8 (61.5%)
40, -30, double decrease amount for beatin low ranked
1 (7.7%)
40, -40, double decrease amount for beatin low ranked
2 (15.4%)
mixed all + formula
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: [POLL] Other possibilities of the league  (Read 1631 times)

Online MonkeyIsland

[POLL] Other possibilities of the league
« on: January 11, 2009, 09:09 PM »
These are 5 other possibilities of our league.
Please take a look and poll which must be applied.
Please post after your poll, that if the system must be changed in this season, OR the changes must go for the next season.

before you go on, the last stats which is by the formula, is not sharp. but close to reality. notice "face" was 9th in stats and he is 17th in the last. it refers to, he claimed he gained lot of points cause he was new in the second season.

STATS BY CURRENT SYSTEM

40 AND -30 POINTS AS BASE POINTS

40 AND -40 POINTS AS BASE POINTS

40 AND -30 POINTS AS BASE POINTS AND LOWER POINTS FOR BEATING LOWER RANKED (DOUBLE AMOUNT OF WHAT IT IS NOW)

40 AND -40 POINTS AS BASE POINTS AND LOWER POINTS FOR BEATING LOWER RANKED (DOUBLE AMOUNT OF WHAT IT IS NOW)

40 AND -40 POINTS AS BASE POINTS , LOWER POINTS FOR BEATIN LOWER RANKED, KEEPING YOUR OWN RANK FROM PREVIOUS SEASONS BASED ON SOME FORMULA
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Online Big Billy

Re: [POLL] Other possibilities of the league
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:21 PM »
i dont understand anything.
Is that bad?

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 11:23 PM »
i dont understand anything.
Is that bad?
same here heehe  8)

Offline Zemke

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:42 PM »
One question at the Intermediate scheme: If we play bo3 we always gain at a win 10points more. That will keep on all systems??

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Yea, Inter is an exception here.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 02:05 PM »
ok there  ;D

I prefer change the ranking not now.
Change it for the season #3  :-*

Offline chakkman

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 02:27 PM »
Hard to judge monkey... jackdaniels played too many games to say which one would work best. Seba and f4st also played at least double the games than the rest of the first 12 players.
1st of all i would suggest to limit the number of games per season (if u didnt do that already, im not so up to date with the changes here...). Otherwise i could play 300 games per season, loose 50% of them and still be 1st :P And limit the number of games vs the same player to 6 or somethg.
Actually i still prefer the point based system that cbc-wwp had for example. It seemed quite fair to me although there was also the problem of active players being high in the standings.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 02:33 PM »
go discuss about it in my post chakko :D
And i agree with you  :-*

Offline Zemke

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 03:09 PM »
If anyone plays much he gains more points. That also means: Activity gives points.

Maybe you gain not so much points at the 2nd, 3rd... match like the 1st.
That would be a good solution in my opinion! ^^

Offline pr

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 09:21 PM »
i vote now for increasing lose points and limiting games per day.

[offtopic]
e.g.
when i get 40 points from some scheme i'd like to see 40 points added to my rating, not 40/total schemes.  :) this would be moar accurate rating wudnt it?
[/offtopic]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:27 PM by pr »

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 06:48 AM »
@chakkman, I think backward. We have 2-3 unusual games played, and that's makes it easier to see how stats works in other ways.

@pr's [offtopic]
Other than visually difference, What's its point? Gives more self-esteem  ? XD

Offline pr

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 09:17 PM »
@pr's [offtopic]
Other than visually difference, What's its point? Gives more self-esteem  ? XD
well, points will be nonschemecountdependant then ^^
other point is visually difference))) yeah, it's more easy for me to watch my total points (i'm too lazy to count 40/7) =)