Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:18 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Complaint / Question  (Read 6005 times)

Offline RIP

Re: Complaint / Question
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Dial the 50 people who have played or are playing league and create new rules from the views of all! these players.
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline Husk

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 11:52 AM »
toi vitun sääntö on kyl aika syöpää |: jos käyn paskalla ku viholline laittaa shopper kartan, tuun takas koneelle ja painan valoa ku se on venannu mua 5 minsaa, sit laitan mun madot ja rupeen naruttaa ja huomaan että vittu tää kartta on iso, nii on liian myöhästä kysyä uutta karttaa? jotenki tuntuu että kärpäsestä tehdään härkänen, surr ja kartan vaihto ja toiminta jatkuu

Offline nino

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 12:33 PM »
toi vitun sääntö on kyl aika syöpää |: jos käyn paskalla ku viholline laittaa shopper kartan, tuun takas koneelle ja painan valoa ku se on venannu mua 5 minsaa, sit laitan mun madot ja rupeen naruttaa ja huomaan että vittu tää kartta on iso, nii on liian myöhästä kysyä uutta karttaa? jotenki tuntuu että kärpäsestä tehdään härkänen, surr ja kartan vaihto ja toiminta jatkuu

Lfmao dude!!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 01:21 PM »
Time to remove hysteria and shopper from classic! :D
+1 man! genius!

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 03:34 PM »
Why is there some common sense thing for ttrr, and roper?

The fact that you said that is proof you have a biased point of view.

Your opinion is that they are not allowed in most scheme, and that's obvious, but they are allowed in shoppa? O rly?

I have never seen a big map in classic league... my point is not that they should not be allowed, but they should be agreed on... (it should be the host job to inform everyone involved in the game, not my job to measure the map, and make sure it's the proper amount of pixels, wake up sen.)

I had no idea it was a big map until I started playing man, I had no way of knowing just because people placed worms that's stupid.. and I'm not going to grab a ruler, and measure all maps before I place my worms from this point forward (because that is exactly what your suggesting right? Considering I have no way to know prior to lighting.. only way to truly know for sure is too measure)

So in summary, your biased opinion is that big maps are not allowed in most scheme, due to common sense, but they are allowed in some due to maps existing in said schemes. And to top it all off, if I light, I accept, regardless of unforeseen circumstances?

Well, thanks for your truly shitty MOD opinion... any other mods wanna take a look here and voice their thoughts? MI, D1, barman?

Offline Senator

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 05:01 PM »
You still fail to understand that I'm just telling how I think the TUS rules are and what's the reasoning behind them. Stupid or not, to my knowledge big Shopper maps are allowed while Big RR maps in TTRR aren't. I've been saying from my very first post that both clans/players need to agree on the map.

And you are totally ignoring how this could be abused: you fail a turn / worm placement and then start requesting a normal size map. Btw I checked that clanner game. I don't know about you but I noticed right away that the map is much higher than a normal map.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:57 PM by Senator »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 05:21 PM »
This is how the map looks like in the lobby:

There are empty spaces on both sides of the preview, which is clearly saying that's not a normal sized map. Big maps could fit all those spaces if they have the same aspect ratio, but then the game will give you the big map warning.
So you (and Aladdin) failed to notice the map doesn't look normal-sized, you teleported your worms, played your first turn and then started complaining?

i just realized that senator is a mod??? lol.. or was that some sort of typo by monkeyisland??

i want another opinion from a different MOD.

Well, thanks for your truly shitty MOD opinion... any other mods wanna take a look here and voice their thoughts? MI, D1, barman?

I find your attitude "pretty shitty". First you belittle Senator then after he states the rules you demand another mod. Are you an unhappy customer and you aren't happy with the service? So we must switch mods until one of them agrees with your point of view?

Senator is doing a fine job as a mod. He's actually doing more than I expected.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline reN`s

• I am ren just ren the ren instantly ren

• Chile Chile
  • ICB ICB clan
  • rM rM community

• About it what do u want? Its just a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 05:39 PM »
delete the stupid shopper from classic league lol who like this scheme is too bored to play rofl and fixed ! xD

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 06:23 PM »
This is how the map looks like in the lobby:

IMAGE GOES HERE

That, and also in advanced settings you can request to always give a warning about a color map, causing to display it's size in pixels.

