Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:50 AM

Author Topic: Big RR / Tower scheme - Separate them?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Big RR / Tower scheme - Separate them?
« on: September 18, 2020, 02:32 PM »
We were helping someone on Discord get the Big RR scheme and BAZA pointed out there is teleport in the official league scheme.

Now, it totally makes sense to have teleport in Tower Race, but it shouldn't be in Big RR. (TTRR doesn't have teleport)

They are 2 different styles of roping and tactics, 2 separate schemes with completely different map styles, so I don't see why they don't have individual schemes on TUS.

Also, with the addition of 3.8, i've been playing a lot of Tower Race with Anti-Sink on and people seem to think it's much better, so you only need 1 worm per team, that is a big of a drastic change though so I imagine people would want to try it for themselves, and discuss it before possibly implementing this.

Offline BaZa

Re: Big RR / Tower scheme - Separate them?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 07:38 PM »
Yes, welcome to discuss it and please give your arguments.
-baza-

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 02:21 AM »
Komo, I support the distincion but I never bothered since actual scheme has teleport because some big rr maps are/were made with plops and I understand that, they aren't the most popular but they exist. Instead I have separate schemes in my folder and nobody never ever complained about when I host without teleports.
I never play big rr with plops.
Example: https://www.wmdb.org/36658

Edit: The only way to standardize a scheme for big rr is to implement antisink or add a new rule that would forbid big rr maps with plops unless both players agree. If 1 don't agree the map must be a regular big rr map without plops.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:37 AM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline LilScrappy94

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 09:10 AM »
The only diff between tower and big/rr scheme should be teleport imo
Both schemes should use antisink, no more plop problem.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 11:39 AM »
Yeah Kaleu, that's pretty much what i've always done, I honestly didn't even realize this until BAZA pointed it out, also Big RR is a fairly new addition to TUS main league.

It always made me wonder playing on maps with plops, personally I would probably give up if I plop on a map like that with multiple worms because you lose one turn plopping, then you would lose another turn teleporting, and if you are up against anyone decent you have no chance of catching up, unless they are super kind and skip a turn for you lol. I'd rather just surrender and play another game with them.

I've never played Big RR as a league scheme though so i'd probably use maps with no plops also because it's unlike TTRR where you are given multiple attempts with unlimited time.

So yeah, I support the idea of adding anti-sink to both schemes, if you plop it still automatically teleports you to the last position you were grounded un-attached to rope, so it's still a punishment for falling.

The only diff between tower and big/rr scheme should be teleport imo
Both schemes should use antisink, no more plop problem.

Agreed.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I'd say forget Tower, when was the last Tower league game even played

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 01:14 PM »
In Big ZaR RR there are no plops. There are no parachute, only zook, rope, & batty to compensate for, and for the extreme climbs it can offfer.

Lol Rubber RR, beginners scheme :P

When you fail in BIg Z, you will hear the sound of AGONY!  :D
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 02:00 PM »
It's funny, because regardless of the scheme settings, it's extremely competitive at the highest level of skill for all players involved.

Every variation can be enjoyed equally by beginners and the best that has ever existed.

The difference is, if you play ZaR schemes you have to tolerate the David Brent of WA every day.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 02:10 PM »
It's funny, because regardless of the scheme settings, it's extremely competitive at the highest level of skill for all players involved.

Every variation can be enjoyed equally by beginners and the best that has ever existed.

The difference is, if you play ZaR schemes you have to tolerate the David Brent of WA every day.
That's the idea, the discipline, the punishment! The competitiveness of not to fail! I had lead over people who are better than me who just fails with no chute or zook themselves on every turn.   

But then again, it is just fun anyway.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Stick to the subject, ZaR has nothing to do with this.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 03:07 PM »
Stick to the subject, ZaR has nothing to do with this.
You indulged yourself & lost anyway hah!  ;D