Forums
April 23, 2024, 10:28 AM

Author Topic: Scheme picking in tus playoffs  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Senator

Scheme picking in tus playoffs
« on: December 18, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Currently Classic league playoff series are Bo5, which means u can win by simply being better roper/defaulter (if u get to pick first). Isn't this against the idea of finding the best allrounder? Bo5 also means roper vs defaulter series are very predictable.

How about keeping it still Bo5 but adding this rule: you can pick only two of TTRR/WxW/Roper AND only two of Elite/Hysteria/BnG/Team17 ?

Examples:

1. TTRR
2. Elite
3. WxW
4. BnG
5. Shopper/Hysteria/Team17 (Roper can't be picked)

1. Elite
2. TTRR
3. BnG
4. WxW
5. Shopper/Roper (Hysteria and Team17 can't be picked)

A roper could pick 2 rope schemes + Shopper/default. A defaulter could pick 2 default schemes + Shopper. You could no longer win by picking TTRR+WxW+Roper or 3 of Elite/Hysteria/BnG/Team17.

I think this is a better version of the earlier abandoned rule (first four picks must include 2 rope schemes and 2 default schemes). Another option would be Bo7 series but it might take too long..

Online Sbaffo

Re: Scheme picking in tus playoffs
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:05 PM »
How about removing shopper and hysteria from classic league then

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:40 PM »
1. replace ttrr by aerial
2. replace roper by petrolia
3. replace wxw by forts
4. add 1 banana baomb, 1 super banana bomb and 1 holy nade to bng
5. GRANNY SHOPPA FTW :-\

Offline spleen17

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 03:06 PM »

How would that help? You completely missed the point of this thread.

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 03:17 PM »

How would that help? You completely missed the point of this thread.

My post was sarcastic because this whole thread is a bullshit. Or at least, it is imo.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19 PM »
Tbh, I also don't understand why shopper is classic scheme, and Intermediate is still in free league?!
Especially this shopper with no afr rule..

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 03:29 PM »
I like thos topic ))

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Good idea. Maybe play all schemes in po ?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 05:29 PM »
I'm going to get on the 'remove hysteria and shopper from classic' bandwagon while its still rolling

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 05:51 PM »
I don't care what anyones opinion is, this is a fact, Hysteria is more worthy of being a competitive League scheme than Shopper and Team17 based on skill and luck variances, at least in Hysteria skill decides who wins, not what weapons you get in your crates and where your worms are placed at start, at least in Hysteria with bad placement with good tactics and skill you can still win, Shopper is better than Team17 in terms of crate rape, but it's still lame because of the 1st turn thing.

But to be completely honest, the players of Worms Armageddon are so diversified in their preferences Leagues will never completely satisfy anyone.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 06:38 PM »
this topic is useless, the way it is working now is the best way, and even einstein will not find better solution. 

If u are roper u win 2 picks, if u are normal guy u will propably win 2 of ur picks too, then it is 2:2 and the guy who leading in table pick fifth,  easy and fair.

The problem here is that many ppl cant rope and are too lazy to learn it, so they search the way to remove ttrr roper or even shopper, but since i am good friend of MonkeyIsland I tell You NO WAY! This is not gonna happen, the system will stay as it is.

Try being allrounder, play every scheme, not just hysteria/elite or ttrr/roper 

You have no idea how much I hated ttrr in past, but since most ropers pick it, i had no choice instead of learn it, now I can say it is funny and acceptable scheme

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:43 PM by KinslayeR »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 07:06 PM »
I don't care what anyones opinion is, this is a fact, Hysteria is more worthy of being a competitive League scheme than Shopper and Team17 based on skill and luck variances, at least in Hysteria skill decides who wins, not what weapons you get in your crates and where your worms are placed at start, at least in Hysteria with bad placement with good tactics and skill you can still win, Shopper is better than Team17 in terms of crate rape, but it's still lame because of the 1st turn thing.

But to be completely honest, the players of Worms Armageddon are so diversified in their preferences Leagues will never completely satisfy anyone.
The tactics are garbage in hysteria, easily the dumbest of any of the ground schemes, anyone that says otherwise is a simpleton and overly impressed with their low-level reasoning ability.  All you need to learn about in hysteria you can learn in an afternoon.  I agree with you about the luck part completely, though.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Shopper is better than Team17 in terms of crate rape
crate rape

^ the only interesting thing in the whole topic
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 10:46 PM »
The tactics are garbage in hysteria, easily the dumbest of any of the ground schemes, anyone that says otherwise is a simpleton and overly impressed with their low-level reasoning ability.  All you need to learn about in hysteria you can learn in an afternoon.

How are the tactics garbage? Doing the right thing at the right time and predicting your opponents moves, and thinking on the spot places to hide to outshoot your opponent is not easy, one reason I got so good at BnG is my ability to use the right shot at the right time and use the right hide at the right time, the same goes with Hysteria and it's MUCH more tactical than you think.

Yes, learning the rules of Hysteria and generally how to play, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, but neither does BnG, or Roper, or TTRR, mastering the physical skills and accuracy/consistency and tactical advantage is what counts most.

Trust me walrus, Hysteria is a very nice scheme if you can open your mind ;)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 10:47 PM »
T17 and Shopper are both horribly luck based schemes