Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:32 AM

Author Topic: Raise the limit  (Read 1418 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Raise the limit
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 06:52 PM »
Pretty much why I don't play WA competitively anymore because for me it's beyond unbalanced.

Too easy to dominate everyone in my strongest/favourite schemes, and get dominated in the schemes I don't care about. Then the schemes in the middle where there are some players around my level but nowhere near enough to make it interesting. Playing the same 4-5 people every day every week every month every year is not my idea of a fun competitive challenge.

There aren't anywhere near enough top players to actually feel like it's a challenge. I don't include the fact I'm rusty and would lose a bunch of games while warming up to reach my peak again as the challenge either.

That's why for the most part I like to focus on just creating events for others and streaming. :)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 07:38 PM »
it would force players into playen Elite for example[...]

my initial idea of a match making system would be pools split by schemes

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2023, 06:35 AM »
What is the current limit? If the limit was reduced it would force people to look for new opponents and try to pm or discord them to play those players. On blood bowl leagues they only let people play once and it creates an interesting dynamic but rewards activity but not as much as WA! No issues of noob bashing same opponents loads.

If seasons were longer and game limit for playoffs were reduced (maybe 15 instead of 20?) I’d be interested in trying this. Maybe once I maxed out vs same opponents I’d then play them again in another league if I ran out of games.

Certainly think it’s an idea worth exploring!

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2023, 06:45 AM »
What is the current limit? If the limit was reduced it would force people to look for new opponents and try to pm or discord them to play those players. On blood bowl leagues they only let people play once and it creates an interesting dynamic but rewards activity but not as much as WA! No issues of noob bashing same opponents loads.

If seasons were longer and game limit for playoffs were reduced (maybe 15 instead of 20?) I’d be interested in trying this. Maybe once I maxed out vs same opponents I’d then play them again in another league if I ran out of games.

Certainly think it’s an idea worth exploring!

okioki this is funny how this OFTEN turns out. Kinslayer asked to raise the limits and chicken23 just offers to lower them :)
i have to explain that there are Very few players playen Tus allround activly and it is not that easy to find a match. If the rest of active players
wanna play tus maybe the game limits can be raised so the effort can be coded in the tus history. and players still have the matrix of tus challenge while playen.

this has one disadvantage the old scores of an active and balances tus with many different opponents gets out of order. for example dibs leads the tus allround overall with very big points but maybe mablak was a skilled roper too or some others i do not mention. they just did play 200games or less. while dibs still active like a demon !

the old balance is in trouble anyways and maybe we should prepare tus like its fun for players nowdays !

for TTL it is kind of a bit different. but lower the limits is rly silly if i can play my fav game board less and than have no opponent anymore :S
for example i play sock 15times and yet win 12  ... thats fine but if i just lose 1 game he gets alot of points and i lose alot thats a challenge too!
same for kirill . while the big fishes stuck deadccode and senator rarly play together

dont get me wrong im just trien to say sum creative stuff here i think its fine to raise the limits. truely some players will tune up their win ing ratio in sumthing su real like playen agaist people they win and win avoiding the people they lose. but thats sa personal issue and can be changed

by losen the fear of losen points and discover the brilliance of a game agaist a pro and maybe losen the anger of (at ttl) bad cr8 luck. sure Tel Elite was sumthen different. i didnt lose a round because i got no donkey or aqua sheep to collect 3 holys ... Tel was great ( rest in peace)#

but i do love t17 to after i had some bl im a bit like a dog u put u kicked but maybe i ll cure and start fightn those luckers ;PPPP

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2023, 11:58 AM »
On blood bowl leagues they only let people play once and it creates an interesting dynamic but rewards activity but not as much as WA! No issues of noob bashing same opponents loads.

Blood Bowl has the luxury of having more people playing as well as an actual working match making system doesn't it?