Forums
May 03, 2024, 11:07 PM

Author Topic: Leagues in General  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Hussar

Leagues in General
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:14 AM »
Yo, just had a big conversation with peja about how tus league looks like and what we could change here.

I think many ppl dosnt rly see any seans why we have for example 2 diffrents ranking for 1 scheme
(hysteria in hal and classic, elite in tel and classic, and almost all trl schemes)

For newcommers this is such a hardly case to understand!

Idea: (Only 3 leagues)

First of all we removing TEL ( highest ranking stays - if u had higher rank in TEL then in tus elite so obviously TEL rank will stay)

Same with HAL - we removing HAL and better rank is going to TUS HYSTERIA.

We removing TRL and all better rankings are going same as be4.

We removing allround league.

Tus Classic League :  Each scheme have he's own clear ranking and he's own Playoffs in each seazon. It will be more simply for everyone, if someone is not allrounder, he loves only elite, hysteria or t17 he can play in elite, hsyteria or t17 playoffs :) ofc he have to play secound pick as be4, but he can reach PO in hes own lovely scheme.

If someone is allrounder, thats cool, he can qualify to playoffs in few diffrents schemes and win more awards.

Next new thing, then we adding Intermediate here and aerial  ( points are separate so we can)

Tus Experimental League : (new Tel :P) This league is created just for searching new schemes for classig league. We can test  good schemes here - for example we could put here abnormal, rnr, hysteria variations etc.  dunno about points here, but general idea is this then after seazon we can vote for best scheme which could be add for New classic league  (when each scheme is separate - we can do it without any complications).

Voting should looks then scheme need to have 50%+ votes for YES to be add.

Tus free League : Without any change.

Its just propose  ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:22 AM by Berria »

Offline Kyho

Re: Leagues in General
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:17 AM »
Tus Classic League : Each scheme have he's own clear ranking and he's own Playoffs in each seazon. It will be more simply for everyone, if someone is not allrounder.
It's the main point of classic league. You need to be good in everything to win it, making PO separate for every scheme it's just stupid.
Next new thing, then we adding Intermediate here and aerial  ( points are separate so we can)
So If points are separate we can add every scheme in this league! Capture the Flag or Elemental PO. Sounds fine.
Tus Experimental League: This league is created just for searching new schemes for classig league. We can test  good schemes here - for example we could put here abnormal, rnr, hysteria variations etc.  dunno about points here, but general idea is this then after seazon we can vote for best scheme which could be add for New classic league  (when each scheme is separate - we can do it without any complications).
Free league actually has some new schemes ( Darts for example.) , no need to mix it with this "new classic" thing .And besides it, TRL is actually like this experimental league isn't it?

I don't like this idea at all, If you want to win elite PO, you play TEL, If you want to win hyst PO you play HAL etc etc, making separate classic league will destroy it whole sense.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:31 AM by Kyho »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:37 PM »
The best idea would be to merge Classic and Free together, then it really WOULD be "All round" and not just the oldest most played & most abused schemes.

More people could take part in "the popular league" and compete for bragging rights & for fun, Clanners would be MUCH more fun, there would be less bitching about picks, and I think less avoiding because you would have a larger set of schemes to pick from and gain/lose points, it would greatly increase everyones overall skillset and knowledge of the game as well.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 03:06 PM »
I don't like this idea at all, If you want to win elite PO, you play TEL, If you want to win hyst PO you play HAL etc etc, making separate classic league will destroy it whole sense.

I want win shoppa PO, what should I do ? I allways vote to shoppa in trl but still not shoppa in trl :<

I really like Berria's idea. Especially about remove allround league.... Why we should have league which is inactive in PO ? allround PO 1st season not finnished yet  in single and in clanner not started yet, allround 2nd season - PO single & clanner not staered yet... and PO in allround 3rd season just started (and probably won't be played too)....

A lot's of newcomers ask me about normal, they want play normal in clasic league, it could be good gor TUS if we add aerial & normal to clasic league.

