Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:29 AM

Author Topic: How to play league! (How to report?)  (Read 11921 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

How to play league! (How to report?)
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:39 AM »
    How to play

First find someone to play with! :D
    People normally ask like 'TUS anyone?' or 'TUS default anyone?' in worms channels, mostly in #AnythingGoes.
    At the moment, TUS provides the following leagues:

Tell your opponent what league you want to play. Both players pick one scheme.
    For example: Player 1 picks WxW and player 2 picks Team17. Players can pick the same scheme.
    The winner of each scheme comes to the site and reports the game.
    For example, if your game result was 1:1, Then you must report the scheme you won.

Allround league includes Default & Rope ladders. When you play Intermediate, you gain points for both Allround and Default leagues. And when you play Big RR, you gain points for both Allround and Rope leagues.
     - Default ladder: Aerial, BnG, Elite, Hysteria, Intermediate, Team17
     - Rope ladder: Big RR, Roper, TTRR, WxW, Shopper

The leagues have both season and overall standings. Each season is followed by playoffs. You can find season info HERE.

How to Report
    Goto the Leagues page, and click on "Report a game" on your action panel.
    OR you can goto your user panel. I have put a direct report link on your user panel.

In the report page,
    Always select the options from top to bottom, Because by selecting some options, Other elements on the page may change.

Choose how many players took part. Meaning was your game 1vs1, 2vs2 or 3vs3 ? (;D yea you can play 3vs3 games!)

If your game was a clanner select it in the game style select box. Was it single or Clanner?

Type in your buddies (If any) and opponents.
    Don't know his name correct spell? no problem at all!

Just type a part(even 1 character) of his name, no matter where that part is in his/her name.
    For example,  by the letters "io"  :
    System will give me :

Select the name from there, and you are relief from typing the name :)

If you have set the game style to clanner, Another field will appear to help you find your buddies and opponents easier.
    In this field, Select your opponent clan. When selecting them, Then buddies field and opponents field will change accordingly.

For example If you selected your opponents clan, The buddies field will show you only your own clan members and opponents field will show only the opponents clan members.

Select the scheme that you won.
    *Each player(Team) reports the scheme they have won.

Select who picked this scheme that you are reporting. Was it your opponent's pick or yours? Or it was both side agreement?  (Like a 3rd game)

There's 'Free Win' checkbox, if you check this option, You are asking for a free win and you won't need to upload the game replay. We allow free wins in special circumstances. So you better have a good explanation why you are reporting this free win.

If you dont' check the checkbox, Then it is a normal win and you have to upload your game replay.
    Choose your game replay from your hard drive.
    Why there are more than 1 place for replay uploading?
    If you agreed with your opponent that you play a bo3 game OR somehow you finished your game in 2 or more replays. (Someone crashed or something).
    Upload all the replays.

*Your game replay is located at: /Worms Folder/user/games/

The last option is "More games to report".
    If you select yes, The report page won't redirect you to the recent games, Instead you will be redirect again to the report page which you can report other games.
    If you select no, You will be redirected to the recent games page to see your games.

Click on Report and you are done!

So to sum up :
    You can play :

1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 single games.
    2vs2, 3vs3 Clanners

Go nuts ;)[/list]
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 03:33 PM by MonkeyIsland »
    Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline pr

Re: How to play league! (How to report?)
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:46 PM »
    kewl :D
    but who reports if 1:1?
    and how to report if we played 3 games?
    btw players in clanners can change from one game to another, they are not constant.

autosuggesting player's name is nice :] but would be nicer if u add combobox with all players in league
    btw max 5 players in autocomplete?

btw u should add "download" section and "rules" section. download section is more neccessary now, because of proper schemes for league games :)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:55 PM by pr »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 02:51 PM »
    gj monkey :)

one more thing though, it shouldnt be autpmatically chosen if u play a clanner or not because when 2 ppl of the same clan play 2 ppl from the same clan it could also be meant as a 2vs2 game, not as a clanner.

