Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:21 PM

Author Topic: Scheme rules  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Ray

Scheme rules
« on: November 13, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Hey!
As there are some newcomers in the league, we should make a rules page for the schemes. Even I had some trouble with TEAM17 rules, I wasn't sure if rope knock was allowed on your own team. Can you knock your own worm?  :o

Offline inzsome

Re: Scheme rules
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 01:20 PM »
As there's no statement given on Worms2d.info, I think it is allowed.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:31 PM »
well as ropeknocking is not allowed i guess that includes knocking your own worms too..

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:42 PM »
yeah i dont think it was ever allowed

Offline inzsome

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Isn't it like it's not allowed in elite, but in the other default ones it is?

I'm just guessing.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:17 PM »
ropeknocking isnt allowed in elite and t17, but it is allowed in intermediate

Offline inzsome

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Alright then, whatever.

Offline Kevin04

• Maps Moderator

• Germany Germany
  • dP dP clan

• All your base are belong to us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Where did you get your infos? Worms2D doesn't say anything about Team17-knocking, nor does WAHelp, neither does BTP. The only thing I found was one tourney in Worm Olympics and one in WO in 2006, but it sounded like the rules were "just-for-this-tourney" for me, especially cause other tourneys highlight "everything is allowed". I can't remember about anything that has to do with knocking and team17 either. I'd just like to see a source, otherwise it doesn't sound too convincing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:38 PM by Kevin04 »

Offline pr

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 04:27 PM »
ROPE and BUNGEE knocking is NOT allowed in Elite and Team17.
i think this applies for all worms in the game.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 05:12 PM »
Where did you get your infos? Worms2D doesn't say anything about Team17-knocking, nor does WAHelp, neither does BTP. The only thing I found was one tourney in Worm Olympics and one in WO in 2006, but it sounded like the rules were "just-for-this-tourney" for me, especially cause other tourneys highlight "everything is allowed". I can't remember about anything that has to do with knocking and team17 either. I'd just like to see a source, otherwise it doesn't sound too convincing.

if you have played this game for a while u should know the rules, the source is wormnet

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 06:13 PM »
I've been playing since 1999 and I can tell you that you can knock your own worms in Team17.

BUT GETTING ON THE ROOF? now that's ilegal
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline inzsome

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 06:48 PM »
WormNet as a source isn't convincing enough for me.

Everyone plays T17 different, with or without ropeknocking.

Is there no official source?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56 PM »
WormNet as a source isn't convincing enough for me.

Everyone plays T17 different, with or without ropeknocking.

Is there no official source?

official? you mean from the author of the scheme?

Official scheme had two worm selects and was played in a random island/cavern map. Hows that for official mr demanding?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline inzsome

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 07:16 PM »
I mean the official rules about ropeknocking in Team 17 in general.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:41 PM »
there is no official rules. going by how the schemes were played in other leagues cant be wrong ;)

i think i still have the scheme rules of cbc-wwp league in a text file somewhere...i ll sned it if needed, how about adjusting the bng rules a bit? would be nice to have a rule that disallows repeating the last shot, kinda annoys me in most bng games ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 07:46 PM by chakkman »