Forums
April 16, 2024, 09:56 AM

Author Topic: Team 17 scheme needs fixing, add homing perhaps?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Free

Team 17 scheme needs fixing, add homing perhaps?
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:28 AM »
I've been giving this a lot of thought and even though I don't expect to see changes, I still have to state my opinion about this.

Currently it can be really frustrating to play T17 because crates decide too much of the game, especially this current TUS scheme which has pretty low probablility for SD weapons. Even though you might play a better start and middle game than the opponent, meaning you collect more crates and control bigger dropzones etc, you might still get totally raped by crate luck which in my eyes is totally unnecessary. Just tweak the scheme.

My biggest suggestion would be Roofless Team17 and start improving from there but I know it's probably too big of a pill to swallow for many. All I'm saying is that roofless t17 has potential to be the most tactical scheme in default, meta-game on that is crazy. Anyways, so I'm going to suggest a small chance which is adding 1 homing missile from the start. Even though enemy might still get those 2 SD weps, so he would have 3 in total, you still have bigger chances for comeback with 1 SD wep than 0.

I haven't heard a single good argument yet why adding a homing would break the scheme in any way, I mean think about it, now you only have more options to attack/defend and crate luck doesn't affect the game in such major ways anymore. Skill-cap goes UP, not down.

T17 for president!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:32 AM by Free »

Offline Free

Re: Team 17 scheme needs fixing, add homing perhaps?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:26 AM »
?

Offline Godmax

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 10:27 AM »
Someone lost recently too often and now wants the scheme to change a lot. Classical move.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44 AM »
t17 will never be this tactical glory scheme, historically it is the scheme with the most variance because it relies the most on luck of all the 'classic' schemes.

my old old t17 scheme from 2000's era had 1 homing 1 LG, seemed to work well

i support free's ideas

but t17 will still suck, at least it will be less luck based

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 11:12 AM »
I like the idea
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:18 AM by xSniperx »

Offline Rogi

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 12:37 PM »
Max girderds omfg
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline goom

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Homing at start is an interesting idea, try it out perhaps :)

On a related note, unlimited girders makes the scheme unplayable; x7 has become more popular, but occasionally I'll take it a step further with x5 (a little more focus on conserving, but still plenty).

Island Team17 is a cool alternative, been playing it a lot recently. The lack of a roof makes for a very fun dynamic, with lots of weapons you wouldn't normally see.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 05:23 PM »
I highly support 1x Homing Missile for each team.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 11:35 AM »
Shitty scheme , dunno maybe more balanced weapons ,definitly less girders

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 12:13 PM »
There is no denying that unknown number of people do believe Team17 scheme is rather bad. But it is preserved by the community nonetheless. This can be due to the fact it have lived on throughout ever since its inception. Therefore it has become a distasteful classic.

If the scheme Team17 was never created, but instead made recently, I don't think it would have been deem fit for league. It acts like a ultimatum card in league because of luck factor. It is like a slot machine, you never know what you'll get. But then again that's what the charm is about Team17, I don't think it was made to be a league scheme to begin with, but instead a good old funner.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Rogi

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 07:29 AM »
 OMG, what am i explaining here?! Offtop sorry :D
Spoiler! View
Ohh come on... Take it easy
It's not shopper... You can block, change positions,  sometimes you get very nice weapon and you really cannot to do something with that...
You forgot that when u take sd weapon at 1st or 2nd turn you just cant atack your oponent(need save sd wpn), and next turn u get useless gun or mortal(just peace of shit), so you can take big damage from your opponent who just toke some flame thower and sheep, then you continue play game with 2 worm and SD weapon, and you can't control all f@#!ing map to collect crates
I played very much games of this scheme, some wpns like: shot gun, freeze, select worm, +/-, bow, skunk  JUST CAN MAKE ur OPPONENT SUCK, and not even 2 sd weapon would be help him...

Ok, i think one HM not so bad and we need try it. I will not sad with this change
Please don't make less than 7 girder, i vote for 8 or 9,  this scheme was based on blocks.

Shitty scheme , dunno maybe more balanced weapons ,definitly less girders
Vojske, you touched me, i challenge you to play Max scheme! :D

There is no denying that unknown number of people do believe Team17 scheme is rather bad. But it is preserved by the community nonetheless. This can be due to the fact it have lived on throughout ever since its inception. Therefore it has become a distasteful classic.

If the scheme Team17 was never created, but instead made recently, I don't think it would have been deem fit for league. It acts like a ultimatum card in league because of luck factor. It is like a slot machine, you never know what you'll get. But then again that's what the charm is about Team17, I don't think it was made to be a league scheme to begin with, but instead a good old funner.
Didn't know you understand t17 mate... let's do some games then!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|