Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:26 PM

Author Topic: TUS leagues request  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Lupastic

TUS leagues request
« on: June 10, 2021, 03:25 PM »
Would it possible, that scheme "kaos" and scheme "bow and arrows/and mine madness" would be added to allround league, instead of being in free league on TUS? (and maybe SSR, and boom race too?) Since unfortunately you are not planning to restart free league.. :(

There is a chance it would attract more players to compete in the league.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 03:27 PM by Lupastic »

Re: TUS leagues request
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 12:25 AM »
Those schems are not anyway competitive. Luck level is to high -.-

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 03:03 AM »
Those schems are not anyway competitive. Luck level is to high -.-

This scheme was especially made for you ^^

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-3729/
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 03:13 AM »
What I like about Worm Olympics (I will repeat this in this post) is that it was a competition event that promoted lots of schemes and people had lots of fun playing.

I personally like the concept of D1's Comet Dodging Race Wee, simply because it was often hosted in competitions and is a 100% luck scheme.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 06:01 AM »
@Lupastic, I would enable the free league if there are enough requests. So far you're the only one asking.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 08:17 AM »
I asked for ZaR For TRL (second time around), long time ago.
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/zar-for-trl-season-28-32278/

Poll data is old and out of date though. But I wouldn't mind ZaR or BIG zar RR for a TRL.

Hmmm, Team17 would be nice.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 06:20 PM »
@Lupastic, I would enable the free league if there are enough requests. So far you're the only one asking.

I am also for the launch of the free league. I am sure that it will be popular, because now there is a fairly large layer of people who play the mole shopper (this can be seen from the activity at the cups), and now the Kaos scheme has become very popular in AG. I know a large number of players who love to play Forts and Golf, I think fans of BnG and Hysteria will not mind this. Also, a huge number of schemes for various races will attract players who are already tired of only the rope in the league.

In any case, the free league has not been used for so long that I see the point in launching it for at least one or two seasons for the sake of experiment and checking activity. I will personally try to attract as many people as possible if this happens.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 07:10 PM »
I mean, I'm not even sure, what are you exactly waiting for, MonkeyIsland? There has been a request like every week about the possibility of reactivating free league, and every time someone mentions it here, or writes a request/thread about it you count them as one person asking it. oO What can you lose with activating it actually? ;D It has a great chance of boosting up the activity of league games. If it remains disabled, I believe more people would just keep quitting the game. Allround league offers a nice amount of schemes that's right, but anyway, free league would even make everything better. As Sibasa mentioned, mole shopper games are quite popular, kaos games are being hosted a lot at AG... etc

Maybe give it a chance? :-* COME ON GIRLZ, BACK ME UP HERE!

Offline Mustachio

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 07:55 PM »
More options = More people to play with. Would be cool to see some people compete in Golf and Darts schemes, I'm all up for it.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 08:14 PM »
More options = More people to play with. Would be cool to see some people compete in Golf and Darts schemes, I'm all up for it.

Yes exactly, gracias Moustache :3

Offline Hurz

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 09:40 PM »
id play tfl. see this as a request :)

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 05:53 AM »
You can count on me for 10 games of activity every season

*provided that season length is 6 months

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Free league is activated.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Online FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 09:05 AM »
More options = More people to play with.

I'd like to write "Falou tudo, cara!" in portuguese, but I'll have to use the similar expression for this in english: Now you're talking! Gracias por tu comentario.

I would comment defending the league (I didn't know it was disabled), but it seems it is already working with Kaos and BnA/Mine Madness. Nice.

About Kaos, yes it is a popular scheme, especially in this moment and I'm happy to see a RubberWorm scheme in a league. However, I agree in parts with VoK that this scheme is too random and the starting positions may decide the game, there are some situations that you cannot move or do actually something, while your opponent is free to get all the crates of the map. I like Damage x2, I like explosions, lots of crates and multishot. I like that it is a good scheme for new W:A players and I like that the weapons stay for the next round, even though this can cause even more advantage to someone who can get many crates, sometimes it is better to surrender than waiting on an island hoping for a crate while your opponent gets 50 crates that will start with her/him next round. I think this scheme is extremely unbalanced for my taste. I know that luck is part of the game, that people can play bo5 and it has some interesting tactics... But, man... There are so many very good alternatives to Kaos...

I really would like to play a TUS league and choose a different scheme as my pick. I'm sure that I would have more chance of winning playing the schemes I love to play, but there are no leagues for them, and people don't know them unfortunately. They are very good, for example Plop Gum (available in HostingBuddy) is one of my favourite RubberWorm schemes and in my opinion way more balanced, way more strategic and brings way more gameplay possibilities than Kaos. I consider Fighter a genius for creating this masterpiece RubberWorm scheme that possibly was inspired in Run's Drown Syndrome that in my opinion should be also in HostingBuddy because it is a very nice idea and very funny to play. In Plop Gum you probably will never play the Sudden Death, while in Drown Syndrome you must play the game thinking on Sudden Death since the very beginning of the match. Plop Gum has the trick named "Mole Jump" which is not so easy to do on the first attempts, but it is very useful to get higher without wasting the 2 jet packs with 10 fuel or the limited girders. I like this idea of blasting yourself like in Boom Race, but in a battle scheme.

Don't forget DumbBongChow's Neocombat (available in HostingBuddy). This scheme is very creative because it is basically a Kaos that has antisink and is way more balanced. You start with some weapons and the transport tools are very limited and cannot be found in crates. AntiSink completely changes the way you play, you can use girders offensively in many situations, for example to kill respawning from antisink worms with "girder glitch" or simply putting a girder near the water to drop worms there and avoid making them go back due to antisink (exploding the worm on the girder will kill this worm, because now antisink will respawn it on the exploded girder and it will plop twice in a row). Fire can be very valuable in Neocombat to kill worms too. The weapons also continue for next match (like Kaos).

Making my own scheme advertisement, I am a big fan of my scheme Snooker. Some players don't like it because it completely changes the way you play the game, the physics is completely different, so it is very bizarre and is hard to move. However I tested it a lot, it was a scheme that took me A LOT of time to make, usually schemes that take this long to be made have Specially-designed maps. Snooker uses blank maps. I will update this scheme sooner or later, I have also a project of a variant of this scheme.

There are many other schemes I would like to see in TUS leagues. Maybe Free League could become Free in fact, and receive if not all existing schemes, at least way more possibilities than just those few ones. This game has a huge variety of game modes called schemes, and TUS only offers very few options.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:51 AM by FoxHound »
'

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 02:26 PM »
It's great news that the free league is back after 4 years of stagnation!

Perhaps, over time, we will be able to achieve the introduction of new schemes and leagues, which FoxHound talks about :)