Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:02 PM

Author Topic: TUS leagues request  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Lupastic

Re: TUS leagues request
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 05:27 PM »
yeee thank you :-*
soon I will make myself defeated in Kaos by Hurz a couple of times :D

Offline Hurz

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 12:17 AM »
More options = More people to play with.

I'd like to write "Falou tudo, cara!" in portuguese, but I'll have to use the similar expression for this in english: Now you're talking! Gracias por tu comentario.

Free league is activated.

I would comment defending the league (I didn't know it was disabled), but it seems it is already working with Kaos and BnA/Mine Madness. Nice.

About Kaos, yes it is a popular scheme, especially in this moment and I'm happy to see a RubberWorm scheme in a league. However, I agree in parts with VoK that this scheme is too random and the starting positions may decide the game, there are some situations that you cannot move or do actually something, while your opponent is free to get all the crates of the map. I like Damage x2, I like explosions, lots of crates and multishot. I like that it is a good scheme for new W:A players and I like that the weapons stay for the next round, even though this can cause even more advantage to someone who can get many crates, sometimes it is better to surrender than waiting on an island hoping for a crate while your opponent gets 50 crates that will start with her/him next round. I think this scheme is extremely unbalanced for my taste. I know that luck is part of the game, that people can play bo5 and it has some interesting tactics... But, man... There are so many very good alternatives to Kaos...

I really would like to play a TUS league and choose a different scheme as my pick. I'm sure that I would have more chance of winning playing the schemes I love to play, but there are no leagues for them, and people don't know them unfortunately. They are very good, for example Plop Gum (available in HostingBuddy) is one of my favourite RubberWorm schemes and in my opinion way more balanced, way more strategic and brings way more gameplay possibilities than Kaos. I consider Fighter a genius for creating this masterpiece RubberWorm scheme that possibly was inspired in Run's Drown Syndrome that in my opinion should be also in HostingBuddy because it is a very nice idea and very funny to play. In Plop Gum you probably will never play the Sudden Death, while in Drown Syndrome you must play the game thinking on Sudden Death since the very beginning of the match. Plop Gum has the trick named "Mole Jump" which is not so easy to do on the first attempts, but it is very useful to get higher without wasting the 2 jet packs with 10 fuel or the limited girders. I like this idea of blasting yourself like in Boom Race, but in a battle scheme.

Don't forget DumbBongChow's Neocombat (available in HostingBuddy). This scheme is very creative because it is basically a Kaos that has antisink and is way more balanced. You start with some weapons and the transport tools are very limited and cannot be found in crates. AntiSink completely changes the way you play, you can use girders offensively in many situations, for example to kill respawning from antisink worms with "girder glitch" or simply putting a girder near the water to drop worms there and avoid making them go back due to antisink (exploding the worm on the girder will kill this worm, because now antisink will respawn it on the exploded girder and it will plop twice in a row). Fire can be very valuable in Neocombat to kill worms too. The weapons also continue for next match (like Kaos).

Making my own scheme advertisement, I am a big fan of my scheme Snooker. Some players don't like it because it completely changes the way you play the game, the physics is completely different, so it is very bizarre and is hard to move. However I tested it a lot, it was a scheme that took me A LOT of time to make, usually schemes that take this long to be made have Specially-designed maps. Snooker uses blank maps. I will update this scheme sooner or later, I have also a project of a variant of this scheme.

There are many other schemes I would like to see in TUS leagues. Maybe Free League could become Free in fact, and receive if not all existing schemes, at least way more possibilities than just those few ones. This game has a huge variety of game modes called schemes, and TUS only offers very few options.

just referring to the kaos part: the scheme used for tfl by now, kaos pro by dreamtrance is pretty much balanced by the try to minimize the luck factor. its without double damage and donkey e.g., mb its not what you traditionally think of kaos, like anything goes, but its way more skill based since you cant just get double damage double time and donkey or smth in 1 turn and end all in a sec.
your point with placement and crate access is a thing, ofc, but as you mentionted, by play it bo5, commonly oocco, even if you got like 0 crates first 2 rounds you usually get a good chance to fight back in caves.
kaos bo5 got a variety of tactics, and requires skills in almost all weaps and moves. since its shop based you cant avoid some luck ;)

just read your full post haha yeah drown syndrome is totally hosting buddy or league worth, i tried to make it popular with some cups once i think. or just one.
hmm

