Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:17 AM

Author Topic: Shopper, default scheme or rope scheme?  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Shopper, default scheme or rope scheme?
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 04:36 PM »
shoppa is both a roping, and default scheme... as a roper, i feel confident in going into that scheme and coming out with a win, and im sure defaulters feel the same way...

so whats is your arguement exactly?? you want everyone to say its a default scheme? thats not going to happen..  its a good mixture of both. as komo already said.

actually, old avirex, who was actually a roper and basically non factor in other schemes wouldn't feel confident about winning a shopper.
you might now, but you don't exactly only play ropers anymore.

don't lie about yourself to make a point.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline franz

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 05:46 PM »
I don't see why this is even a problem for Clanner Playoffs, Clans today consist of players skilled at different schemes, as an example, I am extremely good at BnG/Roper/Hysteria, pretty good at TTRR/Shopper/WxW, and around average at Elite/T17, other members are strong at schemes others are not, and usually cover all schemes for all clans.

When participating in PO all clans SHOULD have all members on standby as theres 8 legal schemes, so it shouldn't matter what rule there is for who picks what, I honestly feel that the most important thing about PO is who gets 1st pick, and the clan who put in most effort and played the best to win the Season deserves this.

I don't see an end to this discussion, and I'm left wondering if this rule is even needed. Again, I say just get rid of it.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 06:59 PM »
I think it was rather unfair to say that i couldnt beat vorlin in roper!  ::)

Offline avirex

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 02:14 AM »
ok old "ropa" if you feel the need for everyone to just say shoppa is a default scheme, even though rope is the primary factor of the scheme... then sure, lets just say its default... happy? lol... ur reminding me of how komo used to be... no offense komo.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 06:51 AM »
ok old "ropa" if you feel the need for everyone to just say shoppa is a default scheme, even though rope is the primary factor of the scheme... then sure, lets just say its default... happy? lol... ur reminding me of how komo used to be... no offense komo.

I don't see why you needed to bring my name into it yet again lol, besides ropa isn't wrong, and neither are you, you are both right and you are basically arguing just because the other person has a different perspective.

I personally feel the Rope is not the primary factor of the scheme, Shoppers used to be played without "roping" skills, the original Shopper scheme that comes with WA only has 5 ropes, and was played in cavern maps, and before that Shoppers were played without rope at all on previous versions of the game before w2, I remember playing a Shopper style game on the game boy, I am sure it was called "crates" which is the exact same thing it was changed to Shopper to sound cooler.

Put it this way, if someone who never played WA before played Shopper and Shopper only against good Shopper players, they would very quickly notice people using the rope to knock worms around, and they would practise this, and soon get good at it, then they would play a Roper or TTRR or WxW and might not even reach the crate, the finish or all the walls.

Rope is an important part of Shopper now, and ONLY because people put Rope in it, it's because more popular, Rope makes most things more interesting, Shopper doesn't even need Rope if you play on cavern maps, we (the players) have edited the scheme adding infinite rope, more weapons, totally upgraded the maps to the extent that most people don't even know Shopper used to be nothing like it is now, it's evolved, it takes alot of default skill and rope skill to be a top player at Shopper, but picking Shopper is almost laughable today anyway.

I'm sticking with it's a Hybrid scheme, because:

hy·brid
   [hahy-brid] Show IPA
–noun
the offspring of two animals or plants of different breeds, varieties, species, or genera, especially as produced through human manipulation for specific genetic characteristics.
a person or group of persons produced by the interaction or crossbreeding of two unlike cultures, traditions, etc.
anything derived from heterogeneous sources, or composed of elements of different or incongruous kinds: a hybrid of the academic and business worlds.

Shoppers today = Roper(cba/afr)/T17(use what weps you get) on custom maps perfected over the years.

But, now someone will disagree with me, try to point out why I am wrong even though I am generally right, and what they say will probably be right, and I will admit this, and try to point out both opinions are valid, and probably still get yelled at...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 08:00 AM »
ok old "ropa" if you feel the need for everyone just to say

in what point of your process of thought did you come to the conclusion that I'm doing this based on a personal need?
Just because you often seek for the comfort of affirmation from other people (because you are extremely insecure) doesn't mean everyone is that way.

I'm doing this because it's wrong, and I want it fixed. Your first post in this thread was a joke attempt implying no one cares about this, you went a long way from not caring to becoming a topic regular. How about you are coherent with your first comments and actually leave if you have nothing valuable to add other than attack me personally because your insecurity only allows you to take things personally.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52 PM »
hahaha, yes im insecure... u have reached down to the depths of my personal issues through the internet, imagine the good you can do in real life? lol  that may have been sarcastic...

and it was not saying it as a joke that "who f@#!ing cares" i was pretty serious  :(

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 06:33 PM »

and it was not saying it as a joke that "who f@#!ing cares" i was pretty serious  :(

Which only shows the kind of agenda you have here. You don't care about a topic but you still go out of your way to let people know your feelings. Either you're a troll, or you really care about people knowing your feelings (insecurity).

So sorry for choosing the second option, I might've been wrong, you're probably just trolling.

Hope you're happy, both answers mean you're a douche.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Online Peja

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 06:39 PM »

Which only shows the kind of agenda you have here. You don't care about a topic but you still go out of your way to let people know your feelings. Either you're a troll, or you really care about people knowing your feelings (insecurity).

So sorry for choosing the second option, I might've been wrong, you're probably just trolling.

Hope you're happy, both answers mean you're a douche.

its really funny seeing you masturbating  on yourself ropa, but if you bash the guy, i want to masturbate on, we got a problem
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline avirex

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 07:40 PM »
is it possible that im an insecure troll, all mighty ropa? but if anyone is a deuche at these forums ropa, its you... no need to tell your feelings for people to know that.. pussy boy.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2011, 08:01 PM »
@franz,
I did get rid of it.

@others,
I think you are bored now. Locked.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:09 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.