changed formula involving more players at once.

A mass multiplayer kaos event with a minimum and a maximum amount of games played by certain player in 1v1v1 / 1v1v1v1 / 1v1v1v1v1 and 1v1v1v1v1v1v1 matches hosted and refereed by me with very advanced award point system which would rank players at the end of season.

The minimum amount of games played by certain player within a season would be 5 while maximum would be 10. Mass match requests would be arranged once this event will successfully start with players attending any of the 4 configurations as they happen (1v1v1 / 1v1v1v1 / 1v1v1v1v1 / 1v1v1v1v1v1), match request dates should be annouced some days earlier so everyone gets same chance of attending any match they want.

1v1v1 matches would be played with 6 worms per player AND would use relatively smallest point count for achievements
1v1v1v1 matches with 5 worms per player AND would use more attractive point system
1v1v1v1v1 matches with 4 worms per player AND would use even more attractive point system
1v1v1v1v1v1 matches with 3 worms per player AND would use most attractive point system as it's hardest to survive in this configuration at the end.

The penalty points in all matches would be applied for "shot-abl" rule abuse meaning that players can abuse it anyway, but will just get negative points for each abuse keeping in mind overall point count that matters most (will be announced if this will be successful enough.

The minimum amount of players for the event to start is 6. Grab your spot now.

More information soon, the event will start once there are 6 players (with the possibility for more throughout the event to make it attractive and not hermetic).

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Multiplayer kaos event
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:50 PM »
good, worms needs more ffa leagues imo

Offline rU`

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:13 PM »
Good job. All the best.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 11:28 PM »
1v1v1v1v1v1 Kaos? that sounds more like a big clusterf@#! than something competitive, no?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Hurz

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 11:55 PM »
the host priority is fair but kills activity aswell

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 08:19 AM »
What about 8000x696 MapGEN maps with 5 islands?

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 06:45 PM »
1v1v1v1v1v1 Kaos? that sounds more like a big clusterf@#! than something competitive, no?

Yes, competitive factor is definitely smallest in this config, this mode is more of a survival, tricky to survive in such matches on a high level of competition.

Still this is the tactical scheme with many possibilities, so many tricks can increase chances of a smartest player in a match.

This is just an idea, most matches can be 1v1v1 / 1v1v1v1 still anyway depending on a players' will.

OR

1v1v1v1v1 and 1v1v1v1v1v1v1 can only exist in half kaos version of the scheme so it will be harder to kill in shorter time.

the host priority is fair but kills activity aswell

Host priority meaning the players amount on a match synced with award point value system?

But when I think of kills aspect with most players on a match it may generate more multikills, so in this case what can solve a problem is the awarded barrier simply being raised or scheme version switched to half-kaos.

The point attractiveness would concern full match wins mostly (but not only), so called flawless win (with anyone else winning a round), normal win (with max 1 round won by somebody else) and close win (with 2 rounds won by at least 1 other player) scenarios which would be worth more than in 1v1v1 and 1v1v1v1. This would be done gradually with every higher amount of players on a match. It's still a project, ideas are welcome, but I have it pretty much organised initially in mind already, what remains is the drop issue, no idea how to deal with that.

What about 8000x696 MapGEN maps with 5 islands?

5 islands as one map? You mean big maps? This can be confusing during gameplay, finding players, planning turns not being able to see everything pretty fast and also very very lenghty at times since some matches may consist of many rounds, imagine 3-2-2-2-2-2 scenario, with maybe some draws at worst. Matches on big map can last even 50 minutes from what I've witnessed and the scheme doesn't have damage*2. So 13*50 at worst means almost 11 hours :P

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Anyways

I can write down every detail about the organisation / rules, just let me know should I bother (interest of players issue). I planned to apply seasonal money prizes for that too based on overall points gained throughout the season too.

The other option is to stick to some extended league system formula with the players who signed up for season 4 (tournament's not possible due to number of players unfortunately) after I'll confirm with them if they are still up for it.

Offline Alien

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 05:57 AM »
i want and i guess others too, but in the classic way.. like earlier 1vs1 league.
this just seems to be a fun event, than a real kaos competition.
we should not hurry up too much with playing our games,
but 4-5 bo5 games in a month for every player, should be possible.
the community must decide about that.

it's nice to see, that you want to get something started again.
i mean if not you, who else ? so it's really nice of you, that you are still interested in it.

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 08:25 PM »
So format involving more players at once can be played for fun with some points and ranking, really not much interest in this? 1v1 is surely good idea to revive as well for more serious competition.