Offline pr

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 04:25 PM »
    aw, why cant i modify my own message?

would be also nice if i see points won/lost in each game :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:50 PM »

Both sides can. Only the one who lost 0-2, Can't.
    If you mean by 3 games, DoN ? Then I gotta say in DoN (Double or Nothing) , then one which beats 2-0 reports. forgetting that he/she/they lost in one of those 3 games.

btw players in clanners can change from one game to another, they are not constant.

Well honestly I didn't think of that when coding. System will record players playing it every kind. Until I change it, People can't change their buddies in clanners.

autosuggesting player's name is nice :] but would be nicer if u add combobox with all players in league
    btw max 5 players in autocomplete?

btw u should add "download" section and "rules" section. download section is more neccessary now, because of proper schemes for league games :)

Auto Complete is the fastest way I think. When coding the site I was thinking like site will get lot of members registered and showing all of them wasn't really nice.
    I limited it to 5 people because it shows faster, If it was more you had to wait more seconds for it to show.

Download and rules are a must. I'll get into that.

aw, why cant i modify my own message?

would be also nice if i see points won/lost in each game :)

My experience told me that some members will totally change what they had said before. So i set a limit time for editing message. Maybe I can increase that ;)

and yea I will show each point gain/lost in each game.

one more thing though, it shouldnt be autpmatically chosen if u play a clanner or not because when 2 ppl of the same clan play 2 ppl from the same clan it could also be meant as a 2vs2 game, not as a clanner.

Nice! That's actually a bug :D I'll get into it!
    Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline pr

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 06:26 PM »

If you mean by 3 games, DoN ? Then I gotta say in DoN (Double or Nothing) , then one which beats 2-0 reports. forgetting that he/she/they lost in one of those 3 games.

I meant just 3 games in a row. Maybe players agree on playing 3rd game.

About 2v2 when  "player1(clan A) + player2(clan A) vs player3(clan B) + player2(clan B)":
    these should be only clan games in my opinion.

Offline pr

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 06:32 PM »

and if both sides report same games? would duplicate games appear? if yes, how to determine who is to report?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 07:02 PM »
    I can prevent same report for some amount of time, But can't those people just have an agreement who to report?

Only clan games available is 2vs2 and 3vs3, same members.
    I'll see what people want about it.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 09:08 PM »
    one more thing...when u take a look at the games played u cant even say who won which scheme, i mean if u think logical you can say by who reported the game and then take a look at the 1st and 2nd scheme but still...you should think about changing the report system, could cause some problems as already posted like you cant report when there was a 3rd game and stuff...i would say the "each player reports his win" thing would work better.

Offline pr

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 10:24 PM »
    I can prevent same report for some amount of time, But can't those people just have an agreement who to report?

Only clan games available is 2vs2 and 3vs3, same members.
    I'll see what people want about it.

yeah but when it is determined who is to report (e.g. winner) it's better :) tho for present time it's ok to agree on reporting :)

i think it can be determined this way:

reports WHO wins 2:0 or won 1st game in 1:1
    this will be kewl because game order will be as was in real

ps: tyvm for ur effort in all site :)

pps: btw there is an error in current standings :) wormiverse played 2 games but he is not in standings at all
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:30 PM by pr »

Offline rU`

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 03:36 AM »
    Howdy  ;)

About the report thing; I think there should be an option to mark/unmark, something like "I/We have won this match" (for singles n 2vs2)
    That way the losers would be able to report aswell...
    It should be marked by default, since winners are usually who report! So you just gotta unmark it in case you are the loser.

well, thats my opinion. Anyway, good luck on it ;D
    LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 09:30 PM »
    i think the report system could use a little adjustment... you should have it so you just report and individual game (incase 2 players decide to only play one game) it would save alot of confusion

Offline chakkman

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 10:21 PM »
    monkey... i was just about to report a game where in the 1st round i picked intermediate. intermediate=best of 2 so we played 2 rounds. now i cant uploaed the replay cause its invalid, because its named "round 2", fix this pls.

Offline wormiverse

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 10:29 PM »
    And why am I not shown in the stats? :(

Quote from: Rok
    AIAHISAISHHAISHIHIEHIDHIEWHIEHIHIEHIUEIUE

Offline chakkman

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 10:38 PM »
    coz ur weird :)