Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:15 AM

Author Topic: the end is coming  (Read 9631 times)

Offline Peja

the end is coming
« on: August 16, 2016, 06:07 PM »
introduce money to save the league >>> check
lower the playoff requirements >>> check
reset the overall stats >>> check

Estimate: 820 singles, 115 clanners

if you want a working worms league, you should try to contact jonno or charles, to get something going with wmd.
this would implicate to clean this place from being a playground for retrogressive conspiracy theorists who spread their discriminatory agenda all over this place though.
if history is any indication, this is not likely to happen.
GG  ;)

Offline Anubis

Re: the end is coming
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:12 PM »
I approve.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Agree with the poor state. Agree that there is no fix.

Putting ur cards on WMD is ridiculous though. No new gen worms game has worked online, closest came Reloaded, which had like a tiny tourney of 6 teams. More than that the game couldnt support, serverwise, playerwise, communitywise. 99% sure it's not gonna work on WMD.

TUS is not dead yet. 820 single matches is still quite far from 0. Let's hold on to that for the time being :)

I hope that the site stays though, even if wormnet is totally empty or even absent. The maps, schemes, guides are always useful, even for singleplayer gaming. And perhaps we'd still be able to find a game on the forums when the actual channels are all dead.

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 06:39 PM »
introduce money to save the league >>> check
lower the playoff requirements >>> check
reset the overall stats >>> check

Estimate: 820 singles, 115 clanners

if you want a working worms league, you should try to contact jonno or charles, to get something going with wmd.
this would implicate to clean this place from being a playground for retrogressive conspiracy theorists who spread their discriminatory agenda all over this place though.
if history is any indication, this is not likely to happen.
GG  ;)

who are you?

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 07:12 PM »
I agree... Even I lost passion to that game....  :'(

Offline theredi

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 07:28 PM »

who are you?

naive little puppet that spreads some bullshit conspiracy theories that wa is dying lmfao, there were always periods like that from time to time so use ur free time for something more constructive, u sound like those mad feminists or other sick people

Offline TheScientist

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 08:09 PM »
Use the water of death and then the water of life.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 10:28 PM »
if you want a working worms league, you should try to contact jonno or charles, [...]

WAIT, WHAT?! WHO?! ME?!

EDIT1: I don't have any plans on buying Worms WMD
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:53 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 02:09 AM »
WMD looks good enough to play competitively, it all depends on the online matchmaking etc.

If anything it will be their online setup that screws them.

But yeah in 3 weeks(504 hours) only 4 hours spent playing clanners, mostly because my clan mates were nowhere to be seen when other clans were online, even when there was it was just dt and tdc everyday, so yeah cba anymore wasting time trying to find team games.

Singles is the only thing with a shred of activity left, most are either too scared to play clanners or too unskilled.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 04:16 AM »
-----     -----     -----     breaking news: good weather kills video gaming!     -----     -----     -----
---   ---   ---   summer hole is real   ---   ---   ---

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 04:36 AM »
except its winter down here.  :(

and we don't see exactly a big amount of southamerican players on either
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 06:29 AM »
Lol shutup Hurz gamers don't care about weather lol.

Could be asteroid who cares.

Offline Senator

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 07:52 AM »
Remember there's no more money. We've seen people join even shit cups when there's money ;D Season #50 was the last season with prize money and we had 1789 games and 104 players. The following season the numbers dropped to 1323 games and 83 players and now they are even worse. Activity goes also in cycles as redi said. Season #47 we had just 1227 games and 77 players even with prize money. Two seasons later we had 2405 games and 113 players. Better times will come :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Yes but the biggest problem we suffer from these days is a combination of the following(maybe more):

Lots of players, but very few know/want to play Leagues.

People avoiding(like Chelsea), because they are too scared to play strong players in all schemes.

The people who do play timezones suck for Clanners most of the time.

People being too stubborn to leave dead clans and join another, or people aren't interested in new clans they only want to join famous/already strong clans that don't even need more members.

People playing same scheme over and over again(I used to always pick BnG some years ago, now I pick BnG/Roper/WxW as my main 3, and I was even really enjoying doing Elite clanners but unfortunately there was nobody to f**king play against, i'll play anything except Shopper, Shopper should be banned from Leagues tbh, it's a gateway scheme only.)

Worm Olympics - Yes, it's a nice gesture, and in theory it's a very cool and fun event, the 1st time it ever happened it was pretty cool, but in reality it's the worst thing to ever happen to this game, it spawned an army of noobs, it encourages cheating, aliasing, noob schemes, people not caring, it's poorly organized, with poor feedback from owners, etc, and it gets worse every year, it should happen once every 2 years at most and be organized MUCH better, and be MUCH stricter in who competes, and the stupid point system needs to be improved drastically.

When I originally said resetting league would work, the last time I was properly active was 1-2 years ago, since then i've been turning up in small patches, not realizing how bad it actually got... How wrong was I lol...

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 08:32 AM »
Lets cri so hard! It's teh enduhh!!!

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.