Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:37 PM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 16693 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06 PM »
Great post HHC.

Ok let's think about this, whenever someone hosts a Cup for a dedicated scheme, those dedicated players always join, TTRR/BnG/Team17 etc, without fail these Cups are always successful.

Light League is a great idea, get rid of Classic & Free entirely, and build a new league with 4, 5 or 6 of the most popular, easy to learn/play schemes that are still impressive in their own way.

We have Tournaments and Cups for people who still want to play BnG/TTRR/BattleRace etc, and they DO work/bring in players.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Don't know why ppl still talk about newcomers playing leagues, when 90% of ppl will just kick any unfamiliar name out of the lobby. You know it's true.

In the times of big steam sales, there should be a little pop-up window in #ag which, in few short lines, explains to newbies what to expect out of this game and where to find all answers. Linking them to TUS ofc.

I guess it's better then to join 3 games, get kicked 3 times. Then ask in lobby why everyone acts like morons, just to get some witty answer by taner.

Was this a pleseant first sight for the new guy?
- Nope.
Long ago we made a welcome bot which sent a welcome message and some info + link to tus forum. Dunno the result, but i guess who is willing to stay at least 2 weeks to play wa he should meet the term tus and "rules". The problem is when he doesnt know English.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2017, 03:40 PM »
I thought TUS was multi lingual?(not forums)

And didn't we have players from other nations speaking other languages who translated this stuff a while back?

Or do you mean for players reading these forums because it's mostly in English?

Couldn't we setup some sort of automated google translate service?

I just started learning to code so within the next 5 years I expect to become very efficient and will more than likely start doing more things to help out.

Offline Senator

« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2017, 01:12 PM »
- Classic league: Elite, Roper, Shopper, Hysteria, BnG
- Rope league: WxW, TTRR, Big RR (luck free schemes for ropers). This league might attract players like Ryan and Masta.
- Team17 in Free league, Big RR out
- a CWT style cup once in a while (Bo5 matches with Elite, Roper, TTRR, BnG and Shopper). Perhaps a separate website dedicated to this cup. This might make Classic league less valued, though, but the same problem is with ONL/CWT and TEL/EAC.

Offline Triad

« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2017, 05:23 PM »
People saying Shopper is popular but actually it's not. Here's overall stats:

But it's popular around newbies, so it can gain more interest if we divide leagues to amateur and pro.

D1 League:
* Elite
* TTRR
* WxW
* Roper
* Hysteria (less noob friendly like limited petrol)
* a2b BnG

D2 League:
* Light Elite (more noob friendly like it has 5 sec hotseat etc.)
* Big RR
* Shopper
* Roper
* Hysteria
* BnG

Let's get rid of current free league and replace it with something like:
* Darts
* Team17
* Aerial(pls remove crates)
* Boom Race
* Bungee Race
* Kaos
* Abnormal
* an 8th scheme that is fairly popular and doesn't have much or any luck, and it's not Normal or Mole(normal got ONL and CWT, and Mole got Team17 instead)

Bo7 PO for new free league.

Rest excluded schemes can renew interest with cups or TRL.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:25 PM by Triad »

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2017, 05:25 PM »

But it's popular around newbies, so it can gain more interest if we divide leagues to amateur and pro.

D1 League:
* Elite
* TTRR
* WxW
* Roper
* a2b BnG

D2 League:
* Big RR
* Shopper
* Roper
* Hysteria
* BnG

* Darts
* Team17
* Boom Race
* Bungee Race
* Kaos
* Abnormal
* an 8th scheme that is fairly popular and doesn't have much or any luck, and it's not Normal or Mole(normal got ONL and CWT, and Mole got Team17 instead)

Sounds great

Offline Triad

« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2017, 05:37 PM »
8th scheme in new Free league can be Bo5 Mine Madness. Because:
* Fast and fun.
* Fairly popular.
* Requires jetpack skills, delicate rope knocks and some fair F3 weapons skills.
* Bo5 removes major luck factor.