Offline Peja

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 03:45 PM »
i wouldnt remove classic league. i would remove trl tel and hal. simply because i cant see any sense having seperate ratings for the same scheme. afaik scheme season points in classic league are completly independent from the stats of your other classic league schemes. so why we need leagues like hal tel trl? lets just make playoffs for every scheme and its fine. if you are able to find a tel game you will also be able to find a classic league elite match. its even better because you automaticly take part in classic league.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 03:48 PM »
i wouldnt remove classic league. i would remove trl tel and hal. simply because i cant see any sense having seperate ratings for the same scheme. afaik scheme season points in classic league are completly independent from the stats of your other classic league schemes. so why we need leagues like hal tel trl? lets just make playoffs for every scheme and its fine. if you are able to find a tel game you will also be able to find a classic league elite match. its even better because you automaticly take part in classic league.

100% true  :-\ + remove allround league !

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 04:18 PM »

100% true  :-\ + remove allround league !

agree

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Well, berria your idea is what MI has been somehow trying to achieve for a long time (remember this all round playoff ?).
I'm all for it and I believe hhc was also for it.
Now, let's not try to mix up too many things.
There is the merging of TEL/HAL into tus classic league to make it one single league with individual scheme PO but also a global PO for the best in all scheme for the season.
There is TRL which is a rotation league which I believe would still has his place in my thinking (test new popular "free" scheme as abnormal see how it goes make fixes and include it in the global league once it is proper).
There is the free league that get all the scheme that need fixes.
The normal behavior would be like this: we elect a free scheme into TRL, this scheme get fixes during the TRL season then we include it in the global league.
So, if you ask me I would merge everything into a single league, make individual PO and give some less coefficient to some currently free league scheme depending of the "luck factor" (as I said several time on other topic) but (and there is a big but here) it seems like it is not how the majority of people want to go whether it is justified or not you are actually one of the first to back up this idea.
I would keep TRL for the "beta" scheme that need fixes before including them in the global league and keep TRL as the beta league to introduce new schemes, step by step.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:29 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 08:33 PM »
I used to support it yeah, but ppl didn't like it. They got angry when the HAL hysteria got linked with the classic one, so MI dropped it.

Furthermore, I don't think it's a good idea anymore. There's just too many schemes to have p/o for all of them. And to have just 1 single league... I dunno, don't think it will keep players occupied.

Neway, been working on a league plan of my own. Dunno if it's possible to implement though. I'm working on putting it all on paper and then i'll send it to MI for a first look.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 08:40 PM »
I agree with you with the fact that individual PO for each scheme would be almost impossible to manage and lack of interest/self reward and that's where came the idea of splitting them into categories I guess but it didn't make lot of a fuss.
Maybe the categories were wrong I don't know... Though, what I like is the fact that in a clanner or single you could pick aeral while your opponent pick a "classic" scheme...Anyways, waiting for your plan :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 09:10 PM »
idea: classic could stay exactly how it is.... but, since you get a rating in each scheme individually already, we could have smaller scale PO for each scheme... l

example the top 8 for the reason in roper can play a roper PO

top 8 in shoppa can play a shoppa PO..

etc,

just to have bragging rights for the season in individual schemes... it would be a good idea to have a box check list of all the schemes, each member can check the schemes he would like to take part in individual playoffs for...

but at the end of the season the main PO will be for the all around classic, nothing would change there....

Komo: come on man... do you honestly believe free league and classic should merge? are you kidding me... i dont think people wanna play bungree race clanners... lol will never happen dude... i know ur suggesting this for your love of darts, but c'mon..

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 09:17 AM »
Yes, I do think they should merge, "classic" is NOT an allround league, it's not even close, it's a TINY fraction of what this game is capable of.

I like more than just Darts, i'd love to play alot of these schemes as clanners.

This is obviously the best choice IF people truly want an "all round" league, but I guess you are right.