Offline Hurz

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2021, 12:19 AM »
oh and ofc ty MI for tfl again :D  :-* you ruin my life.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2021, 05:26 AM »

just referring to the kaos part: the scheme used for tfl by now, kaos pro by dreamtrance is pretty much balanced by the try to minimize the luck factor. its without double damage and donkey e.g., mb its not what you traditionally think of kaos, like anything goes, but its way more skill based since you cant just get double damage double time and donkey or smth in 1 turn and end all in a sec.
your point with placement and crate access is a thing, ofc, but as you mentionted, by play it bo5, commonly oocco, even if you got like 0 crates first 2 rounds you usually get a good chance to fight back in caves.
kaos bo5 got a variety of tactics, and requires skills in almost all weaps and moves. since its shop based you cant avoid some luck ;)

Well if DreamTrance made the scheme variation, so I trust that it is a way better scheme than original Kaos. I liked the adjustments you mentioned, but I still don't like the idea of standing on an island skipping your turn, while the opponent "shops". If this scheme has this aspect I will probably not like it so much, the same way I don't like to play a Board Game map that makes you skip turns, this is boring for me, there are many Board Game maps, some of them are very boring to play because the map maker forces the player to "waste" several turns in order to advance the race. There are many good Board Game maps too, which are very funny and make you try something you normally wouldn't do in any other scheme. So, I need to play Kaos league version by DreamTrance, because DreamTrance is the author of a RubberWorm scheme I apreciate called Jumper, very well thought scheme based on a movie I enjoyed watching on the cinema. I am really not a big fan of Kaos, but I might change my mind, let's see.

just read your full post haha yeah drown syndrome is totally hosting buddy or league worth, i tried to make it popular with some cups once i think. or just one.
hmm

Oh! True. I found your cup. It seems Drown Syndrome article in WKB needs an update in its history section... Drown Syndrome is great, I only think 66 seconds is way too much time for someone used to the scheme and also a lot of time that can be wasted if the player hurt his worm or loses control (it can be very painful when this happens), that's why there is a version with 33 seconds that I need to try one day. But 66 seconds is great for someone playing it for the first times. It is good to have time to plan your moves and do not waste the weapons that are all limited. Also, 66 seconds allows you to walk a lot on the map and climb with chute and girders to escape from the flood. It is a very good scheme, and one of the first RubberWorm schemes. A living fossil RW scheme still more balanced than Kaos in my opinion.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 07:27 PM »
Nice! Now many new options of schemes to play!

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2021, 09:14 PM »
Nice! Now many new options of schemes to play!

That's right Albie :-*

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2021, 09:26 PM »
in kaos tus scheme I agree with 2x damage being disabled, as it usually ruins the whole game, but stockpiling really should be on? it's kinda unfair and noobish. if you have a strong first round win, you block the enemy, and before you finish him off, or he surrenders, you can shop thru the whole map for +1 turn, and gather yourself 3 nanas, 2 holys, etc. is it really fair to start the 2nd round like that..? :D shouldn't this scheme be updated? or at least let stockpiling be disabled? same goes for the mole shopper tus FL scheme. (if you play bo3 mole shopper with Ramone's mole shoppa tus scheme, stockpiling is on, weird)

some of the other free league tus schemes seem REALLY outdated as well. most of them was uploaded like 12 years ago, in 2009. in jetpack race, there are no collision for worms. I don't think the scheme was meant to be like that, so that 6 worms don't even fit on the starting line, because there's not enough space on some maps.. many outdated wrong stuff there, with HostingBuddy version, every scheme is more functional and makes more sense.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2021, 09:45 PM »
in kaos tus scheme I agree with 2x damage being disabled, as it usually ruins the whole game, but stockpiling really should be on? it's kinda unfair and noobish. if you have a strong first round win, you block the enemy, and before you finish him off, or he surrenders, you can shop thru the whole map for +1 turn, and gather yourself 3 nanas, 2 holys, etc. is it really fair to start the 2nd round like that..? :D shouldn't this scheme be updated? or at least let stockpiling be disabled? same goes for the mole shopper tus FL scheme. (if you play bo3 mole shopper with Ramone's mole shoppa tus scheme, stockpiling is on, weird)

some of the other free league tus schemes seem REALLY outdated as well. most of them was uploaded like 12 years ago, in 2009. in jetpack race, there are no collision for worms. I don't think the scheme was meant to be like that, so that 6 worms don't even fit on the starting line, because there's not enough space on some maps.. many outdated wrong stuff there, with HostingBuddy version, every scheme is more functional and makes more sense.

