Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:39 AM

Poll

Do you support the new Free League idea?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
3 (100%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: New Free League  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Triad

New Free League
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:57 PM »
If you vote No, or disagree with one thing, please share your thoughts so we can elaborate this idea to make it something everyone can agree.

We already kinda hijacked Hysteria thread  with new free league idea, some people seem to interested with the idea so I decided to start a separate poll.

Suggested changes
* Removing unpopular schemes and lowering total amount of schemes to 8. Possible 8 schemes is given below.
* Best of 7 playoffs
* 60 days long seasons instead 90.
* Resetting overall stats just like Classic league(and keep them archived like old Classic League overall), makes sense considering most of the free league schemes would be gone.

8 schemes of new Free League
1- Darts: Even though Darts added to Free League later on, still it's the most played Free League scheme. It is luck-free, easy to learn and hard to master perfect non-Classic scheme.

2- Big RR: A luck-free racing scheme. Most popular rope scheme on WormNET after Shopper and WxW.

3- Aerial: Hysteria like scheme added to Free League later on like Darts. Really popular, even had its own league with Hysteria(HAL). But I suggest to remove crate drops to make it more professional.

4- Abnormal: Also added later on to Free League. Scheme is almost identical to Intermediate with one twist: You kill your own worms. Most newbies know Intermediate, so Abnormal might be an interesting concept for them.

5- Intermediate: Everybody knows this scheme. It is quite popular on Free League too.

6- Kaos: A really unorthodox ground scheme. Rubberworm features it uses can do great job to lure new players. Komo argued because it requires you to install Rubberworm and League should be as simple as possible for newcomers, but imo if you discovered this site and want to participate the leagues, installing Rubberworm shouldn't be a problem.

7- Bungee Race: Another racing scheme. It was fairly popular and has more than enough maps(only HusH made at least 50 maps) to avoid map whoring.

8- Boom Race: Last scheme of the list. Just like Bungee it is more popular than other racing schemes and the idea racing to finish by shooting yourself with various weapons is definitely an interesting concept for new players.

Why x scheme excluded? I am triggered.
Mole Shopper: I was planning to add it because it seemed popular on stats, but when I checked overall I realized it was used by people who solely picks Mole and/or people who played it is now inactive.

Others: At least one of these applies:
- Big luck factor
- Low amount of dedicated maps which leads to map whoring
- Not popular enough

Don't worry, excluded schemes can still gather players via Cups, Tournaments etc.

Why 8 schemes? Why not more?
Reason I wanted 8 schemes is to make Free as competitive and compact as possible. In a Bo7 4:3 PO game, 7 out of 8 would be played. If you have a lot scheme, you'll stick with your favorite ones and ignore other schemes just like currently on TFL. Not to mention some schemes has huge luck factor and allows map whoring because low amount of dedicated maps, a great example would be Plop War. That's why having 8 schemes might motivate players to master all Free schemes and it will make Free a more credible and competitive league. Also fewer schemes might be better for newcomers because there will be less schemes they'll have to learn.

Sorry if I made any typo or grammar mistakes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:25 PM by Triad »

Offline HHC

Re: New Free League
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Voted no cause IMO better included in normal league, as 'misc' category.
Also share Komo's opinion on Kaos.

Offline Triad

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 02:10 PM »
If opposition against Kaos is strong, I think we can agree on another scheme. Let's see if there are more people  shares the same opinion first.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Voted no.
Don't like 5/8 schemes here. But it's not the main reason.
Just think JPR and Golf belongs to Free league.

Offline Triad

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Voted no.
Don't like 5/8 schemes here. But it's not the main reason.
Just think JPR and Golf belongs to Free league.
I don't like every schemes here much, such as Aerial, Intermediate, Kaos, Boom Race but those are enjoyed by community according to stats so I prefer not to stand on way. A change is necessary otherwise league will get more inactive and eventually get disabled.

I already explained why I left out those schemes. If we allow not so popular schemes, then people will ask why not allow some other unpopular schemes and you'll end up with something like current Free League. Those schemes can still be played on Cups and Tournaments just fine.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 03:48 PM »
No, few reasons.

