Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:39 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Review  (Read 5759 times)

Offline Rabbzz

Re: Review
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Yea thats simple and easy to follow

Offline Free

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 11:58 AM »
Sbaffo and I tested no rules bng and found the tele distance rule to be the most important rule, without it you can get a 30-40 hp lead and then teleport on the opponents head or right next to the worm.  It isn't really a stupid rule, it's the most important rule.  The total distance you can teleport is up for debate though, IMO.  You just can't do away with it entirely.

No rules Unanchored BnG? Just makes the most sense.  Many times the BnG map isnt 50/50 fair when it comes to hides, but with adding firepunch and shotgun, + unanch, you can build some sweet setups and teleporting on the head wouldn't be an issue?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:11 PM by Free »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Obviously I wasn't talking about taking away the distance rule so you can teleport on their head lol.

"stay on your half of the map" is perfect, we should change it to that.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 08:19 PM »
If the map is split into half then you shouldn't be too close to the middle.

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 10:56 PM »
I'm not sure if our notion of "ridiculously tight" is the same. Do you mean maps like https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-1105/? Maps like that aren't generally used in league games.

The maps people like daina, lalo, dibz, aladdin, Sbaffo, and a few others seem to pick pretty much every time these days.

Let me try and compare what that's like.

It's like, if I were to make my BnG maps even harder for my opponents to be able to shoot on, because my skill is so high that should give me a reason to right? It's their fault for not learning right?

So i'd make a map with hides specifically suited to people who have skills at using LG nades and trick shots, that other people are hopeless at, which is basically what you guys do, make the maps tighter for whatever f**king reason, which makes most people unable to even compete with you.

At least in BnG, people can compete with me, there is no f**king competition with you guys, cuz you f**king sucked it dry with your eliteness.

I don't understand why you are complaining about maps in TTRR. If you don't like the hoster's map, you just have to tell him to choose to any broader. Nobody can force you to play some kind of maps.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2017, 11:20 PM »
I don't understand why you are complaining about maps in TTRR. If you don't like the hoster's map, you just have to tell him to choose to any broader. Nobody can force you to play some kind of maps.

You make a good point there, but it isn't really the problem as I see it.

For me the problem is the mentality and attitude of rope racers(and ropers) today, go back even 3-4 years and you will still see people hosting on standard TTRR maps(like the wider fluffy/ninjacamel/doctashade ones.

The same thing has just happened to TTRR what happened to Roper many years ago, the maps gradually got harder and harder until everyone has to play on the tightest, most evil f**king map that only the best ropers are able to compete on, which would be fine if this was a buzzing community with hundreds of thousands of players, but it isn't....

How the f**k do you expect anyone to get into a game they can't even compete with?

You wonder why Shopper/Hysteria/Big RR/Elite are the most popular schemes now? It's because they are fun and competitive for every skill level.

For someone who has never experienced Worms before, watching like, dibz & Sbaffo play a TTRR must be what it feels like for a grandparent trying to use modern technology, it's just too much, mind baffling which makes it uninteresting and unappealing.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35 AM »
I would say the complete opposite is happening. It is probably harder to understand for you because you are elite at other schemes and wouldn't have the appetite to learn another scheme.

People rarely play ttrr's on non-linear maps now. I would much rather play a more challenging non non-linear map but understand the majority prefer a linear map. Whenever I host, I try to pick a map that isn't too tight with minimal obstacles and actively risk losing more.

Maps are simply becoming more linear.
I remember playing WL, cl2k and even FB games on maps like stratovarius, hermit, Krutgumman and DarkOne maps etc.

People are playing more AZ, Eminef, NAiL, Fluffy and they are way easier and more accessible than before.

Someone learning TTRR has got it easier now!

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Wow, what the f**k...

1st off, not trying to offend here but i'm pretty confident I know more about WA/the people that play it, and the things that have happened than you do(overall, ofc you know more about me in TTRR cuz u have more experience there), simply just because i've been, much more active than you overall since 1999, I read forums and spectate games of all schemes for years and i've seen changes you probably don't even know about, that i've probably even forgot myself by now lol.

I've never stopped playing for more than 1-2 weeks since 1999, whenever I get pissed off I just alias.

I'm actually pretty shocked you said this:

"wouldn't have the appetite to learn another scheme"

^^ Are you actually trying to insult me? Wtf...

Warming/BnG/Darts are the 3 things i'm known for, and I was amongst the very best at all of them, sorry what were you known for again? Oh yeah, only 1... Sure that's a bit cocky but seriously man, you've mastered only 1 scheme and you accuse me of not having the appetite to try other schemes?

I've played many various schemes extensively over the years, hooked to different things at different times, which include, Big RR - WxW - Forts - Bungee Race - Roper - Warmer - BnG - Darts - Hysteria - JpBnG  - Golf, those are the ones i'm pretty damn good at, I played Elite seriously for like 1 month in TEL and managed to beat some pretty good players.

I've played pretty much all schemes and enjoy them all though, except a few...

You are right, you don't see many non-linear maps, but that wasn't the point, my point is the top tier of TTRR players just keep picking really tight maps pretty much every time, it's honestly like beating up a 10 year old kid for you guys, you guys are really in a league of your own and those maps shouldn't be used imo.

"Someone learning TTRR has got it easier now!" - It's as hard/easy as it's always been, so that's wrong.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:38 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Senator

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2017, 08:17 AM »
If the map is split into half then you shouldn't be too close to the middle.

Do we need a rule for that or could we just leave it up to the host to pick a map where the middle is either erased or doesn't have good hides?

"The distance to the centre must not be less than 1/8 of the map" Nah. 1/8 is not simple enough ;D

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2017, 09:30 AM »
I opened the gates of hell here.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2017, 10:00 AM »
Nah lol

I don't know how Ryan feels about me, but I still think he's awesome :D

It's ok to have a little arguement now and again :P

Offline Sensei

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13 PM »
Plutonic already fulfiled most of our wishes (in MapGEN).
Maybe just ask him to change the code for generating BnG maps. Make them a bit wider, divided in 2 parts.

Not just that worms would be able to move free around their side, but players who like to notch will have hard time to do it cause different dimensions of the map. Which could surely make games more interesting.