Forums
April 25, 2024, 04:36 PM

Poll

Next scheme for TRL?

Team17 (Again!)
Intermediate
Shopper
Zar Roper

Author Topic: A next TRL season scheme suggestion?  (Read 6635 times)

Offline Lupastic

A next TRL season scheme suggestion?
« on: May 02, 2022, 09:03 AM »
These schemes mentioned below (blast zone is an exception :D) are being hosted very frequently at #AG on a daily basis, maybe it would be a good idea to let the next TRL be one of those? It also might attract new players from wormnet to join and play here

Intermediate (bo3)
kaos (bo3, bo5?)
mole shopper (bo1)
shopper (bo1)
big rr (bo1)
A unique scheme: blast zone (bo1 or bo3?)

One of these could be the next TRL scheme after the current Team17 ends?

Offline vesuvio

Re: A next TRL season scheme suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 09:22 AM »
i vote for intermediate but its big long games scheme especially caves make a difference to island

Offline Echiko

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 09:50 AM »
Wow blast zone bo3 would be nice! Something new, something different, yes, I like that option very much!
This user cannot be contacted through PMs.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 11:24 AM »
Elite or just open tel

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 11:29 AM »
Elite or just open tel

Elite is not hosted in AG by anyone, but would be a good idea as well yeah : ]

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Forts or Mole or Mole Forts. There was an evident need to make Forts 3x times closer to each other in MF. Maybe some people would like it if the dynamics was speeded up there.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 12:41 PM »
I pick shopper.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 12:43 PM »

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 02:59 PM »
ELITE !!!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 02:59 PM »
i d be down for elite  :o

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 03:06 PM »
Elite would be nice as well, but no one hosts and plays it on wormnet as of now. it would get inactive very soon.
The list of schemes I tried to gather here are the most frequent ones being hosted on a daily basis in #AG. Elite is surely not one of them sadly
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 03:52 PM by Lupastic »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 08:58 PM »
ZaR Roper, or BIG zar RR.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2022, 02:25 AM »
I would enjoy playing Plop Gum, but the HostingBuddy version known as Rubber Plop War which has less abuse of Baseball Bat. However, I know no one would play that, because people only play Kaos.

I would play Blast Zone, just because it is part of the game, and I don't remember the last time I played this scheme.

Currently I'm more busy, so don't consider my opinions so much.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 02:28 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2022, 05:25 AM »
I would enjoy playing Plop Gum, but the HostingBuddy version known as Rubber Plop War which has less abuse of Baseball Bat. However, I know no one would play that, because people only play Kaos.

I would play Blast Zone, just because it is part of the game, and I don't remember the last time I played this scheme.

Currently I'm more busy, so don't consider my opinions so much.

haha I played this scheme a lot with UISxFighter (he created it, didn't he? early 2010's), pretty fun scheme, but not suitable for leagues imo

also, the schemes people host in #ag != the schemes league players would play in TRL, they have nothing to do
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2022, 05:40 AM »
haha I played this scheme a lot with UISxFighter (he created it, didn't he? early 2010's), pretty fun scheme, but not suitable for leagues imo

also, the schemes people host in #ag != the schemes league players would play in TRL, they have nothing to do

What are your points about it not being suitable for leagues? It is a scheme with no rules that would be easy to host a competitive event. It is fun as you said and 100% of the people who played this scheme with me liked it, some didn't want to rm, though.

There are situations that a player almost kill someone and then ends the turn near the water and the other player saves his worm from the death and kills easily the worm that failed to kill. But I think pro players would deal with this better. I really think this scheme has many tactics and possibilities that pro players would enjoy. I think this scheme is very well balanced and not so luck-based as some people may think. Collecting crates is easy if you dominate mole jumps (you can also self-hit pigeon to fly to the top again) and save your girders. Parachute is very useful if used well.

The only thing about this scheme that is not competitive is because nobody tried to make a cup or something with it, because I see a lot of potential in it. Maybe not for TRL, because TRL is focused on schemes that many people know and often plays. But I do think if someone hosted a cup of this scheme it would be a success, because it is damn fun and makes you laugh and think fast.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'