As I said, you shouldn't have to install an extra(unsupported) game feature to participate in a League, if anybody doesn't wish to install rubberworm for whatever reason this instantly makes them an avoider, and that's unfair. I understand it's easy to install rubberworm, that isn't enough of a reason for someone to want to install it, some people like playing games without mods, and it's unfair to force them to.

I don't like the choice of schemes, swap Kaos, and perhaps.

Offline Triad

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 04:02 PM »
No, few reasons.

As I said, you shouldn't have to install an extra(unsupported) game feature to participate in a League, if anybody doesn't wish to install rubberworm for whatever reason this instantly makes them an avoider, and that's unfair. I understand it's easy to install rubberworm, that isn't enough of a reason for someone to want to install it, some people like playing games without mods, and it's unfair to force them to.

I don't like the choice of schemes, swap Kaos, and perhaps.
But why nobody complained about this in previous seasons of Free League? Not to mention Kaos is Top 3 most played scheme of last 3 season.

Again, if a lot people don't want Kaos and replace it with another scheme, I will support, too. But until there's a better option given, I support Kaos.

This is good tho, seems like even in worst case, there'll be minimal changes be made like removing few schemes.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Add DA Bungee Shoppah!!!!!!111!!!11111ONE11!!!!11112

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 04:26 PM »
But why nobody complained about this in previous seasons of Free League? Not to mention Kaos is Top 3 most played scheme of last 3 season.

Again, if a lot people don't want Kaos and replace it with another scheme, I will support, too. But until there's a better option given, I support Kaos.

This is good tho, seems like even in worst case, there'll be minimal changes be made like removing few schemes.

I don't know if anyone complained about it before, some people may have, they just never complained about it here on forums. I complained about it, it's also why I don't play Kaos. I can't speak for anyone else but i'm pretty sure if Kaos was possible with standard WA it would be even more popular. The sooner they implement rubberworm merged with standard WA, the better.

Having to install Rubberworm may be one of the reasons some people don't play TFL, as well as the schemes they find incredibly boring/time consuming.

Besides, isn't point here to introduce a stripped down version of TFL people will actually play a lot? Getting rid of the longest/most boring schemes in the process.

^^ What I mean by that is, many people could play TRL before and ignore Kaos because of the huge list of schemes, people were more friendly in TFL and would be ok if someone didn't want to play rubber scheme, but if it becomes very popular, shorter list of schemes, it's kinda lame if you avoid schemes, as I remember playing TFL few times before, Darts, BoomRace, etc, and other guy was like np cuz I didn't want Kaos cuz didn't have Rubberworm.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:32 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Triad

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Alright, if more people can state same here, I guess we can decide another 8th scheme?

So far people opposed:
* Kaos scheme
* Some of the schemes being excluded.

So should I assume everyone agree on:
* Other 7 schemes are fine.
* Bo7 PO
* League should be 60 days long again.
* Remove crates from Aerial.
* Overall reset

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 04:57 PM »
Just add ZAR already.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Senator

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 05:01 PM »
If you make playoffs best of 7, you may need to play a PO series in 2 sessions because some of the schemes are Bo3.

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 05:25 PM »
Vote no to kaos? Wtf, it's one of the popular free league schemes

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Triad, I like that you're showing interest for changing whole league and as a player appreciating it. But let's be honest - will you even play TFL actively? In last 10 seasons (900 days!?) you played 50-60 games.
Kradie - you haven't been participating in it at all, but trying to push ZAR Roper whenever you get a chance.
Komo is also proposing stuff, but he really doesn't give a f@#! what league will offer in the future. He was loudest for Classic reset and promised activity, but I didn't saw him in even one 1v1 league game ever since it happened. (?)

Do not think I want all schemes to suit my needs! Probably biggest noob and hater of Drown Syndrome, but want it to be part of TFL, cause it's one of the most skill based schemes that W:A is offering atm.
We all like to give opinion on every subject that's been going on at forums and it's positive thing, but wouldn't be right to pay more attention on guys that are actually keeping it alive all these seasons? Where's Hurz, Husk, Walrus, Snipe..? Waiting for your thoughts.

Offline Vicenzo

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Add DA Bungee Shoppah!!!!!!111!!!11111ONE11!!!!11112
WHO THE f@#! IS PAPICH?!