Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:16 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Review  (Read 5846 times)

Offline xSniperx

[SOLVED] Review
« on: June 14, 2017, 09:13 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-220097/

As far as i'm concerned this is a joke.

Offline Senator

Re: Review
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:08 AM »
I recommend both of you to read the rules ;) https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/rules/#BnG32

Girder can be used for anything, not only for banks. That hide was not legal cos it was too close to Sniper. The min distance in 1v1 is half of the map's width size so Free was around 200 pixels too close. Free was in the centre of the map so it's easy to see that he is too close even without measuring.

Teleporting to the lower part of the map is fine if you do it the right way (open first, then teleport), like I did here ;D https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-219382/

I need to still discuss with MI about the decision.

Offline Free

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Oh cmon with your pixel meter Senator :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 09:11 AM »
The min distance in 1v1 is half of the map's width size

This rule can easily be used in negative way.
For example: 1st turn your opponent tele's in the middle.
So your only choice is to go on the end of the map, without possibility to move to better hide.
And if the end of the map has no hide spots, you're fkd before game even started.

Offline Senator

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 09:17 AM »
This rule can easily be used in negative way.
For example: 1st turn your opponent tele's in the middle.
So your only choice is to go on the end of the map, without possibility to move to better hide.
And if the end of the map has no hide spots, you're fkd before game even started.

Yep the rule is flawed in that regard. The last time I had that discussion was 2 days ago in a clanner vs Komo and Chelsea. That flaw has nothing to do with this case, though. Free had plenty of room to go.

Offline Senator

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 11:11 AM »
That min distance rule for 1v1 is too much tho. It leaves only 1/2 of the side available for both players. 1/3 should be enough.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 11:59 AM »
To avoid arguing about position distance, maybe just divide map in 2 pieces and allow players to move freely on their sides. Make it more fort like.

100-200 px of the middle will be lost, but fk it.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 12:19 PM »
To avoid arguing about position distance, maybe just divide map in 2 pieces and allow players to move freely on their sides. Make it more fort like.

100-200 px of the middle will be lost, but fk it.

Yeah but then you'll end up with shit games with both players too close...

I think 1/3 of the map is perfect, even gives you the opportunity to switch sides if your opponent goes right in the middle and your back hides are all destroyed.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:19 PM »
The distance rule is stupid, it should be removed permanently.

You should be able to hide close if you want, it doesn't make it any easier/harder to hit by being closer, it's harder than it looks tbh.

Edit - Well, within your half I mean, when someone hides close like that at start.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 01:00 PM »
The only issue for me is hiding underneath, you say it's acceptable i'd argue why, only reason it has an underneath is because i like the maps that Mapgen produce, so you'd now say well that's your own fault for using the map. A) majority of map's don't have two layers B) the scheme was not made to be played on 2 layers C) he placed the girder over water to hide on it so surely a floating platform give someone an unfair advantage. Obviously from now on i'll have to edit my Mapgen maps and fill the bottom, If this was a close game and Free wasn't arrogant enough to claim what an amazing comeback this is i wouldn't of bothered raising the issue but in reality until he moved to what i deemed an illegal hide he would of had more chance finding a Big-mac in Ethiopia then winning this game.

I couldn't care less about the points but the rules seem too open for interpretation for my liking.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:02 PM by xSniperx »

Offline Free

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 03:12 PM »
The only issue for me is hiding underneath, you say it's acceptable i'd argue why, only reason it has an underneath is because i like the maps that Mapgen produce, so you'd now say well that's your own fault for using the map. A) majority of map's don't have two layers B) the scheme was not made to be played on 2 layers C) he placed the girder over water to hide on it so surely a floating platform give someone an unfair advantage. Obviously from now on i'll have to edit my Mapgen maps and fill the bottom, If this was a close game and Free wasn't arrogant enough to claim what an amazing comeback this is i wouldn't of bothered raising the issue but in reality until he moved to what i deemed an illegal hide he would of had more chance finding a Big-mac in Ethiopia then winning this game.

I couldn't care less about the points but the rules seem too open for interpretation for my liking.

Stop lying already. You said you were going to complain in-game already, before I beat you with my amazing comeback.

You made the f@#!ing map so stop complaining about it.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 03:34 PM »
Actually i said , We will check later. This is why we have a problem, Exaggerations.

Offline Free

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Actually i said , We will check later. This is why we have a problem, Exaggerations.

So your problem isn't my attitude of "amazing comeback" after all?

Most of BnG players....

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Girder can be used for anything, not only for banks. That hide was not legal cos it was too close to Sniper. The min distance in 1v1 is half of the map's width size so Free was around 200 pixels too close. Free was in the centre of the map so it's easy to see that he is too close even without measuring.

Continue the match with handicap at the time before the illegal hide. If free doesn't want to continue, it's a win for Sniper.

Regarding the "stupid" BnG distance rule, we'll have a discussion. But as for this game, we act according to current rules.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Free

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 10:12 AM »
He didn't even complain the hide being too close, it was just "too annoying", I asked him earlier in the game "can I tele here" He said "No" so I didnt. He didn't say anything about this hide. I had to take this hide, I had no else hides left.

Sniper can take the win. This is just bullshit.

Nothing personal. You have some SERIOUS thinking to do with BnG rules.

I mean even this distance rule is f@#!ing pointless, I'm forced to move into a sucky hide on my part of island because of a distance rule?

Do you judge anything besides the broken rule-book when making decision? I mean I wasn't that close anyways, I was basically in "my part of island" and he could just teleport the f@#! away instead staying there like a dumbass getting hit. I teleported ALL the time if hide got compromised.

Can't f@#!ing believe this.

I mean, look at the game, then look at the rule book and f@#!ing burn it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:30 AM by Free »