Forums
April 24, 2024, 03:46 AM

Author Topic: Leagues suggestion  (Read 360 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Leagues suggestion
« on: August 22, 2021, 11:10 AM »
@MonkeyIsland.

There are some things on TUS that don't exist, or i've been unable to figure out how to do. I'm wondering if you can make these possible in the new TUS website.

Viewing the first ERA of TUS:

For now, I have to type in a specific URL that you gave me. I cannot for the life of me actually navigate there through the TUS system.

For example, I can't find the old TRL standings, and can't figure out what to type as the URL. Yesterday Korydex linked me to - https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/TRL-standings/rTTRR/ - Which you would guess was a TTRR season, although it was showing the last season which was ZAR.(Though weirdly enough that's working now, did you fix that since yesterday?)

It would be nice if older archives were simple to find and navigate.

Old awards:

Currently I can only view the "TUS Awards - 2016" via the "Awards" link. What happened to the older award pages? Do those still exist?

Filters for viewing old games:

From time to time, I like browsing some players profiles and watching old games.

I'd like to search a players game history by a single scheme, or single season, or single league(HAL/TRL/TFL/TEL/etc).

Filters for comparing players against each other:

Also, from time to time, I like comparing players against each other, it would be nice to be able to select 2 players and compare them against each other in different ways, for example, select 2 players, and a single scheme. See who done better in a single scheme and be able to see which players they both played.

I have a feeling things may already exist, they are just very challenging to find without instructions or direct links.

Offline Korydex

Re: Leagues suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 11:37 AM »
@MonkeyIsland.

There are some things on TUS that don't exist, or i've been unable to figure out how to do. I'm wondering if you can make these possible in the new TUS website.

Viewing the first ERA of TUS:

For now, I have to type in a specific URL that you gave me. I cannot for the life of me actually navigate there through the TUS system.

For example, I can't find the old TRL standings, and can't figure out what to type as the URL. Yesterday Korydex linked me to - https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/TRL-standings/rTTRR/ - Which you would guess was a TTRR season, although it was showing the last season which was ZAR.(Though weirdly enough that's working now, did you fix that since yesterday?)

It would be nice if older archives were simple to find and navigate.

Old awards:

Currently I can only view the "TUS Awards - 2016" via the "Awards" link. What happened to the older award pages? Do those still exist?

Filters for viewing old games:

From time to time, I like browsing some players profiles and watching old games.

I'd like to search a players game history by a single scheme, or single season, or single league(HAL/TRL/TFL/TEL/etc).

Filters for comparing players against each other:

Also, from time to time, I like comparing players against each other, it would be nice to be able to select 2 players and compare them against each other in different ways, for example, select 2 players, and a single scheme. See who done better in a single scheme and be able to see which players they both played.

I have a feeling things may already exist, they are just very challenging to find without instructions or direct links.
+1, that link doesnt work for me too now lol

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 02:25 PM »
At the moment, a game search with player names and possibly scheme name works. You can try it. For example do a "games" search with keywords "Komito Random00 BnG".

However this should get better in the future. I'll try to take other points into account.

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 02:32 PM »
At the moment, a game search with player names and possibly scheme name works. You can try it. For example do a "games" search with keywords "Komito Random00 BnG".

However this should get better in the future. I'll try to take other points into account.

Excellent, thanks!

Also, would it be possible to implement a feature to package and download for example. A specific scheme and person, all those games, can be added to a rar and downloaded.

Or just, any way of downloading multiple replays at once would be appreciated.

Thanks again!