Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:23 PM

Poll

Which allrounder settings do you prefer?

24 (61.5%)
15 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Allrounder leagues results  (Read 3134 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Allrounder leagues results
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 12:08 PM »
wait this was ropa's idea?? i would vote whatever ropas idea was, because i too do not need a sample to know he was right all along

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 12:15 PM »
At least you can join me in this credit demanding cockfest, avirex, two of the three or so voices that sided with the idea and not against the character (the first time the logic behind this change was posted in this forum) are in your own founded clan. High give

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:19 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline barman

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Nobody answered my question :D

If intermediate gets picked in the playoffs, does it have to be played bo3?
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 04:12 PM »
It does.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Perfect

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 04:35 AM »
The first one isn't too nice for default players though. If shopper is picked by the opponent the rope-games outnumber the standard ones; and TTRR is mandatory.

In that respect, I'd personally prefer players to be able to pick any scheme (of any class).

Why do we have these classes btw? To prevent people from picking the same kind of schemes in P/O? IMO they are all quite different. Only the rope-games can be considered as different variations of the same principle (speed roping: TTRR, WxW, Roper). I don't think the classes fix that problem, certainly not the allround1 division.
I second that. Shopper/Team17 is a slap in the face. RR/Roper is a punch in the gut.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58 AM »
Allrounder 1 -> rope games
Allrounder 2 -> prefet defaults

so I vote for number 2  ;D

less rope schemes -> better for me ^^

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 01:21 PM »
better for me ^^

in what sense?

better for you as in helping you become a better wormer overall? nope

better for you as in helping you get more points per season? most likely

vote to make worms better, not to win the league, and then., maybe only then, democracy will work
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline franz

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 09:59 PM »
okay if this wasn't intended to replace classic, just know that two singles/clanner classic playoffs going on at the same time will increase pressure to arrange games, more than there already is.

Offline Husk

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 11:09 PM »
any news?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 06:30 AM »
Second one will get deleted.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 06:32 AM »
Maybe re-poll? only 39 ppl made pick :)

Offline barman

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 10:33 AM »
I hope the season 1 playoffs will start soon ;) There are only 47 days left till the end of the second season.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 12:19 PM »
Allround2 is removed even though I preferred it more :P
PO for Allround one has started.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 09:20 AM »
I realize the cake's been already shared but I'd still like to share my subjective opinion.

AR1
WxW/Roper - Mab's (or perhaps he meant TTRR/Roper, which is also true) mentioned diffrences in map layout which I totally confirm. Recently I've impromoved in roper but I cannot see that affecting my WxW games at all.
Team17/Shopper - hehe  ;D

AR2
TTRR/Roper - same story as with wxw/roper
Shopper/WxW - Look very fair to me. With average roping it comes down to clever weapons usage and piling.

Having that said AR2 has 1 missplaced class and AR1 has two.
--

Another nice option would be to play these playoffs BO3 and start with each player banning 1 class for this round, so that 3 classes would remain.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Yea. To me the biggest flaw in AR1 is the Shopper/Team17 class.