Forums > Leagues General

PETITION TO REMOVE THE ≥50% WIN REQUIREMENT FOR PO IN ALL LEAGUES

<< < (2/2)

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Triad on April 26, 2024, 07:44 PM ---I think you mean the most points, not the best winning percentage, because people can have more points than other people with a lower winning percentage. The best example I can think of is Piki, Husk and Jago in the overall Darts standings: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/free-standings/Darts/?s=overall

--- End quote ---

Nah, I did mean highest win % however thinking about it yeah it's better to be using the points first, THEN win % to decide who makes the cut.

Though I don't know what the problem is with your example?

--- Quote ---Piki - 257 played - 50.19% - 1,488

Husk - 86 played - 46.51% - 1,408

Jago - 76 played - 39.47% - 1,172

--- End quote ---

Piki has both more points and highest win %
Husk has 2nd most points and 2nd highest win %
Jago has 3rd most points and 3rd highest win %

What were you trying to prove there?

Triad:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on April 26, 2024, 07:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Triad on April 26, 2024, 07:44 PM ---I think you mean the most points, not the best winning percentage, because people can have more points than other people with a lower winning percentage. The best example I can think of is Piki, Husk and Jago in the overall Darts standings: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/free-standings/Darts/?s=overall

--- End quote ---

Nah, I did mean highest win % however thinking about it yeah it's better to be using the points first, THEN win % to decide who makes the cut.

Though I don't know what the problem is with your example?

--- Quote ---Piki - 257 played - 50.19% - 1,488

Husk - 86 played - 46.51% - 1,408

Jago - 76 played - 39.47% - 1,172

--- End quote ---

Piki has both more points and highest win %
Husk has 2nd most points and 2nd highest win %
Jago has 3rd most points and 3rd highest win %

What were you trying to prove there?

--- End quote ---
I mean them compared to other players below them. Piki has 9 points more than timo, but 21% less win percentage. Husk has 22 points more than Prince_Egypt, but 16% less win percentage. You get the picture. Like you said, using the points first is a better approach.

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Triad on April 26, 2024, 08:03 PM ---You get the picture. Like you said, using the points first is a better approach.

--- End quote ---

Maybe...

It really depends who played who... The reason why we have both points and win % is because they sort of go hand in hand to dictate who played better.

It's also different when comparing an individual scheme and multiple schemes.

You can have more points, with a lower win % because you played players you have or haven't beat at specific schemes...

Ideally, you would use both as a measurement to find out which player is more deserving, but to keep things simple, using points is better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version