the point of having stockpiling enabled adds a tactic, wich is trying to get prepared for the next round by collecting things for later too. id rather save the dyna and kill you with a mortar if i got the chance.
ofc it happens that you get low access on crates, in league games it should be avoided by using maps with less locks and unreachable zones for first round. even if you get low crates first round, opponent collects his ass, youll usually be able to turn the game around in cave.
thats another point why game should be bo5 not bo3. if you use scheme wrong it makes less sense :p

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 10:59 PM »
the point of having stockpiling enabled adds a tactic, wich is trying to get prepared for the next round by collecting things for later too. id rather save the dyna and kill you with a mortar if i got the chance.
ofc it happens that you get low access on crates, in league games it should be avoided by using maps with less locks and unreachable zones for first round. even if you get low crates first round, opponent collects his ass, youll usually be able to turn the game around in cave.
thats another point why game should be bo5 not bo3. if you use scheme wrong it makes less sense :p

aint noone got time for bo5, it takes forever br0 :( whos gonna feed my slaves down in the cellar, bo3 usually shows who's the better or LUCKIER player in kaos : ]] but yeah otherwise I understand your point.

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2021, 08:49 AM »
Can somebody enter the host's game, if I ever play against Lupastic? Each time we are alone, he throws extremely toxic insults in private messages, really below the belt. Believe me or not, but he does it completely unprovoked. I genuinely attempted 2x times to play some Free League and have some chillout. First time I asked him if It's possible for me to host my 1st pick, he said he doesn't mind, then upon messaging me again, he calls me stupid in 5 different synonyms, and proceeds to throwing more insults, laughing for no reason and indicating I would leave after my pick. He does the same even after I already agree to play his pick first, as if his only purpose was there to only insult me. As Komito once said, we are such a small community, and yet Lupastic makes it really hard to enjoy the games. I would prefer it if I had some other person nearby, as I feel uncomfortable, when Lupastic randomly talks to me in the evenings. Or maybe we should have some age limit.

This is the only person from whom I have ever experienced such a level of being vicious + the guy conveniently changes our archive and pastes it in #AnythingGoes for God-knows what reason. I am just warning people to play against him. For me, playing a game with somebody should be like going to a pub, having some chillout together, and listening to some nice background music. Then having cheers together and talking about the old times. That's all I really wish for.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 09:35 AM by ZorroX »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2021, 10:12 AM »
@ZorroX - If you are receiving abusive behaviour, record this via video or image capture.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 06:36 PM »
zorro, you have already been proven a frequent liar before, who usually makes a fool of himself, as seen here before:

https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1120/?start=30#top
(+ the next page)
and by the way, weren't you the one who like 2 days ago kept spamming hosting a room on AG for an hour long with the name "Lupastic = castrated quitter"? ;D ;D ;D I have friends and playmates who have seen too the name of your game rooms (administrators can look it back so it would be proven, if you'd lie the 1000th time) even though I have never played with you before, and anyway I'm no quitter : )

I'm really worrying about you being really sick in the head, that's why I avoided you and challenged other players to play with, but you kept spamming and messaging me in private on snooper for another 30 minutes long that I should play with you, and when I stopped answering, you kept "noobing me" and saying that I'm castrated :D Dunno where you get these words from though.. do you really need to keep wasting your time on this, and to make an even bigger fool of yourself in front of everyone? I kept ignoring you, and you kept "harassing" me with nonsense messages and words, and now you come here lying and complaining in public ;D I'm just gonna keep ignoring you on snooper, so you need to try harder here more and sweat. :) interesting persona for a WA player. please don't be fixed on nagging me, I love girls, not boys..  :'( :D
And you know what's the funniest in this matter? You are the only one who feels this way zorro (+you are lying a lot, of course, you know that), ask the players who know me, or who have played with me. ;) This stuff you're writing here that I'm toxic and stuff like that. I was only laughing my ass off ON YOU, FOR A REASON ;D ;D
I, and the others started to ignore you on your silly nonsense mole shopper comment section as well (the comments you left there), but you still felt like spamming it. You know, we, others have stuff to do in every day's life, we have a job, etc, your only real problem is, that you have too much free time on your hands I think :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:49 PM by Lupastic »

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 06:39 PM »
Another thing, apart from this little teen drama here, can I suggest or ask that Fly shopper and Surf shopper schemes would be added to Allround league - Rope ladders? There is simple Shopper and Wxw shopper, so why not fly and surf? :D

And for the tus free league, schemes Blast Zone and Burning Girders would also be nice to be added?