Offline Peja

« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2017, 05:43 PM »

D1 League:
* Elite
* TTRR
* WxW
* Roper
* a2b BnG

D2 League:
* Big RR
* Shopper
* Roper
* Hysteria
* BnG

* Darts
* Team17
* Boom Race
* Bungee Race
* Kaos
* Abnormal

Sounds great

you move from 2 inactive leagues to 3 inactive leagues, mind to elaborate whats so great about this? if you want to save leagues you need fresh blood, to get fresh blood you need to make the concept attractive for newcomers.
- shutdown all leagues on tus
- open one league with supersheeper, mole shopper, shopper, hysteria, team 17, intermediate.
- host a big eac like tourney which takes a year, including cool prices for the remaining  tryhard nerd pros.
- if your league attracts new players, you can reopen a refined classic year after 1 or 2 years.

Offline HHC

« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2017, 05:46 PM »
Mine would be:

Standard league:
1) Hysteria
2) Shopper
3) 25/30 sec Elite/Pro/Intermediate
4) Team17/land shopper/Aerial/something BnGish
5) Roper (maybe 20 sec? or somehow dumbed down?)
6) Misc (other schemes when both players agree)
First 5 schemes are PO picks.

Pro league/classic schemes:
limited to 30 players.
1) TTRR
2) Roper
3) BnG
4) Elite
5) Team17 (to balance out rope vs default) with adjustments to minimize crateluck.
6) WxW
First 5 schemes are PO picks.

Freeleague pwned.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:51 PM by HHC »

Offline Triad

« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2017, 06:05 PM »
you move from 2 inactive leagues to 3 inactive leagues, mind to elaborate whats so great about this?
Some new players afraid to play Classic because they're scared from pros. It's like High School Basketball Team vs NBA Team. Division 2 would be like a school till they graduate and join NBA Division 1.

Free League is inactive because it houses shit ton of unnecessary schemes. Smaller Free League like my example would attract more player that looks something different than Classic. At least we can give new Free League a chance, if fails shut permanently.

if you want to save leagues you need fresh blood, to get fresh blood you need to make the concept attractive for newcomers.
- shutdown all leagues on tus
- open one league with supersheeper, mole shopper, shopper, hysteria, team 17, intermediate.
- host a big eac like tourney which takes a year, including cool prices for the remaining  tryhard nerd pros.
- if your league attracts new players, you can reopen a refined classic year after 1 or 2 years.
LMAO. That's like to increase your country's population, you legalize rape and illegalize abortion. You might increase population but current population will get f@#!ed for that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:23 PM by Triad »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Free League is inactive because it houses shit ton of unnecessary schemes. Smaller Free League like my example would attract more player that looks something different than Classic. At least we can give new Free League a chance, if fails shut permanently.

When I made thread about smth called "Wild league" few weeks ago, ofc it was more a joke than anything else. I knew mods and community will have a hard time to accept any new unnecesarry stuff in something that already is inactive af.

But small part of that new conception was actually honest and referred to what you said in this post - free league have so many schemes that ppl dislike. Remove 10-15 of them and add 3-4 that are actually being hosted in #ag on daily basis. Elemental?! What the f@#! is that?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2017, 07:31 PM »
8th scheme in new Free league can be Bo5 Mine Madness. Because:
* Fast and fun.
* Fairly popular.
* Requires jetpack skills, delicate rope knocks and some fair F3 weapons skills.
* Bo5 removes major luck factor.
haha this guy doesnt include battle race but includes mine madness
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:36 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Triad

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2017, 07:46 PM »

I based my list on popularity. I didn't pick Plop War because luck placement and map rape, unlike MM which has fixed map.

Battle Race takes time, allows map whoring, and people not interested at it, as you can see above. Mine Madness is fast paced, all explosion and shit attracts newbies and contrary to popular belief it's not luck scheme. When played Bo5 you couldn't beat people like Barman, Zwitter etc.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:48 PM by Triad »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Out of these 17 games in Pro scheme, 7 of them was played from pure mockery, other 10 cause it was the only way those players would be enlisted on TUS with the word "pro" next to their name.

Plop war is one of the biggest time waster (along with supersheeper) that W:A ppl ever produced.
If it wasn't for you guys, from UC clan, that one would be long forgotten..

Offline nino

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57 PM »
Pro scheme is basicaly dead nowadays but it was very played back in the days.

Still a very tatical scheme imo a side the creates that should die ( dunno if tus pro scheme has cr8 ) same as died in elite ae

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.