Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:01 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game #189513, reported by vesuvio  (Read 4079 times)

Online vesuvio

Re: Game #189513, reported by vesuvio
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 08:45 PM »
watch this its no darkside
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:50 PM by vesuvio »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 09:08 PM »
He can be hit with nade yeah, but he cannot hit style with a nade so it is a darkside hide no?

A darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade. Simply teleport/move to another position. [...]

I only looked at the replay once but I think vesu only did 20 damage to style while in an illegal position. So for it to be fair he would have to win by more than 20hp

Online vesuvio

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 09:14 PM »
wich time there cant be illegal spots as long there are infitive tels zooks nades 0o u can always open or shotgun open i mean
darkside sounds for me like rly usen 5torches into the ground, BUT IM NO BNG EXPERT its my view
the bng wants u to always have a clear attack field on the opponent ?

but u can work with ur weapons also have a tactic but its just my view n othen fin

still i think its no darkside hide at all if i can hit him (the worm in the darkside hide so me ^^)with 1 nade like i did
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:20 PM by vesuvio »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 10:01 PM »
spleen that rule means it has to be both for it to be darkside, the reason being is because people get pushed into position where they cannot hit with nade many times but can still use wind, you can't punish someone just because they got hit, and having a valid wind to shoot them should still count.

Basically means if you can't hit them with a grenade or be hit with a grenade (meaning both at same time), THEN it's a darkside.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:04 PM by Komito »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 10:03 PM »
then shouldn't it say AND instead of OR?

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 10:04 PM »
then shouldn't it say AND instead of OR?

I edited my post btw, had to add that last part.

Another way to explain it would be like, if one player can hit the other with a grenade it's ok, but if both players can't hit each other with a grenade, it's darkside.

Like I said, if the rule meant how you interpret it, then that would mean most shots where the worm is pushed into a horrible hide is a forced darkside.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:07 PM by Komito »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 10:09 PM »
watch this its no darkside

vesuvio, seriously, WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON?? What kind of replay is that? For starters, the worms are supposed to be anchored... I can't even...

Online vesuvio

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 10:37 PM »
nah i just uploaded the wrong replay srys
and ye for the nade throw i didnt anchored the worms , does this make a difference to the nade throw ?

if ye ur replay still shows it was not a darkside hide
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:41 PM by vesuvio »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 10:40 PM »
Oh right, I see what you mean. A clearer way of saying that would be:

"A darkside is considered a place where you can neither hit OR be hit with a nade." 

But this is exactly my point with this scheme, I have an English degree and fail to understand the rules, and yet someone like Vesu with limited English is expected to understand it perfectly :)

Online vesuvio

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 10:46 PM »
i could use an dictonary or waste bit more time on my sentences if u rly have problems to read a sense out of what i say  :P
did understand bng rules. its just no darksiding, if u can hit the hide with 1 nade,zook. or are able to destroy the hide in less than 3turns.

u rly want me to learn english now :S nice

Offline style

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 10:50 PM »
its just no darksiding, if u can hit the hide with 1 nade,zook. or are able to destroy the hide in less than 3turns.

You just described what a darkside hide is. LOL

Online vesuvio

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 10:54 PM »
i think its ur imagination . all of ur hides were not open to hit. should i say they are darkside hides ? no u d say its no darkside hide .. what about ur hide left on map beyond the grape stern and next to some other parts of map wich made it even better hide , isnt that darkside ?

oh ok i hide behind a big cactus now u got to throw a nade above the cactus or get the way free in 2shots ....

Offline avirex

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 12:13 AM »
lol komo... your interpreting the rules how you think they should be? or what?...

i think it is meant to be how it was written... "if you cant hit with a nade OR be hit with a nade".... not AND...

spleen was right the first time, i believe...

when your worm gets pushed into a darkside spot, i think its just an un-wirtten rule if you get wind, you can take the shot... you cant force a worm to teleport, rather then take a zook shot if you pushed him into the "darkside" spot... but once you dont have wind, you can not just skip, or toss nades to water, etc... you have to tele.

but, thats all besides the point...vesuvios hide was for sure a darkside...  he could not hit with a nade, or be hit with a nade..  does that mean he could not hit with a nade if he had teleported?? of course not... would be stupid to say "its not a darkside, he can hit if he teleports" or "its not a darkside, he can open me with a couple of good zooks" this is damn bng, not hysteria...

however, the last shot was not a sitter, it was legal...

im not even sure how anyone can argue if that's a darkside of not...  in my opinion, there is no question...

the only real question is, will mods think the darkside is enough reason to void the game.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 12:28 AM »
It's what I said it is because every player I have ever played who has been pushed where they cannot hit back with a grenade would be darksiding for trying to use bazooka, and I have played countless games where the player has sat doing exactly that, sitting waiting for wind to zook.

A darkside is only a true darkside if either player can't hit each other no matter what they do, both players must be able to somehow hit each other for it to be ok, whether it's a bazooka or a grenade, if player A can hit player B but player B can't hit player A or vice versa, then it's a darkside.

I am saying this isn't a darkside because they can both hit each other, vesuvio with zooks and stylez with zooks and nades.

If a MOD voids this game because of vesuvios hide, then not only are they completely stupid and shouldn't be a MOD for BnG, they should go back and void every single BnG where people have hid like this, and i'll say this, i've won at least 10, including clanners, where people have hid like this and i've managed to kill them easily.

Just to be clear, hiding like vesuvio did is like the most stupid thing you can do in a BnG against a good player.

Offline avirex

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 04:12 PM »
he teleported to a darkside hide. thats a fact... your stretching the rules to fit your views, and how you think they should be. with your set of fairy tail rules komo, there is absolutely no such thing as a darkside. ("nope, watch this replay.. if you teleport to position x, you can throw one, 5 second nade, with max bounce, and a low angle, if you bank off that one pixel, you have a chance to hit him for exactly 3hp!! its not a darkside")

with a teleport, you get 1pro, and 1 con...  pro: being you get to change location, to a desired hide... con: being that you forfeit your turn, and can not attack.

so why should vesuvio be able to teleport to a hide that forces stylez to teleport, and forfeit his attack? its not fair, its a darkside.

the only question, as i said before, is if the mods think the darkside is worthy of a void game... (even if komo thinks they will be 'completely stupid')