Forums
April 16, 2024, 03:04 PM

Poll

Next scheme for TRL?

Team17 (Again!)
Intermediate
Shopper
Zar Roper

Author Topic: A next TRL season scheme suggestion?  (Read 6551 times)

Online Lupastic

Re: A next TRL season scheme suggestion?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2022, 08:36 AM »
also, the schemes people host in #ag != the schemes league players would play in TRL, they have nothing to do

I think we shouldn't rely on a TRL where we would expect only TUS players to compete in it considering how a lil bit inactive TUS is : ] While I was still playing TRL:team17, I invited half a dozen new players from wormnet to this site, just so they could play with me. Then it's another thing that 98% of them didn't remain here.
But if there would be a TRL Kaos (bo3) or TRL Shopper (bo1) pretty sure if we would start hosting it on AG people would like to play with us, it could be explained that we are playing for this league, they should register here etc, new players would come. Because as of now in 2022 it seems to be Kaos is probably the most frequently hosted scheme ever. (I'm sad for this :(:D)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 09:15 AM »
Added a poll. If I missed a scheme, please let me know. 2 votes per member.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2022, 12:04 PM »
Shopper and Kaos

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2022, 02:41 PM »
Added a poll. If I missed a scheme, please let me know. 2 votes per member.

Aerial could get some votes, imo.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2022, 03:00 PM »
Bungee Shopper

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2022, 04:29 PM »
You can play ZaR Roper here: http://www.wormsroper.com/

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2022, 08:39 PM »
haha I played this scheme a lot with UISxFighter (he created it, didn't he? early 2010's), pretty fun scheme, but not suitable for leagues imo

also, the schemes people host in #ag != the schemes league players would play in TRL, they have nothing to do

What are your points about it not being suitable for leagues?

The only thing about this scheme that is not competitive is because nobody tried to make a cup or something with it

But I do think if someone hosted a cup of this scheme it would be a success, because it is damn fun and makes you laugh and think fast.

That was exactly what I was thinking. There has never been a cup for it, and players have barely ever heard about it before. Even when it might not be as luck based as other schemes, it probably still needs some balancing; for all we know, because it's never been tested outside funners.

Maybe a cup first would be better than just throw it in a league and see how it does, we don't even know if people would like it.

I think we shouldn't rely on a TRL where we would expect only TUS players to compete in it considering how a lil bit inactive TUS is : ] While I was still playing TRL:team17, I invited half a dozen new players from wormnet to this site, just so they could play with me. Then it's another thing that 98% of them didn't remain here.
But if there would be a TRL Kaos (bo3) or TRL Shopper (bo1) pretty sure if we would start hosting it on AG people would like to play with us, it could be explained that we are playing for this league, they should register here etc, new players would come. Because as of now in 2022 it seems to be Kaos is probably the most frequently hosted scheme ever. (I'm sad for this :(:D)

The point is, you can't really please everyone. Who would you rather please, the people that actually put effort in playing league games? or your casual AG players that you might never see again in your life?

IMO, the good part about TRL T17 was that the skill ceiling isn't necessarily as high as it could be in TTRR or other schemes, so rusty players could hop in and get the hang of it in a couple of games. At the same time, newcomers or rusty players didn't really have problems facing experienced players in a scheme where luck factor is big enough so you can always "have a shot".

It's interesting to see how TRL players are distributed depending on the type of schemes. According to TUS,

• Season 27 (ZaR) had 25 players (10 of them had more than 10 games)
  • Season 28 (80 Normal) had 13 players (only 1 of them had more than 10 games)
  • Season 29 (T17) had 54 players (23 of them had more than 10 games)
  • Season 30 (T17) so far had 26 players (12 of them had more than 10 games)

If you check the names of those players that played more than 10 league matches, you will barely find any new faces. People that keep an eye out for leagues are always the same... I understand perfectly where you are coming from, but it's really hard to make newcomers engage on leagues. Even more so, newcomers probably won't vote in the scheme choosing poll, so their likings aren't even being taken in consideration right now.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Online Lupastic

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2022, 09:34 PM »
The point is, you can't really please everyone. Who would you rather please, the people that actually put effort in playing league games? or your casual AG players that you might never see again in your life?

