Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:41 PM

Author Topic: League Points Pattern  (Read 7272 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

League Points Pattern
« on: November 12, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Points calculation system changed based on ELO formula tuned for TUS.

The base (standard point) to gain or lose is 40. (Same win points like previous, but losing points are now 40 too.)

Points calculation system is now points-base instead of rate-base. But system will just use ranks to "label" your points.

Each 60 points are one rank.
Starting from 1000 (Absolute Beginner) up to 2200 or more (Elite).

The max points someone can gain is 80. Beating a lower skilled player will cause gaining less points than what it was before. So hopefully less noobbashing this time.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:04 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

Re: League Points Pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:08 AM »
@Monkeyisland:

Godito is leading classic league with 1104 points (22 wins, 2 losses) and still being rated as Absolute Beginner. Don't u think his rating should've moved up by now?

Obsolete  ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:39 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 08:11 AM »
How do you say that?
He is moved to "beginner" now.  Hold your mouse cursor on his rate image, It will say the level name.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 08:36 AM »
Aha! I thought it is stayed the same, because the image is the same as for absolute beginners.

Obsolete  :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:39 PM by Rok »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 08:55 AM »
The rank images are not 20, So Almost every 2 rank level share one image.

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:48 PM »
Game 3351 - Rambo gained 0 (zero) points.

You might wanna review your formulas a bit, Monkeyisland  :D

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 11:42 PM »
thats because it was a playoff game

Offline Rok

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Oh, right  :-[

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Rok you aint lucky :D

Offline Rok

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 03:35 PM »
Why, just WHY were the ratings reseted?!  >:( Everybody turned absolute begginers again over the night (new season that is). This is NOT how u do it in RATING based scoring system, ffs.

EDIT: yes, i really ain't lucky.

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 08:02 PM »
I totally agree with Rok, now I can gain great amount of points by beating a noob at RR. This is not fair.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 08:25 PM »
You guys gotta give me a break ok?

The easiest way is to say "This is dumb", "That's just silly", "It won't work".
Have you forgot this :
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-ideas/why-does-the-system-still-calculate-new-points-with-the-old-score/

Maybe better to offer a solution along with those?

Offline Rok

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Ok, i'm sorry i yelled :)

The solution is just to NEVER reset the scheme ratings.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 08:42 PM »
The most problem in that thread was league newcomers gained more points ... like the famous shaggy and flori example.

I'll try to filter new comers, So take that advantage away from them, then keeping all stats.
Those probably will be the new changes. (Along with Intermediate maybe)

Edit : Good idea to read again that topic. See how badly people want to have the stats reset every month.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:45 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Rok

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 09:49 PM »
So the newcomers will gain more points, who cares. That will change after 1 season when they'll get the rating worthy of their skill. Just don't reset after seson end, plz!