Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:29 PM

Poll

Should there be a cave - cave - island - island - cave ... reversed map pattern so the decider is mostly played in caves for the official league?

yes
2 (40%)
no
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 29, 2021, 11:07 PM

Author Topic: New decade, new hype  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Dream Trance

New decade, new hype
« on: October 11, 2021, 04:36 PM »
I noticed some hype around classic kaos these days. So I think the right time has come to try to resuscitate the official event once again after the long hiatus. If there is enough interest I could revive the legendary official classic kaos league. Everyone who wants to try their skills in an official classic league please write in this section. Shall there be enough players wanting to play I will disclose further details. The season of the league can start with at least 8 players.

However it would be best to play it on the tweaked scheme without overpowered weapons and with double time turned off (along with some more interesting improvements) it would be strongly recommended to use that scheme, but it is only made possible with PX editor which most players are somehow afraid of (even though kaos offers much more through that editor).

Offline StepS

Re: New decade, new hype
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 05:58 PM »
You can still turn off certain weapons using 3.8 schemes, and the game now provides more customization options than with the old RubberWorm.

For example, the Kaos Normal scheme currently used in HB replaces 60 seconds turn time with a 52 seconds turn (3 sec active hotseat with the ability to select worms + 5 seconds automatic retreat at the end of each turn). With the Pro version (based on your TUS upload), 45 sec turn + 5 active hotseat + 5 retreat. This diminishes the effect from double turn time crates. Auto-retreat with SDET is impossible in older versions of the game, even with PX.

No-crate probability is now tweakable separate from the 3 crate type probability bars. This means that you can make e.g. weapons or health crates fall more frequently while still ensuring that 1 crate is guaranteed to spawn each craterate cycle. (previously you had to max them out leaving no gaps on each of the bars.) Additionally, it eliminates the 1 in 100 chance of no crate falling due to rounding errors.
Kaos Normal in HB currently uses experimental probabilities with a higher chance of Weapons spawning and a turn total rate of 7~10 crates. Kaos Pro uses fixed 8 crates per turn with classic equal probabilities, no x2 damage or french strike.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 09:12 PM »
I wasn't aware it can be even more modified with settings available in 3.8.1.

Is there just a built-in editor or is it done with some external one?

I wanted to improve the official kaos scheme for the community to use in tus matches as well.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 10:36 PM »
If you type "boggysentme" on the main screen you will unlock (if you didn't accomplish all missions and stuff from the game yet) 3.8 features available on the scheme options window (it has a star now so you can see all the new possibilities of 3.8 ). They are called ESO - Extended Scheme Options.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:40 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 12:03 AM »
Thanks. I will have to look at it to be able to prepare an improved official kaos scheme then.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 04:55 AM »
TUS scheme editor can be helpful too for setting custom values

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 04:22 PM »
Yes, I will take care of this. This thread though was basically meant to be the "sign-up" place. Official league will be professionally covered and most likely will also provide money prizes for the best 3 players of the season.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 04:53 PM »
I am ready to take part in this.

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 10:47 PM »
With each interested player I will disclose little piece of information about this complexed event. So first relevant info is that this is about to be a classic league (fixed amount of players and each player playing exactly 2 games vs every other player from current season on the "home and "away" basis). With 4 best players advancing to season's playoffs and winners of these playoffs advancing to the final and losers playing 3rd place match.

Season(s) lenght will be depending on a number of players that will be interested.

When a minimum of 8 players will be interested to participate in the season there will be a small money prize only for the winner.
When 9 to 12 players will be interested there will be small money prize pool for top 3 players (finalists and 3rd place match winner) gradually applied.
When 13 to 16 players will be interested there will be extended 8-players-playoffs (4 playoff matches) and medium money prize pool for all 8 players who will qualify for playoffs (applied gradually).
When more than 16 players will be interested the event will become a tournament with big money prize pool for ALL players participating distributed gradually depending on their achievements.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 08:53 PM »
Oh missed this so far. On my way.

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 11:41 PM »
Ok, another important detail - the scheme. The development of official scheme as the community knows will take yet another major step to improve what wasn't possible with standard editors prior to 3.8.

Scheme will be a variation of what's widely known as kaos normal, but it will be even more improved with what 3.8.1 extended scheme editor can offer. Basically it will keep the original feel, with the increase of tactical solutions that should influence the skill even more. Major changes will mostly include overpowered weapons limitation as well as removal of double time if possible. These will be the biggest changes to the gameplay, but I cannot exactly tell how exactly will it be as I need to investigate the editor possibilities and what it can do to make kaos better.

Offline o

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 09:36 PM »
I'm in

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 09:44 PM »
For example, the Kaos Normal scheme currently used in HB replaces 60 seconds turn time with a 52 seconds turn (3 sec active hotseat with the ability to select worms + 5 seconds automatic retreat at the end of each turn). With the Pro version (based on your TUS upload), 45 sec turn + 5 active hotseat + 5 retreat. This diminishes the effect from double turn time crates. Auto-retreat with SDET is impossible in older versions of the game, even with PX.

To be fair, setting hot-seat and retreat time in kaos was not possible prior to 3.8 thus it was never considered to being implemented.

When I think of it though I'm very sceptical if this is a good idea for this particular scheme which was meant to be quick-decision making and efficient turntime management.

Probably it can act just as an interesting variation of the original idea.

Although I understand the point of trying to make double time NOT impacting the turntime by shortening it, I don't think that it was meant to have the default turn shorter actually. Kaos normal was about 1 minute turns. For fast-paced action there was some half-kaos hybrid created few years ago.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 09:45 PM by Dream Trance »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 10:51 PM »
what about Double Time stack limit?

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 02:01 AM »
I think that double stack limit can only allow to use max once per turn to minimise the advantage it dies, but it's still usable anyway.

I studied extended 3.8 settings, but I can't see a way to turn off certain super weapons as well as completely turn off double time.