Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:47 PM

Author Topic: Could you please check this replay (did the player drop?)  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Zalo the moler

Could you please check this replay (did the player drop?)
« on: January 12, 2022, 10:39 PM »
With Danie we are having something that needs clarification. We were both playing a Mole match in league. He found clusters so he had quite an advantage and then, during his turn, the game froze on my screen (blinking red text on his nickname). It was going on for some time, so I wrote "lag?", it kept on blinking in red, then I wrote "hmmm...", it kept on blinking in red, and after a while the game dropped (worms put white flag). In the replay my two messages can be seen as sent instantly, I don't know if it proves anything or not.

Danie would like to know if I quitted or purposely disconnected. Is there any way, based on my and his replays to show that I didn't?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:07 AM by GonZaLO »

Offline danie

Re: Could you please check this replay (did the player drop?)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 10:50 PM »
With Danie we are having something that needs clarification. We were both playing a Mole match in league. He found clusters so he had quite an advantage and then, during his turn, the game froze on my screen (blinking red text on his nickname). It was going on for some time, so I wrote "lag?", it kept on blinking in red, then I wrote "hmmm...", it kept on blinking in red, and after a while the game dropped (worms put white flag). In the replay my two messages can be seen as sent instantly, I don't know if it proves anything or not.

Danie would like to know if I quitted or disconnected. Is there any way, based on my and his replays to show that I didn't?
I attach my replay here, just to know what happen there.
In my replay you can see that I finished a whole turn after Zalo, and then I kept waiting when it was Zalo's turn

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 11:53 PM »
Zalo would never quit, and he is the best moler ever born, so I dont even need to check replay to say RH

Offline danie

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 01:19 AM »
Zalo would never quit, and he is the best moler ever born, so I dont even need to check replay to say RH

No one said Zalo quit.

In fact, even though I was in a clear advantage over him I told him we could re do the game, that I did'nt care. But he decided to do this post.

This is more to know what happened because it was strange

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 01:32 AM »
I remember our conversation a bit differently, but that's not important.

Offline danie

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 02:17 AM »
I remember our conversation a bit differently, but that's not important.
I sent you via e-mail the screenshot of the whole conversation we had on snooper. You can post the pics here if you want; Maybe one of your cheerleaders can find a paragraph where I call you a cheater or an unfair player. But I highly doubt it ... everything is there

Offline Echiko

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 05:11 AM »
Guys I have not yet downloaded the matches  but if both of them show that, according to one opponent, the other lagged, then it is definitely a drop. Maybe not GonZalo, maybe not danie, but a network drop.
If GonZalo's messages appeared immediately to danie where he asked for lag, then it's sure a problem related to connection.

And in TUS rules there is written "let it lag out" because at the end the games generate a message of drop or something.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:20 AM by Echiko »
This user cannot be contacted through PMs.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 08:57 AM »
Another big mole disaster oh plz

Offline Echiko

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 01:28 PM »
From my noob point of view, GonZalo lost the connection.
From the logs, I can say this:

***GonZalo's replay***
[00:20:02.96] ••• Damage dealt: 34 to GOT (danie)
[00:20:02.96] ••• GOT (danie) starts turn
[00:20:05.00] [GonZaLO] lag?
[00:20:05.00] [GonZaLO] hmm
[00:20:05.00] *** danie is disconnecting due to network drop
[00:20:05.00] *** GOT (danie) forced out by disconnection due to network drop

[00:20:05.00] ••• GOT (danie) ends turn; time used: 0.74 sec turn, 0.00 sec retreat

***danie's replay***
[00:20:02.96] ••• GOT (danie) starts turn
[00:20:15.74] ••• GOT (danie) fires Paracadute
[00:20:48.24] ••• GOT (danie) fires Balestra
[00:20:52.34] ••• GOT (danie) fires Balestra
[00:21:00.42] ••• GOT (danie) ends turn; time used: 43.98 sec turn, 8.00 sec retreat
[00:21:05.70] ••• Damage dealt: 50 to ZaLO (GonZaLO)
[00:21:05.70] ••• ZaLO (GonZaLO) starts turn
[00:21:05.72] *** GonZaLO is being disconnected due to timeout on receive
[00:21:05.72] *** GonZaLO disconnected due to timeout on receive
[00:21:05.72] *** ZaLO (GonZaLO) forced out by disconnection due to timeout on receive

danie had all the time to send his moves to the host (to complete his turn to be short) and didn't receive GonZalo's messages. If GonZalo quitted, danie would have received those messages at the very moment GonZalo sent them. Moreover I think it is quite clear from the logs that GonZalo had a disconnection (for GonZalo it was danie who lost the connection, instead danie, still connected, can read the real message given from the server, that is, GonZalo simply lost his connection or something other happened and his game didn't receive anything from danie).
GonZalo probably saw danie beginning his turn (in the replay it is seen that danie took the bow) and that waited. Then he wrote the messages that the game shows as sent contemporarily. 

In short, I think GonZalo is telling the truth.
Moreover, game's logs cannot be modified in a replay, as far as I know.
And a quitted game shows the "disconnected due to quitting" message, furthermore, from my ragequitter experience :D when I quit a game, the replay simply ends, fades, without any particular message. GonZalo's one shows that danie's worms surrendered (lost connection).

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:41 PM by Echiko »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 02:06 PM »
one workaround is to unplug the ethernet cable from ur PC to simulate a timeout, but is actually a quit

Offline Echiko

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 02:14 PM »
Oooh I see, I have the wifi connection, but didn't know this could have been an option as well! :P

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 02:42 PM »
one workaround is to unplug the ethernet cable from ur PC to simulate a timeout, but is actually a quit

Pardon me, if I am wrong, but when one unplugs the ethernet cable, there is never any "waiting zone" on the host's screen. The host instantly has white flags and screen fading out, I don't think it's humanly possible to write 2 separate message in the exact same frame, in which white flags are being raised. 3 things would have to somehow instantly happen in the same frame.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 03:04 PM »
Zalo a professional quitter?

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 03:43 PM »
Zalo a professional quitter?

I don't mind losing to danie, I really don't. He once beat me 3 times in a row, he is an exceptional player.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 06:33 PM »
Pardon me, if I am wrong, but when one unplugs the ethernet cable, there is never any "waiting zone" on the host's screen. [...]

there should be one...? try using the ping cmd command with hundreds of packets and unplug ur ethernet for a moment and plug it in again