EDIT1: It's called Map memory warning
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:32 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline avirex

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 08:03 PM »
1) you don't think it's possible to make a color map that is narrow? Because that's what I thought it was from the lobby, a narrow map. There is nothing wrong with a narrow map (well at least not a reason for me complain) people host elites on maps that at times are way too narrow, and if they were in .png format they would have gaps on both sides on the lobby, but you won't find me here complaining that issue...I really don't see how some empty spaces mean it's clearly a big map... looks like MOD number 2 doesn't have a clue what he's talking about

2) I have been back a week, and I'm playing on a aptop that I'm not familiar with screen size or res....if either of you watched the game you would see thht even after my turn I asked "is this a big map?" So all the evidence points to me not knowing... no body else took a turn but me, and I attacked. You could then say "well people could then say you had a bad tele, or bad crate" or you could go watch the replay and see that was not the case.

3) MI my quotes clearly showed I was surprised by his MOD title, so much so that I thought you could have made a mistake... I'm only looking out for you, and the well being of Tus. It could be a bad situation if you made a mistake of that caliber, or worse, someone hacked the site.

Also I never asked to switch mods, as in get a new MOD that can handle the job.. I'm sure generally senator does a fine job (just not in this scenario)  I asked to get another opinion from another MOD.

I don't know why I bothered, because I recall situations in the past, you MODS generally all stick together.. even if the entire community knows the original ruling was horrible, the MODS stick together. After all we wouldn't want to "belittle" anyone

4) can you find me a reason I would not ask for another MOD. And show me how he did it a good job. He himself only copy and pasted some rules, told us all his biased interpretation of the rules (which schemes he feels are obvious to allow big maps and which are not) and then rather then making a ruling with my specific game in mind he just said vague shit like "people could say you had a bad crate or bad tele" so let's throw the facts of the visible proof (replay) out the window, and let's worry about what people could say? Interesting approach to this MOD job, wouldn't ya say?

5) clearly the 2 of you think that I should either watch for the small details in the lobby, ask "is this a big map" prior to each game, measure the map before I place worms, or just know from first glance, ignoring different reasons on why I wouldn't. Rather then the most obvious, thing to do, which is....

"the host must make any unforeseen details clear to opponents before the game starts, or the game is  subject to being void"

That's like me hosting a game with the power of zook up in a rope game, then saying "welllllllllll light means they accept, check rules gg "

See how some people might think that's unfair?

At this point I don't care about the game... but I think me, and many other people would be interested in a rule change... I don't think anyone is asking to ban big maps, but you should be made aware of it before the game starts. Most people would think that's obvious, but because certain mods like to ONLY refer to rule books, rather then game to game situations, while using rule book as a guideline.. and because there is at least one player not mature enough to tell people what's going on.

There needs to be a rule change.

PS: sorry post is long, but I just want to point out MI , that if you believe it was such an obvious thing in the game lobby, how come dainub and lalo were tricked as well? A combined 30+ years of experiences were all tricked into accepting a game we otherwise wouldn't.. and mods see not a damn thing wrong? It's blowing my mind
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:10 PM by avirex »

Offline nino

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 09:53 PM »
nice komo's post and talking about komo if MI in the past, had allowed komo to be a MOD nothing of this would be happening cos he would use the common sense, brb 5 years!!! huahuahuahua
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline ANO

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 09:59 PM »
take some effort to make things shorter. porco dio, ma non avete un cazzo da fare?
https://translate.google.com/?hl=it#it/en/porco%20dio%2C%20ma%20non%20avete%20un%20cazzo%20da%20fare%3F

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 11:04 PM »
Senator is generally a good MOD, but both him and MI are being extremely dumb right now considering the circumstances and evidence.

Just make the new rule, keep people happy, or keep making lame decisions as MODs and keep killing the community.

Offline avirex

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 11:05 PM »
Sometimes you have to cover all the bases, for people to understand, and hopefully see things clearer.

What's worse though, me typing a long post, because it's something im currently involved in, or you having absolutely nothing to do with this thread, yet coming here to read it, comment, then copy and paste your comment to google translate, then copy and paste your link under your comment...

Sorry cool dude pig god, but I think you just won the "I don't have anything better to do" contest

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 11:11 PM »
On an unrelated note, this would make a nice 3.8 update extension, a notification if the map is a large map or not.

It's quite easy to see if a map is large map, I can always spot them, but some other people are not as good at figuring it out i guess, and a prompt would be nice for them.