Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:56 AM

Poll

Do you like the retreat time of 3 seconds in kaos?

yes
1 (33.3%)
no
1 (33.3%)
I do, but other retreat setting
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 20, 2021, 12:32 AM

Author Topic: Official professional kaos scheme (2021 major revision) - official league scheme  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Dream Trance

This will be a thread where an official scheme revision of kaos will be explained in detail very soon.

It comes with a quick poll (we are unsure if this particular setting would be any interesting). Please vote for now.

Offline Lupastic

a short amount of retreat time is a fine idea (:

Offline Dream Trance

Below you can see a detailed explanation with changelog (in red) of the official professional kaos scheme revision adapted to 3.8 possibilities that improves many tactical aspects in order to prioritize skill in kaos scheme even more.

This scheme will be used for upcoming season of official kaos league. Some minor aspects may still be consulted and changed, and this thread may be edited until the end of October. Final version of this scheme will be available in Schemes section in coming days.

GENERAL SETTINGS

* Random placement of worms on a landscape.
* Initial energy of worms is set at 200 value.
* Worm choice before each turn is enabled.
* Worms can walk and jump normally.
* Anti-lock aim enabled (resets weapon-aim between turns to default one).
* Fall damage is enabled.
* Initial landscape objects such as Barrels and Mines are disabled.
* Crate-drop rate (before each turn) value is 12 (previously there was a value of 10, but this was done to boost up the pace of play a bit. This setting allows to spawn a maximum of 12 crates of all types per turn that follow the settings described in Crate Settings section).
* Maximum amount of crates at once on a landscape available is 50 (this has always been like this and while it sounds crazy it's rarely reached, but keeps the gameplay at desired dynamic pace).
* Maximum flamelet count on a landscape is set at maximum 65535 value to enable maximum possible flames at once.
* Victories required to win a match: 3 (commonly known as "best of 5").
* Round time of 30 minutes with a sudden death setting of 50 health points lost per turn. (edited after publishing this post)
* Since kaos match is a whole process, unused weapons and utilities transfer to following rounds (commonly known as "stockpiling" mode). Otherwise every round would be a separate match. What is more such setting forces players to manage their weapons and utilities even better throughout whole match process which requires more skill. Additionally the scheme is crate-based and not based on fixed weapon set that needs to last the entire round and get renewed each round (like for example Intermediate) thus stockpiling mode being logically justified I think.
* Donor cards are enabled (not applicable to 1 vs 1 and teamgames).
* Blood effects are enabled.
* Glitches disabled except of skip-walking glitch as making it disabled caused a bug - walking worm stopping its motion randomly at times while arrow was still held.

TURN-TIME SETTINGS

* 45 second turns with a retreat time of 3 seconds. (edited after publishing this post)
* Turn-timer with a crate-counter.
* No delay between turns except for each turn's crates-drop.
* Timer is not paused while firing a weapon (commonly known as former fdpt rubberworm setting - one of kaos root-settings).
* Loss of control doesn't end turn (commonly known as former ldet rubberworm setting - one of kaos root-settings).
* Shooting a weapon doesn't end turn (commonly known as former sdet rubberworm setting - one of kaos root-settings).

CRATE TYPE SETTINGS

* 100% probability to spawn a weapon crate within crate-drop sequence.
* 80% probability to spawn an utility crate within crate-drop sequence.
* 60% probability to spawn a health crate within crate-drop sequence.
* 10% probability to not spawn any crate within crate-drop sequence (suggested by StepS to experiment with pre-turn crate-drops).
* Health crates contain 100 points.
* Health crates cure only the worm that collects the crate (and not whole team).

WEAPON SETTINGS

There is only an infinite Bungee (not available in crates) when the match begins, however you will find crates with many weapons to use in your matches.

In kaos each of these available weapons have a default power set at 60% (3 stars) with the exception of so called super weapons group. These weapons have default power that is not yet possible to be modified. Probably if it would be possible to modify their power some may have been available in official kaos with reduced power. The exception in power settings is Ninja Rope which has a 20% power (1 star) which means it has 1 shot available as well as a maximum of 45 degree angle.

There is no delay applied to any of the weapons, you can use each weapon as soon as it is collected.

Major change section below

Probabilities of most weapons are set to 100% (5 boxes) however there are some weapons that have reduced probabilities with this revision of a scheme. Some weapons (mostly super weapons) are also disabled. Below comes a detailed list of available weapons (sorted by grid for your convenience) in the current revision and those with a probability other than 100% have suitable info. Select Worm as well as super weapons group probabilities are special and cannot be precisely defined nor modified at this moment of game development.

F1

Bazooka
Homing Missile
Mortar
Homing Pigeon
Sheep Launcher

F2

Grenade (with a probability of 80% - 4 boxes) - because 3 units per crate
Cluster Bomb
Banana Bomb (disabled) - because overpowered
Battle Axe
Earth Quake (disabled) - because affecting landscape globally

F3

Shotgun
Handgun
Uzi
Minigun
Longbow

F4

Fire Punch
Dragon Ball
Kamikaze
Suicide Bomber (disabled) - because marginal actual usage
Prod

F5

Dynamite
Mine
Sheep
Super Sheep (with a probability of 20% - 1 box) - because allowing extensive collecting possibility, potentially more than Jetpack usually
Mole Bomb