IMO, the good part about TRL T17 was that the skill ceiling isn't necessarily as high as it could be in TTRR or other schemes, so rusty players could hop in and get the hang of it in a couple of games. At the same time, newcomers or rusty players didn't really have problems facing experienced players in a scheme where luck factor is big enough so you can always "have a shot".

It's interesting to see how TRL players are distributed depending on the type of schemes. According to TUS,

• Season 27 (ZaR) had 25 players (10 of them had more than 10 games)
  • Season 28 (80 Normal) had 13 players (only 1 of them had more than 10 games)
  • Season 29 (T17) had 54 players (23 of them had more than 10 games)
  • Season 30 (T17) so far had 26 players (12 of them had more than 10 games)

If you check the names of those players that played more than 10 league matches, you will barely find any new faces. People that keep an eye out for leagues are always the same... I understand perfectly where you are coming from, but it's really hard to make newcomers engage on leagues. Even more so, newcomers probably won't vote in the scheme choosing poll, so their likings aren't even being taken in consideration right now.

You are right in this, my idea with this thread was that we should try taking into consideration what schemes are the most frequent ones to be hosted in #AG everyday. When I check AG and the schemes that people prefer to play in the past 1 year or so, I see the ones I mentioned in my 1st comment AND if we choose a scheme that is ok for active TUS players as well, it could work out nicely. Team17 with islands was a very good choice for one season, making a 2nd season of it didn't make sense for me, so I didn't even participate anymore.
I'm pretty sure TRL:Shopper would work just as nice because it's a simple scheme that almost anyone could play with or even bo3 Intermediate would work fine. Choosing a scheme like zar roper (I'm mentioning this because zar roper is at a tie and almost winning in the poll atm) would not work out at all because roper is not hosted in AG anymore, every now and then kradie or Echiko host it occasionally or 1-2 brazilian players from that "w2" clan/community. And as I saw that zar roper was in an earlier TRL already, and even there it wasn't so active. I think if we started a TRL with it now, it would have like 5 very active players, another 5 occasional players, and 10-12 players who are not even into roper too much. While a Shopper could be played by anyone ::) OG TUS players should be okay with it and actually there are very good Shopper players in AG who are not registered here yet. :)
And as you said "anyone has a chance there to beat top/pro players", as it was with Team17 islands, it could be favorable like this.

Blast Zone or this Plop Gum scheme would be nice but I think it would turn out to be the same inactive very soon.

Kaos is even more active than Shopper. It is truly the most active scheme now by casual players on wormnet. But yeah, not sure how it would work out in TRL. Here we don't play too much Kaos in Free League that's for sure.. :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 09:50 PM by Lupastic »

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2022, 03:19 AM »
Maybe walk for weapons with Jetpack and 7 seconds of Turn time? Or simply Wormopoly? I think it's about time we implemented it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:22 AM by GonZaLO »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2022, 08:10 AM »
Team17? I know there's been a boom recently in that scheme, but having it again.. Doesn't that collide with the whole name of the league? It's Rotation, not Repetition.

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2022, 08:33 AM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-98/

Warg's Mole Shopper is basically Team17 but in Mole setting. Granades take -45, blowtorch -15. All super weapons are there as well. Maybe this would be worth a try, being spiritual successor to current TRL?

Offline Rafka

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2022, 01:06 PM »
Intermediate ;d

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2022, 07:34 AM »
Poll is reset. Only the top options from the previous poll is set. Please vote again.

I will be reviewing the votes and remove votes from unknown members.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Echiko

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2022, 08:05 AM »
Noo my blast zone! 😄
This user cannot be contacted through PMs.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2022, 10:23 AM »
Would be fun with a league with only these schemes.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB