Forums
May 12, 2024, 11:46 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] #103445 and 103444  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: #103445 and 103444
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 05:00 AM »
Franz when you say first to two wins in no way can it be confused for best of 3.

what??? XD

FYI:  first to 2 wins IS bo3 !!!

bo3 =  best of 3 games = max amount of necessary wins is 2 = first to 2

unless its just a typo or something  :-X

Ok smart guy, you think im stupid? Umn they are similar in the amount of games played but imply different things and have different meanings. FYI a best of has always implied a series to determin a win. I see that went over your head.

aw goodie, drama time, I'll just take everything you said literally, "just cuz":

1) t for the compliment

2) not necessarily, I dont know you

3) "first to 2 wins" and "bo3" imply exactly the same thing, not something similar, 100% the one and the same

4) the-fyi-thing:  ofc it went over my head since I'm apparently so much inferior to your incredible mental capacity but allow me to remark that considering there is no trophy for  a 2-0/2-1 in TUS leagues, a "first to 2 wins" game instantly implies  games for a single win, since no other single goal exists to be won. Only thing to complicate this would be a language barrier or a "foggy" (aka not crystal clear) conversation before the games as to the exact nature of the 1v1.

Enjoy

Ok, whatever bud. I don't know what invested interest you have in this complaint but I'll try to explain further.

First to two wins means that you play until someone gets two wins. Its like asking before a game if you want to play 2 games, 3 games, or whatever. Its setting up the match. Normally you play 2 games, but asking for first to two wins is saying in case there is a tie after 2 games you play a third.

Best of 3 or best of 5 comes directly from sports and is different in its meaning. If its a best of 3, you need to win 2 games in order to get the win and move on. It's a series. So in our application, you need to win 3 games in order to get the win. In every single application of a best of series, from tourneys to cups to free league, a best of always means one win.

Just to clear things up, I'm not asking for any trophys.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:50 AM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58 AM »
I told him to report his 3 wins, and I'd report my two wins, told him the bo5 was more for a mental thing.

You told me that tus doesn't allow best ofs and that is why we had to report like that. This isn't a complaint about you Dev, it was a complaint whether best of series were allowed or not. No fault of your own, but, you misunderstood the rules and I am glad we got it cleared up and that best of series are allowed on tus. Cheers, have a good night.

P.s Just to clarify; I said I didn't care about tus because this was clearly a series to see who was the better roper because you were talking so much shit in the funner we were playing. I would have gladly owned your ass for fun, I didn't need it to be for tus. It would be seriously hard for you to find any tus game I have played where I have been arrogant or disrespectful. Even on losses I always say gg and will usually thank them for playing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:24 AM by Dub-c »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 06:14 AM »
Dub is right but I think TuS has the layout of Bo games wrong.

Like, for example, they are playing Bo5, for 1 win, if it was 3-2, then reporting only 1 game is pretty bad because you played 5 games, you should be able to select "Best of 3/5/7/xx" so you can report all the games, but you won't have a loss against you, if you won the series.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 06:16 AM »
Dub is right but I think TuS has the layout of Bo games wrong.

Like, for example, they are playing Bo5, for 1 win, if it was 3-2, then reporting only 1 game is pretty bad because you played 5 games, you should be able to select "Best of 3/5/7/xx" so you can report all the games, but you won't have a loss against you, if you won the series.

Can just upload all the replays . . .

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 03:01 AM »
So what is happening here. It was a best of 5. Dev was the one that asked for a best of 5 (saying it was more of a mental thing is a joke). MonkeyIsland stated that best of's are allowed. Either his reports need deleted or my report needs deleted so I can report the 3 wins.

Offline franz

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 04:02 AM »
we could just leave it as 1 game to report if dev agrees to it, but judging from his reply, he doesn't seem interested. you could ask him again nicely though. if all else fails, feel free to report your other two replays separately, and then they'll be counted.

considering how much misunderstanding took place here, let this be a learning experience going forward. be extra clear before games begin, otherwise this could happen again.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 07:52 AM »
considering how much misunderstanding took place here, let this be a learning experience going forward. be extra clear before games begin, otherwise this could happen again.

Or, since you are a MOD, and a MOD has the power to "fix things" you could fix it? Instead of letting it remain there? No offence but I feel that's a pretty bad attitude to have, kinda "let's just leave it and learn from this mistake..." And sorry if i've got you wrong?

I mean personally speaking, likewise with my BnG screwup, I just gave up cuz I don't exactly have anything to prove...

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 10:14 AM »
To MI:  in TUS, simply have 5 replay slots for uploading while reporting and thats that.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Okay bo5. Just leave dub's win I mean amped's o I meand jhonnys ooooo ok gg.

ah noooo wait! he won the first, i won the next two, he won the next two, so dub report the other two wins, and that's it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:25 AM by Devilage »

Smoking proud.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31 AM »

Or, since you are a MOD, and a MOD has the power to "fix things" you could fix it? Instead of letting it remain there? No offence but I feel that's a pretty bad attitude to have, kinda "let's just leave it and learn from this mistake..." And sorry if i've got you wrong?

I mean personally speaking, likewise with my BnG screwup, I just gave up cuz I don't exactly have anything to prove...

Ok bng komo's story and maciej fr story there we have a real thread to hf with.

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 10:50 AM »

Ok bng komo's story and maciej fr story there we have a real thread to hf with.

Pffft, please, my videos way better than his xD