F6

Air Strike
Napalm Strike
Mail Strike
Mine Strike
Mole Squadron

F7

BlowTorch (with a probability of 60% - 3 boxes) - because 3 units per crate
Pneumatic Drill
Girder (with a probability of 60% - 3 boxes) - because 3 units per crate, also to limit first turn scenario of locking most worms of the enemy
Baseball Bat
Girder Pack

F8

Ninja Rope (with a probability of 20% - 1 box) - in order to limit the amounts of available mobility tools to enhance creativity in getting weapons
Bungee (not appearing in crates)
Parachute
Teleport (disabled) - because it serves as the most powerful mobility, also it may easily ruin the tactical tense ending of a crucial round
Scales of Justice

F9

Super Banana (disabled) - because overpowered
Holy Grenade (with a probability of 40% - 2 boxes) - because it is possibly the most powerful weapon in current revision of the scheme
Flame Thrower
Salvation Army (disabled) - because overpowered
MB Bomb

F10

Petrol Bomb
Skunk
Ming Vase (disabled) - because overpowered
Sheep Strike (disabled) - because highly overpowered
Carpet Bomb (disabled) - because it has the potential to be highly overpowered

F11

Mad Cow (with a probability of 20% - 1 box) - because 3 units per crate
Old Woman
Concrete Donkey (disabled) - because highly overpowered
Nuclear Test (disabled) - because affecting landscape globally with several unwanted sudden death effects
Armageddon (disabled) - because it is not a comet dodging scheme

F12

Skip Go (not appearing in crates)
Surrender (not appearing in crates)
Select Worm
Freeze
Magic Bullet (disabled) - because overpowered

UTILITIES SETTINGS

However probabilities of utilities are not possible to be modified manually there are special externally applied probabilities with a fixed settings known as kaosmods. Below are the probabilities of each utility that are controlled with kaosmod4. At this point disabling Double Time is impossible, but it would help this scheme.

I ordered these long ago from Pisto giving him percentages of the roster that summed up to 100%. Imagine whole utility roster being 100%. In theory kaosmod4 used for official scheme (but as any other kaosmod) represents probabilities that should sum up to 100% and they are:

Fast Walk 25%
Laser Sight 25%
Low Gravity 20%
Crate Spy 10%
Jet Pack 10%
Double Time 5%
Invisibility 5%
Crate Shower (disabled)
Damage*2 (disabled)

However theoretically every 20th utility crate is Double Time is still affects the scheme in undesired way.

This changelog contains few changes done after publishing original post.

The Laser Sight was meant to be turned off, but it will eventually stay in the scheme, otherwise unbalanced probabilities caused too much mobility available.

You can download this scheme here --> https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-4151/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 05:25 PM by Dream Trance »

Offline Lupastic

no nana bomb, ming vase o: this is starting to look like an NNN version of intermediate, a NERFED NNN Kaos mod :D

Offline Dream Trance

These are completely different schemes. Development heads in a way that tries to make kaos more skill dependant while still keeping the dynamic spirit and not being just a noob-multishooter.

Let me name just a few differences between Kaos and Intermediate:

Intermediate is a fixed weapon set scheme, where you have to plan a one-weapon successful / tactical action every turn and manage your stuff effectively. Each round is a separate mini-match.

Kaos is a crate-based scheme, but you usually have to collect, attack and make the right decisions much faster than in Intermediate if you want to succeed. It is also highly important to manage your weapons effectively. Due to stockpiling kaos is a whole match-process. It is a much more dynamic scheme, but mistakes are usually punished in the same way as in Intermediate when playing on a high level.

I recall it was you who preferred to having stockpiling off so it would be more like Intermediate :)

Offline Lupastic

reddit.com/wooooosh, you missed the joke :c

why are you so afraid from the idea of having no stockpiling in Kaos scheme btw? ::) you, and the other 5 kaos players on tus.
just asking out of curiosity, you could never play the scheme like that? :P
for me, it's ok to play with stockpiling, when hurz, sibasa is asking to play the TFL kaos scheme as it is intended with stockpiling, just asking the other way around, you would NEVER dare to play kaos like that EVER? :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 05:29 PM by Lupastic »

Offline Dream Trance

Personally I never said I'm "afraid" to play it without :) I just don't like the idea of kaos being a one-round scheme. What is more I think that it's much more difficult and much more exciting to play it with stockpiling, because weapon management in the longer run is not as it is within one round. Since kaos is not a one-round scheme, but a process why should we make it something else? Personally I have nothing against playing it without it, just that it would be easier and less challenging plus the winner will always be more random.

Anyway why would you want to lose all the weapons that you have collected?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:01 PM by Dream Trance »

Offline Lupastic

I hope I will live long enough to see a bo3/bo5 Kaos cup without stockpiling one day :( :D

Ok, go ahead with this. :P

Offline Dream Trance

But I don't understand what's the point of playing such designed scheme bo3 / bo5 then if it's basically a one-round match after all then? I think that playing a crate-based scheme when your collecting means nothing in the long term makes advanced tactics pointless. It's much easier to plan a one-round match without having to worry if your opponent will collect more than you and outrun you later on, but to prevent this and put pressure yourself to avoid an opponent from collecting much. Resetting weapons each round is against better players who will be better at collecting and favourizing those who just wish their weapons to reset next round, because they know they will lose every following round (having no plan how to collect good for example).

Offline Dream Trance

Important update: we are testing a scheme still to check various scenarios. If it is confirmed that there tend to be more mobility available than expected - there might be Laser Sight re-introduced before the league-season starts. This change will be done to re-balance probabilities of other utilities (mostly to reduce Jetpack and Low Gravity probabilities).