Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:33 AM

Author Topic: Clanner Calendar  (Read 681 times)

Offline TheKaren

Clanner Calendar
« on: June 29, 2018, 12:55 PM »
Was chatting with lalo, he said something which I thought was a great idea(so credit for this is to him).

Clanner Calendar.

General idea - Each month a new thread will open with a vertical list, e.g., 1-31(days of the month) and players will reply with times they are available to play.

This will only work if people take it seriously, make an effort and can commit to the times they post.

I will be posting them in dS forums so the thread can be moderated efficiently so it doesn't get messy and off-topic, it will be restricted to only posting a date and a timeframe you can play, and then post again to cancel it if you need to.

So let's say lalo posted and said "I can play Saturday 7th July between 8pm GMT and 11pm GMT"

I would add him to the list

7th July 2018:

lalo(TdC) / 7pm - 11pm GMT

People can freely browse, opt in or opt out, it would be nice if people interested in clanning again could make an effort with this, the more people that take it seriously and commit, the better this will work for everyone :)

Of course if there aren't enough players for that date planned, nobody will complain if you don't show up because you thought there weren't gonna be any players, if everybody is honest and straight forward, communicate clearly, it should be fine!

I hate to borrow a presidental quote, but let's make clanners great again!

Would love to get this integrated into TUS officially, so it didn't require daily work, but IMO it's worth it if it works.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 12:59 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Sbaffo

Re: Clanner Calendar
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 04:38 PM »
Wow what we have come to...

Offline Tomi

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 06:40 PM »
But it might work

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 11:26 AM »
I'm in quite few discord servers and something similar is how ppl get competitive games done.
For example insurgency and call of duty 2. Whenever someone wanna play, he joins one of the channels made for it and writes: @here for *whichever mode he wanna play*
Discords usually use commands @here and @everyone to notify all server members.

When they have enough ppl to play war, clanner, 1v1.. Or whatever - they start it.
This is probably easiest and most eficient way, but smth tells me guys here are not so keen on installing discord :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:17 PM by Sensei »